• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Supervisor relationships

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would you like to get into a debate with your supervisor? Fair warning, supervision is painful. My sister is the supervisee of my dad, and she often talks about how he says nasty things to her... that aren't remotely nasty. One thing that is very plain is that supervisees never correctly interpret their supervisor (worse, ILIs can be painstakingly oblivious to how they come across, so most people end up misinterpreting us).
Haha that is true, I can never tell whether my supervisor is being an asshole or saying something neutral that I'm misinterpreting. I try to look at other people's reactions whether they indicate that it was something offensive.