• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Logic, ethics, sensing, intuition - of others, versus of yourself. Model B elements

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
After reading through these, this one struck me the most as it is most relatable to my own experiences.

Common sense and the controlling of information within me, myself and everyone else. All those differing perspectives. Interesting ideas, I should brush up on Socionics more (he said for the umpteenth time).

Thank you. Is it true you type yourself as ILI? What about in the Myers-Briggs? For some reason in the past I thought you were an ESFJ and I might be remembering someone else, not sure why I thought that.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Thank you. Is it true you type yourself as ILI? What about in the Myers-Briggs? For some reason in the past I thought you were an ESFJ and I might be remembering someone else, not sure why I thought that.

I'm a bit unsure of myself and so that's reflected in my typings. ILI doesn't mean I actually think that.

I did identify as ESFJ for a very long time though.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
After reading through these, this one struck me the most as it is most relatable to my own experiences.

Common sense and the controlling of information within me, myself and everyone else. All those differing perspectives. Interesting ideas, I should brush up on Socionics more (he said for the umpteenth time).

You can brush up on socionics more around the time when I finish my endless project of collecting millions of detailed examples of all sixteen (eight with +/-) information elements. I'll finish that project someday, I said for the umpteenth time.

I'm not sure it would be easy for you to find a lot of this information by reading about socionics anyway. The reason why I'm doing this stuff is because there aren't a lot of other people doing it, and I can't find the information anywhere. For example, I might find a description of Ne: "Exploring Possibilities." Woo-hoo! That sure helps a lot! A two-word summary of what Ne does leaves me totally lost in my ability to look around me and see that happening in real people and know that it's Ne. It's so general that I could label *everyone* as Ne because everyone explores possibilities every once in a while, in their own specific way.

I want tons and tons of detail, I want to know what words they use when they talk, the type of grammar in their sentences, and examples of real people who are that type.

So, when you say you can relate to the idea of common sense, controlling the information in yourself and others, can you give any examples of a time when you have done that? Differing perspectives of lots of people, summed up into a general idea - how do you do that? I know it's hard to think of examples without some kind of prompting to suggest a specific thing.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
You can brush up on socionics more around the time when I finish my endless project of collecting millions of detailed examples of all sixteen (eight with +/-) information elements. I'll finish that project someday, I said for the umpteenth time.

I'm not sure it would be easy for you to find a lot of this information by reading about socionics anyway. The reason why I'm doing this stuff is because there aren't a lot of other people doing it, and I can't find the information anywhere. For example, I might find a description of Ne: "Exploring Possibilities." Woo-hoo! That sure helps a lot! A two-word summary of what Ne does leaves me totally lost in my ability to look around me and see that happening in real people and know that it's Ne. It's so general that I could label *everyone* as Ne because everyone explores possibilities every once in a while, in their own specific way.

I want tons and tons of detail, I want to know what words they use when they talk, the type of grammar in their sentences, and examples of real people who are that type.

So, when you say you can relate to the idea of common sense, controlling the information in yourself and others, can you give any examples of a time when you have done that? Differing perspectives of lots of people, summed up into a general idea - how do you do that? I know it's hard to think of examples without some kind of prompting to suggest a specific thing.

Ah I see. It's more..I have an agenda against people who constantly call a thing (object?) part of common sense just because it suits them at the time and it's something that is hard to truly define and is often considered an objective reality as opposed to some vague ideas based around experience that some may not have experienced yet. Controlling because it is usually used to influence others around their competency and knowledge.

Frankly I understand the term and see it's necessity but it's also overused and in a way I think is...not incorrect but inaccurate.

I relate more to being on the other side of the group common sense you outlined. For me nothing is common it's just a set of experiences that differ by individual. But we can fill in gaps with logic and assumption and common sense can be considered a form of assumption and logic. But I think it more likely translates into 'what am I thinking?', this is also why I don't like or enjoy lateral thinking puzzles like "A man was found dead in a field, how did he get there?" which are guessing games around guessing the right answer to please the unpleasable.

Retmeishka

MBTI Type
ISTP
Ah I see. It's more..I have an agenda against people who constantly call a thing (object?) part of common sense just because it suits them at the time and it's something that is hard to truly define and is often considered an objective reality as opposed to some vague ideas based around experience that some may not have experienced yet. Controlling because it is usually used to influence others around their competency and knowledge.

Frankly I understand the term and see it's necessity but it's also overused and in a way I think is...not incorrect but inaccurate.

I relate more to being on the other side of the group common sense you outlined. For me nothing is common it's just a set of experiences that differ by individual. But we can fill in gaps with logic and assumption and common sense can be considered a form of assumption and logic. But I think it more likely translates into 'what am I thinking?', this is also why I don't like or enjoy lateral thinking puzzles like "A man was found dead in a field, how did he get there?" which are guessing games around guessing the right answer to please the unpleasable.

I actually wanted to keep talking about this, I just haven't been able to focus on anything that requires me to really use my brain, because I'm all stressed out about having to move out of my apartment right now. But I haven't forgotten, I promise. (The whole entire thread had to sort of fizzle due to my distraction.)