• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is duality like

Alea_iacta_est

Like being with someone who sort of "completes" you psychologically. You guard each other's weak-points and share the same values; ergo, duals feel unusually safe around each other considering duals operate in social spheres that are polar opposites to each other.

Some observations/postulations made by some Socionists about Duality:

• Upon first meeting each other feel like they've known each other their entire life in some subdued sense
  • Yet subsequently don't notice and can even ignore each other until direct social contact has been made*
  • Often don't realize how much they complement each other until they break contact, which is said to make both parties feel a sense of longing to reconnect and be around the person more (doubly so for romantic duality)

Duals are your energizers (that don't overcharge you like Activity relations). Being around them usually produces a pleasing psychological effect, a sort of ecstasy.

*This may sound applicable to any inter-type relation, as you generally have to talk to someone to see what they are like, but some relations like Activity, Super-Ego, and Benefactor (them) produce a mysterious intrigue into the other person without necessarily having interacted with them, perhaps by just observing them just a little.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lana del Rey is not an ENFP, she barely even smiles...of course a lot of that is self conscious reserve, I think, be cause she was this Jersey girl, if you look at her when she went by Lizzy Grant, it's really unfair how people call her this rich bitch, she's not that at all...she had that look and somehow brought it under control, I believe it's a very mindful thing. But she doesn't smile much and says it's because she's always thinking. You are one of the only people I have ever seen label her ENFP, usually I see INFJ or ISFP because her Ni and Se axis is so evident in her music and how she makes a character of herself.

I also think Lorde is the most obnoxious INFJ who ever lived and I can't wait for her to be 25 so she's not so lamely holier-than-thou based on nothing but theory.

And did you just call Lady Gaga ISFJ? Katy Perry ISTJ?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[*]Often don't realize how much they complement each other until they break contact, which is said to make both parties feel a sense of longing to reconnect and be around the person more (doubly so for romantic duality)

I definitely noticed this.

Upon first meeting: they seemed somewhat like a character from a story.

cm81

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm assuming this has nothing to do with a shadow type...

Abby Ann

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
0w0
Speaking from personal experience, it's FREAKING AMAZING!!! It can be hard at the same time though. But GOD it just FEELS SO GOOD. Like you're on cloud nine all of the time. And when your dual isn't around, you think about them quite a bit (which is kinda annoying, but considering how good you feel all of the time, it's an easy trade). However, it can be hard to get to that point of dualization and there are a lot of 'bumps' along the road. But it gets easier the more experience you have with duals.

From what I understand, duality between socionics types ending in 'p' is different from duality between types ending in 'j'. Being a socionics 'p' type, I can tell you what duality is like for types with dominant perceiving functions. It's like a freaky dance of opposites and you kinda become rhythmically in love/obsessed with each other. When one person is loving on the other, the second person will be like "eek, get away!" and if the first person backs away, then the second person will start loving on the first. It's very dynamic. BUT... it can be damn hard to make it work in a romantic relationship. Since everything is SUPER INTENSE (the good feelings and the bad feelings), it's easy to just want to be done with it. But as long as you're just looking for a good experience and not trying to find the solution to all of life's problems through love and duality, you should be ok.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't think I've ever been in a relationship or even had a friendship with a dual before. I did come across an ESE on a socionics forum and found out that she only lives 30 minutes away from me. I am an LII. We are meeting for coffee next week. I'm a bit nervous but rather excited. I'll let you know how it turns out.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think I've ever been in a relationship or even had a friendship with a dual before. I did come across an ESE on a socionics forum and found out that she only lives 30 minutes away from me. I am an LII. We are meeting for coffee next week. I'm a bit nervous but rather excited. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Waiting in anticipation.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I might have a vague, distant idea of it.

I'm not saying I know my seatmate at work well enough to declare him a SLE, just that if he was one, he'd be a stereotypical example. There is an amusing mirror there that I've observed. The invariably Se-heavy stuff he is interested in openly, I too often share an interest in, but covertly - as guilty pleasures, ways I blow off steam between doing the things I usually do, genuine obsessions that I keep to myself because they're irregular and unrefined. And we listen to the same music all day.

NancyD

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Duality turned me into a nut job. :thumbup:

Geonat

And carrying this absurd logic to its conclusion, I must admit that that struggle implies a total absence of hope (which has nothing to do with despair), a continual rejection (which must not be confused with renunciation), and a conscious dissatisfaction (which must not be compared to immature unrest). Everything that destroys, conjures away, or exorcises these requirements (and, to begin with, consent which overthrows divorce) ruins the absurd and devaluates the attitude that may then be proposed. The absurd has meaning only in so far as it is not agreed to.