User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 265

Thread: The beta quadra

  1. #71
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post


    WHAT did sulfit say????!!!!
    Hehehe... perfect.



    okay actually I don't know what a Delta is really...is that what I am?
    Yes, you're a delta.

    Deltas are just STJs and NFPs.

    Betas are just STPs and NFJs.

    Gammas are just NTJs and SFPs.

    Alphas are just NTPs and SFJs.

    Because some nitwits can't think, they don't realize this.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  2. #72
    Knows your not ENFP Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Hehehe... perfect.





    Yes, you're a delta.

    Deltas are just STJs and NFPs.

    Betas are just STPs and NFJs.

    Gammas are just NTJs and SFPs.

    Alphas are just NTPs and SFJs.

    Because some nitwits can't think, they don't realize this.

    When I read what sulfit wrote I may have under-reacted (although sorry about the impaled person in the background? omg I didn't see that until you quoted whoops ha)... Where are all the ESTJ 8s when you need them to defend your quadra you know nothing of!

  3. #73
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Well, Pisces may have lessons to learn from Aries in the zodiac progression ... but Aries is still the baby of the zodiac.

  4. #74
    Knows your not ENFP Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Well, Pisces may have lessons to learn from Aries in the zodiac progression ... but Aries is still the baby of the zodiac.
    Great. I've got strong Aries/Taurus influences in my chart as well. Totally making my user title "Infantile Member"

    Is this a bad time to mention I (also) test as IEI?

  5. #75
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Great. I've got strong Aries/Taurus influences in my chart as well. Totally making my user title "Infantile Member"

    Is this a bad time to mention I (also) test as IEI?
    You don't strike me as infantile at all, actually. Playful, yes; childish, no.

  6. #76
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    Is this a bad time to mention I (also) test as IEI?
    Tests shmests.

    Are you NeFi or not?
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  7. #77
    Knows your not ENFP Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    You don't strike me as infantile at all, actually. Playful, yes; childish, no.
    excellent. My fake internet personality is working!


    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Tests shmests.

    Are you NeFi or not?

    I'm an ENFP...my only thing is that I do score equally in Ni <-this is why I believe I'm so strongly 6 and counterphobic. So my results generally look like Ne>Ni>Fi. I don't think I could Fe anything though even if I tried... I don't know if this alters anything in socionics or this quadra mysticism...

  8. #78
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    I'm an ENFP...my only thing is that I do score equally in Ni <-this is why I believe I'm so strongly 6 and counterphobic. So my results generally look like Ne>Ni>Fi. I don't think I could Fe anything though even if I tried... I don't know if this alters anything in socionics or this quadra mysticism...
    It might just further up the possibility that you would test as INFp (NiFe) in Socionics.

    Cognitive functions in one system ought to be the same as cognitive functions in the other (regardless of what the fools say).

    The quadras just group the 4 types that have the same "normal" functions in MBTI.

    Iow, both the introverted and extroverted types that share the same last three letters.

    And then those two types' anima/animus (so the NFPs and the STJs, or the NTJs and the SFPs, etc).

    All of Socionics' major elements make tons of sense MBTI-wise, as long as you accept that the cognitive functions of an individual should be the same in both systems.

    If you throw that assumption out the window, then it just becomes a giant stupid clusterfuck with no compatibility whatsoever.

    Does it make more sense that one would be use Ne and Fi as one's top two functions in both systems?

    Or Ne and Fi in one system, and Ni and Fe in the other system?

    Even though both systems are derived from Jung?

    Ignore tests. Ignore dichotomies. Ignore type descriptions.

    Focus on the functions, and all the dumb, unnecessary complications go away.
    The Justice Fighter

    INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

    The Aggressive 6
    Debator


  9. #79
    Knows your not ENFP Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It might just further up the possibility that you would test as INFp (NiFe) in Socionics.

    Cognitive functions in one system ought to be the same as cognitive functions in the other (regardless of what the fools say).

    The quadras just group the 4 types that have the same "normal" functions in MBTI.

    Iow, both the introverted and extroverted types that share the same last three letters.

    And then those two types' anima/animus (so the NFPs and the STJs, or the NTJs and the SFPs, etc).

    All of Socionics' major elements make tons of sense MBTI-wise, as long as you accept that the cognitive functions of an individual should be the same in both systems.

    If you throw that assumption out the window, then it just becomes a giant stupid clusterfuck with no compatibility whatsoever.

    Does it make more sense that one would be use Ne and Fi as one's top two functions in both systems?

    Or Ne and Fi in one system, and Ni and Fe in the other system?

    Even though both systems are derived from Jung?

    Ignore tests. Ignore dichotomies. Ignore type descriptions.

    Focus on the functions, and all the dumb, unnecessary complications go away.


    I agree with this very much.

  10. #80
    Just a note... LittleV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    276

    Default

    The cognitive functions should be the same because both systems are deriving them from the same person, Jung. But when defining oneself using a system, one would have to go by its rules... or else it wouldn't be applicable. Think of it as two people possibly being inspired by Jung and filling in all the blanks themselves (there will be error). Jung wasn't perfect either; many others were/are trying to find different ways to define/measure the same things. Hence, academic battles happen all the time, even (or particularly) when people are discussing the same mechanisms. For instance, Extraversion in the Big Five doesn't necessarily equate to Extraversion in the MBTI; however, they should if we could all agree on one system. But personality is also the expression of genes... so circumstances and intentional activity also matters.

    Additionally, regardless of what you are measuring... there will exist a continuum. There is just too much support for trait theory... and it's consistent with the core elements of science.

Similar Threads

  1. Beta Quadra Video Examples
    By Stansmith in forum Socionics
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 05:36 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-10-2014, 11:42 AM
  3. Can anyone distinguish the Alpha Beta Gamma Delta archetypes for me...
    By Zangetshumody in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM
  4. The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta
    By Speed Gavroche in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO