• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] Discovering Socionics- Most Valid and Reliable Online Assesments and Determining Type

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Been exploring socionics recently by taking several tests to find out which type fits. Even though I have selected EII based off of two tests I have taken on Socionics.com with the Turbo test and the word choice selection test. I've taken both Socionics tests on Sociotype.com, which has given me results for either LII (INTj) or ILI (INTp). Which would be the most reliable and valid test out there to use to determine type? Is it possible to have variance between Socionics type and MBTI type?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Been exploring socionics recently by taking several tests to find out which type fits. Even though I have selected EII based off of two tests I have taken on Socionics.com with the Turbo test and the word choice selection test. I've taken both Socionics tests on Sociotype.com, which has given me results for either LII (INTj) or ILI (INTp). Which would be the most reliable and valid test out there to use to determine type? Is it possible to have variance between Socionics type and MBTI type?

Study and read up on model A, understand how the functions are defined (not the MBTI use of the word) and how they work together with the information elements.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Study and read up on model A, understand how the functions are defined (not the MBTI use of the word) and how they work together with the information elements.

Thanks. I've noticed variances in results between the online tests I've taken, but exploring Model A as the basis behind Socionics will help create a better understanding. :)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks. I've noticed variances in results between the online tests I've taken, but exploring Model A as the basis behind Socionics will help create a better understanding. :)

Online tests are never really accurate, imo. They can be used as a start to narrow things down with, but nothing more than that.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Online tests are never really accurate, imo. They can be used as a start to narrow things down with, but nothing more than that.

Yeah, I notice way too much variance with them. One test gives me ILI, another LII, then LIE, then a couple going for EII and IEI. Best to cut to the chase and go for studying the functions and type descriptions.