• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Plus and Minus Elements

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you think ENFjs are more able to dissociate than other types? Or would you not take it that far?

Dissociate? No. If I could dissociate, I would be just fine in the world. It's the fact that EIE can't dissociate, I think, that might force an EIE into the life of a recluse.

Also, does being an enneagram 7 sx make more sense then?

Most theorists who have attempted to correlate Jungian cognitive theory (Myers-Briggs-Kiersey and Socionics) with Enneagram theory say that EIE is likely to fall on the 3-6-9 axis (and that does indicate denial of some kind). All three of those types are in denial about either their shame (3), their anger (9), or their fear (6). I happen to be an Enneagram Type 1 (perfectionist, Mr. Goody-two-shoes, ethically rigid, highly self-critical), but my Tri-type is 1-3-6. You might try a Tri-type test to see how you fare. That said, I would think it quite rare for an EIE to be an Enneagram Type 7. We, generally, suck at Se (and a 7 is almost a living model of Se--highly acquisitive, i.e. "Give me what I want, and give it to me now.") That seems very unlike an EIE to me. That said, as an Enneagram Type 1, I "integrate" toward Type 7 (an inquisitive, fun-loving, sensory-input-seeking, wacky, eccentric, accumulator of experiences and material wealth), so it's possible (for me) to be both an EIE and to show traits of an Enneagram Type 7 when I'm healthy. Your Tri-type scores might give you a better feel for this than I can.

Wait for it ... :shrug:

:D

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dissociate? No. If I could dissociate, I would be just fine in the world. It's the fact that EIE can't dissociate, I think, that might force an EIE into the life of a recluse.

I guess it would depend on how the dissoication is manifested. I dissociate into myself and become nearly catatonic in a 'sub space'. Which matches with being reclusive.

I have suspected for a long time that Ni is the supremo dissociation function. That those who naturally have Ni as their dom or aux functions are the ones most likely to dissociate into different personas. But that is only a fledgling hypothesis, not well thought-out yet.

Most theorists who have attempted to correlate Jungian cognitive theory (Myers-Briggs-Kiersey and Socionics) with Enneagram theory say that EIE is likely to fall on the 3-6-9 axis (and that does indicate denial of some kind). All three of those types are in denial about either their shame (3), their anger (9), or their fear (6). I happen to be an Enneagram Type 1 (perfectionist, Mr. Goody-two-shoes, ethically rigid, highly self-critical), but my Tri-type is 1-3-6. You might try a Tri-type test to see how you fare. That said, I would think it quite rare for an EIE to be an Enneagram Type 7. We, generally, suck at Se (and a 7 is almost a living model of Se--highly acquisitive, i.e. "Give me what I want, and give it to me now.") That seems very unlike an EIE to me. That said, as an Enneagram Type 1, I "integrate" toward Type 7 (an inquisitive, fun-loving, sensory-input-seeking, wacky, eccentric, accumulator of experiences and material wealth), so it's possible (for me) to be both an EIE and to show traits of an Enneagram Type 7 when I'm healthy. Your Tri-type scores might give you a better feel for this than I can.

ENFj persona might very well have anger or shame. After all, explosive outbursts of anger are the hallmark of bpd. I am reticent to enneatype my personas as of yet. Maybe someday. I can see 3 though for sure, because she likes to dress eccentric and weird, and likes to be the center of attention without appearing to be the center of attention. I guess I am not feeling very enfj-ish right now, hence the 'she'. Sorry if that sounds weird. :huh:

Wait for it ... :shrug:

:D

haha. perfect!