• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Alpha] ISFp= which MBTI type

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm confused of my MBTI type because I can't decide to go of the overall type descriptions or the functions. Socionics ISFp describes me more than any other personality description. What would that translate into in MBTI? It's really strange because while I can relate to the overall ISFP description in MBTI, I cannot relate to the functions. While I relate to the functions of ISFJ in MBTI, I don't like the description as much. I'm not spontaneous like the SPs. I like routine, yet I'm very much into my sensory experiences.

What do you think?

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
I'm confused of my MBTI type because I can't decide to go of the overall type descriptions or the functions. Socionics ISFp describes me more than any other personality description. What would that translate into in MBTI? It's really strange because while I can relate to the overall ISFP description in MBTI, I cannot relate to the functions. While I relate to the functions of ISFJ in MBTI, I don't like the description as much. I'm not spontaneous like the SPs. I like routine, yet I'm very much into my sensory experiences.

What do you think?

I think the descriptions of the subtypes can be somewhat more accurate than the general type descriptions, but I don't understand the Socionics system to say anything about the functions or how they interact. In MBTI I'm an INFJ, but in Socionics I've tested as ENTj, ENFj, ENFp, and ISTj. I can relate to the INFp description, but the ENFj description is somewhat more accurate so I consider myself an ENFj.

Socionics does seem much less 'fluid' a system than MBTI because it offers physical descriptions and facial characteristics.

TL;DR: MBTI and Socionics are two different systems

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh bullshit, they are not that different. I mean there are visible differences, but not as much of them as most of the people think. ISFp uses Si+Fe functions which correlates with MBTI ISFJ. I'd say about 90% of ISFps are ISFJs in MBTI and the rest might maybe be ISFPs and INFPs.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, they are different, but it seems that if the wording was slightly different they would be the same. I'm having a difficult time spitting it out, but what I'm trying to say is that I feel like a "P" in both systems, mainly because I don't see myself as a traditionalist as described by Keirsey, but I'm not out chasing sensory experiences either, like the ISFP. I am very attuned to senses as they happen to me.

I guess other people could see me as a traditionalist if they define a traditionalist as someone that likes routine, doesn't like unexpected surprises, or trying new things(I sometimes do though, it makes life fun) and not as someone who is politically conservative or religious(I am neither). I trust my senses.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Keirsey was the best and worst thing to happen to Jungian typology.

To quote Hogwarts Professor Spock, you must unlearn what you have learned

TreeBob

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keirsey was the best and worst thing to happen to Jungian typology.

To quote Hogwarts Professor Spock, you must unlearn what you have learned

Yeah, they are different, but it seems that if the wording was slightly different they would be the same. I'm having a difficult time spitting it out, but what I'm trying to say is that I feel like a "P" in both systems, mainly because I don't see myself as a traditionalist as described by Keirsey, but I'm not out chasing sensory experiences either, like the ISFP. I am very attuned to senses as they happen to me.

I guess other people could see me as a traditionalist if they define a traditionalist as someone that likes routine, doesn't like unexpected surprises, or trying new things(I sometimes do though, it makes life fun) and not as someone who is politically conservative or religious(I am neither). I trust my senses.

I agree with starcrash. Keirsey brought his version of Jungian theory to the masses with his books, but I feel like a lot of his theory is flawed. It certainly doesn't jive with MBTI. Socionics is complicated and ISFp (actually SEI in Socionics) and all the other types don't really exist. That was some dudes way of correlating to MBTI to gain exposure to the Russian version of Jungian interpretation. I won't come out and say which system is correct, but I will say stop reading all the theories and try to concentrate on the Jungian cognitive functions themselves. After you find that out you will have your MBTI.

Socionics ≠ MBTI ≠ Keirsey
3 systems based off of Carl Jung's theories.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I agree with starcrash. Keirsey brought his version of Jungian theory to the masses with his books, but I feel like a lot of his theory is flawed. It certainly doesn't jive with MBTI. Socionics is complicated and ISFp (actually SEI in Socionics) and all the other types don't really exist. That was some dudes way of correlating to MBTI to gain exposure to the Russian version of Jungian interpretation. I won't come out and say which system is correct, but I will say stop reading all the theories and try to concentrate on the Jungian cognitive functions themselves. After you find that out you will have your MBTI.

Socionics ≠ MBTI ≠ Keirsey
3 systems based off of Carl Jung's theories.

This theory stuff is making me dizzy anyways. It's important not to get too hung on Jung.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People who directly translate it don't know the changes. They're charmed by how things look similar.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Learn the three letter code and identify yourself by that instead of worrying about translating the 4 letter code into MBTI

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think I'm ISFJ for sure now. I was just confused because I am artistically inclined. Happens all the time, right? :newwink:

Russian

MBTI Type
enfp
I'm confused of my MBTI type because I can't decide to go of the overall type descriptions or the functions.
Yes, indeed, in MBTI - no descriptions of each function, as it is in socionics.
If you are well suited socionics, there is no need to search for MBTI-type.
But if in you need abstract analogy, by functions SEI = ISFJ, but descriptions of the types is always subjective.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, indeed, in MBTI - no descriptions of each function, as it is in socionics.
If you are well suited socionics, there is no need to search for MBTI-type.
But if in you need abstract analogy, by functions SEI = ISFJ, but descriptions of the types is always subjective.

Thanks! Yeah, I think the MBTI description for ISFJ and ISFP both suck. I think the descriptions work best when they focus on SiFe, like socionics does.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If anything, SEIs (ISFp, Si-Fe) strike me as being similar to MBTI's ISFP (Fi-Se). ISFPs aren't exactly typically thought of as moral crusaders, and neither are ISFp's. That honor belongs to the ESI (ISFj).

SEI and ISFP both seem phlegmatic, dreamy, and aesthetic. Si as leading IM would do that.

Russian

MBTI Type
enfp
https://youtu.be/49bcxwu72oo

this is a Russian cartoon.
Plot: a man (ILE) overslept fishing, got up in a bad mood and left his wife (SEI Si+Fe)
Woman on a swing - EIE / IEI (Fe + Si)
The woman with the papers - SLE / LSI (Se + Ti)
Widow - SLI (Si + Te)

Very typical movements and behavior of the characters

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
https://youtu.be/49bcxwu72oo

this is a Russian cartoon.
Plot: a man (ILE) overslept fishing, got up in a bad mood and left his wife (SEI Si+Fe)
Woman on a swing - EIE / IEI (Fe + Si)
The woman with the papers - SLE / LSI (Se + Ti)
Widow - SLI (Si + Te)

Very typical movements and behavior of the characters

That is an awful, just awful cartoon. Protip if your example of type is a social propaganda clip dressed up as an archaic fable..... don't use it. The whole thing was about marrying a “proper” woman. Avoid the vapid socialite, don't bother with the intellectual, and avoid the emasculating matron. Just so bad. :ack!:

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
If anything, SEIs (ISFp, Si-Fe) strike me as being similar to MBTI's ISFP (Fi-Se). ISFPs aren't exactly typically thought of as moral crusaders, and neither are ISFp's. That honor belongs to the ESI (ISFj).

SEI and ISFP both seem phlegmatic, dreamy, and aesthetic. Si as leading IM would do that.

That's the dilemma I've had. There's a lot of info. that describes MBTI ISFP as soft and in tune with senses, but there is a lot of info. that says ISFPs have Se and should be more aggressive. I think this is influenced by people using functions described by socionics though. I can't relate to that, but I am a rather soft, artistic type. I don't relate to being a moral crusader. I do have personal values like anyone else, but I don't really care to force them on others.

I guess I relate more to the overall descriptions than the functions.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
When I'm in a good mood, I can be very light humored and goofy. Is this an ISFJ or ISFP thing?

Russian

MBTI Type
enfp
That is an awful, just awful cartoon. Just so bad. :ack!:
:D :D :D :D
Don't need to take this seriously. I like this cartoon, I think its wonderful. And led him into an example to show how to look movement SEI (Si+Fe).

Russian

MBTI Type
enfp
that describes MBTI ISFP as soft and in tune with senses, but there is a lot of info. that says ISFPs have Se and should be more aggressive.

The fact that dichotomise MBTI tests do not determine the function of consciousness, they only define the dichotomy of "sensing/intuition, thinking/feeling, extraversion/introversion", "judgement/perception".
Your score on MBTI tests - ISFP does not mean that you are ISTP and only that! The order of the functions can only guess. Here in MBTI guess that ISFP functions Fi+Se. And in socionic guess that ISFP functions Si+Fe.

There are differences between SEI and ESI.
SEI love the comfort, they necessarily have a favorite couch, his nook decorated with bright toys. SEI loudly and sincerely laugh, they like to have sex. Love to cook and love to eat

ESI more restrained and tense, they don't like loud laughter and believe that loud laugh indecently. They may require your loved ones adherence to certain standards of behavior, limits of decency. Tend not to decorate their house, don't like bright toys.