• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The beta quadra

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's talking about quadra progression. Nothing to do with actual age other than as an analogy.
That's an outdated view. Quadra progression happens in both directions, since there are rings of benefit and supervision in which information is passed on both ways: One flow is Alpha-Beta-Gamma-Delta while the other flow is Delta-Gamma-Beta-Alpha. In fact, there is no "first" quadra or "last, most mature" quadra because these are rings. Rings have no beginning and no end. The information between the quadra gets passed on round and round these loops with no starting or ending point.

Deltas are like children in anything that has to do with ethics. The ethical element of Delta quadra (Fi) is joined together with a naive, infantile, exploratory element Ne. Where Delta is trying to pave a new way and explore new options and possibilities (Fi-Ne) looking at relationships with curious, naive eyes of a child, both Betas and Alphas are already like adults and grandparents - they are well-versed on these topics and know what works and what doesn't. In anything that concerns ethics, they are much more mature and effective than Delta.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Deltas are like children in anything that has to do with ethics. The ethical element of Delta quadra (Fi) is joined together with a naive, infantile, exploratory element Ne. Where Delta is trying to pave a new way and explore new options and possibilities (Fi-Ne) looking at relationships with curious, naive eyes of a child, both Betas and Alphas are already like adults and grandparents - they are well-versed on these topics and know what works and what doesn't. In anything that concerns ethics, they are much more mature and effective than Delta.

That sounds like some Fe-favoring bullshit if I ever heard any.

[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Ladies, I believe he just called you "immature children" and FJs and TPs "mature adults" when it comes to ethics...

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

[MENTION=5999]PeaceBaby[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]

Ladies, I believe he just called you "immature children" and FJs and TPs "mature adults" when it comes to ethics...
I'm quoting just to test if your psychic powers antecipated that.

:doge:

Alea_iacta_est

[Devil's Advocate inbound]

The only savable members of the Beta Quadra are the ISTj and the ESTp-Ti. The rest are beyond hope.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

You rang? I always seem to type IEI in socionics, no can help. In fact, I've wanted to start a thread about that. :thinking:

Starry

centurion-756180l-imagine.png

WHAT did sulfit say????!!!!

okay actually I don't know what a Delta is really...is that what I am?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You rang? I always seem to type IEI in socionics, no can help. In fact, I've wanted to start a thread about that. :thinking:

Yeah, that's just cuz Socionics is retarded.

They make Fi dominants sound super "Jish" and Ni dominants sound super "Pish".

So you're testing as the Pish-sounding INF (and thus INFp/IEI).

You're supposed to be an INFj/EII (FiNe just the same).

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
centurion-756180l-imagine.png

WHAT did sulfit say????!!!!

Hehehe... perfect.

:evilgenius:

okay actually I don't know what a Delta is really...is that what I am?

Yes, you're a delta.

Deltas are just STJs and NFPs.

Betas are just STPs and NFJs.

Gammas are just NTJs and SFPs.

Alphas are just NTPs and SFJs.

Because some nitwits can't think, they don't realize this.

Starry

Hehehe... perfect.

:evilgenius:

Yes, you're a delta.

Deltas are just STJs and NFPs.

Betas are just STPs and NFJs.

Gammas are just NTJs and SFPs.

Alphas are just NTPs and SFJs.

Because some nitwits can't think, they don't realize this.

When I read what sulfit wrote I may have under-reacted (although sorry about the impaled person in the background? omg I didn't see that until you quoted whoops ha)... Where are all the ESTJ 8s when you need them to defend your quadra you know nothing of!

Well, Pisces may have lessons to learn from Aries in the zodiac progression ... but Aries is still the baby of the zodiac.

Starry

Well, Pisces may have lessons to learn from Aries in the zodiac progression ... but Aries is still the baby of the zodiac.

Great. I've got strong Aries/Taurus influences in my chart as well. Totally making my user title "Infantile Member"

Is this a bad time to mention I (also) test as IEI?

Great. I've got strong Aries/Taurus influences in my chart as well. Totally making my user title "Infantile Member"

Is this a bad time to mention I (also) test as IEI?

You don't strike me as infantile at all, actually. Playful, yes; childish, no.

Starry

You don't strike me as infantile at all, actually. Playful, yes; childish, no.

excellent. My fake internet personality is working!

Tests shmests.

Are you NeFi or not?

I'm an ENFP...my only thing is that I do score equally in Ni <-this is why I believe I'm so strongly 6 and counterphobic. So my results generally look like Ne>Ni>Fi. I don't think I could Fe anything though even if I tried... I don't know if this alters anything in socionics or this quadra mysticism...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I'm an ENFP...my only thing is that I do score equally in Ni <-this is why I believe I'm so strongly 6 and counterphobic. So my results generally look like Ne>Ni>Fi. I don't think I could Fe anything though even if I tried... I don't know if this alters anything in socionics or this quadra mysticism...

It might just further up the possibility that you would test as INFp (NiFe) in Socionics.

Cognitive functions in one system ought to be the same as cognitive functions in the other (regardless of what the fools say).

The quadras just group the 4 types that have the same "normal" functions in MBTI.

Iow, both the introverted and extroverted types that share the same last three letters.

And then those two types' anima/animus (so the NFPs and the STJs, or the NTJs and the SFPs, etc).

All of Socionics' major elements make tons of sense MBTI-wise, as long as you accept that the cognitive functions of an individual should be the same in both systems.

If you throw that assumption out the window, then it just becomes a giant stupid clusterfuck with no compatibility whatsoever.

Does it make more sense that one would be use Ne and Fi as one's top two functions in both systems?

Or Ne and Fi in one system, and Ni and Fe in the other system?

Even though both systems are derived from Jung?

Ignore tests. Ignore dichotomies. Ignore type descriptions.

Focus on the functions, and all the dumb, unnecessary complications go away.

Starry

It might just further up the possibility that you would test as INFp (NiFe) in Socionics.

Cognitive functions in one system ought to be the same as cognitive functions in the other (regardless of what the fools say).

The quadras just group the 4 types that have the same "normal" functions in MBTI.

Iow, both the introverted and extroverted types that share the same last three letters.

And then those two types' anima/animus (so the NFPs and the STJs, or the NTJs and the SFPs, etc).

All of Socionics' major elements make tons of sense MBTI-wise, as long as you accept that the cognitive functions of an individual should be the same in both systems.

If you throw that assumption out the window, then it just becomes a giant stupid clusterfuck with no compatibility whatsoever.

Does it make more sense that one would be use Ne and Fi as one's top two functions in both systems?

Or Ne and Fi in one system, and Ni and Fe in the other system?

Even though both systems are derived from Jung?

Ignore tests. Ignore dichotomies. Ignore type descriptions.

Focus on the functions, and all the dumb, unnecessary complications go away.

I agree with this very much.

LittleV

Just a note...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
The cognitive functions should be the same because both systems are deriving them from the same person, Jung. But when defining oneself using a system, one would have to go by its rules... or else it wouldn't be applicable. Think of it as two people possibly being inspired by Jung and filling in all the blanks themselves (there will be error). Jung wasn't perfect either; many others were/are trying to find different ways to define/measure the same things. Hence, academic battles happen all the time, even (or particularly) when people are discussing the same mechanisms. For instance, Extraversion in the Big Five doesn't necessarily equate to Extraversion in the MBTI; however, they should if we could all agree on one system. But personality is also the expression of genes... so circumstances and intentional activity also matters.

Additionally, regardless of what you are measuring... there will exist a continuum. There is just too much support for trait theory... and it's consistent with the core elements of science.