• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The area of confidence socionics test

Found this on the 16types forum and figured it was worth a repost here.

The area of confidence typology test.

STEP 1: pick which one of these four groups that descibes you the BEST.

Group A

I am unconfident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am unconfident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am confident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am confident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group B

I am confident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am unconfident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am confident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am unconfident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group C

I am unconfident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am confident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am unconfident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am confident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

Group D

I am confident in how people feel towards me, how to deal with people in a tactful manner and how to be empathetic towards them.

I am confident in the things I believe in, whether or not I make the right "connections", forcing others to believe in what I do and planning for my future.

I am unconfident in how to keep myself healthy, what makes me feel good, and how to adjust and take care of my own being.

I am unconfident in making logical decisions, seperating from my emotions and other people's needs while thinking, and understanding mechanical (non-human) things.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 2: pick which group of words fits you BEST.

1: orderly, clear-minded, obeying rules and structure, thinks rationally and sequentially, relativly stable, gathering many, open, interested in the outside world, planning, active, doer.

2: disorganized, adaptive, creating rules and structure, irrational, actions depend on mood, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective.

3: orderly, clear-minded, obeying rules and structure, thinks rationally and sequentially, realtivly stable, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective.

4: disorganized, adaptive, creating rules and structure, irrational, actions depend on mood, gathering many, open, interested in the outside world, multi-tasking, active, doer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you picked...

A-1: Logical-sensory Extratim (TeSi)
A-2: Sensory-logical Intratim (SiTe)
A-3: Logical-sensory Intratim (TiSe)
A-4: Sensory-logical Extratim (SeTi)
B-1: Ethical-sensory Extratim (FeSi)
B-2: Sensory-ethical Intratim (SiFe)
B-3: Ethical-Sensory Intratim (FiSe)
B-4: Sensory-ethical Extratim (SeFi)
C-1: Logical-intuitive Extratim (TeNi)
C-2: Intuitive-logical Intratim (NiTe)
C-3: Logical-intuitive Intratim (TiNe)
C-4: Intuitive-logical Extratim (NeTi)
D-1: Ethical-intuitive Extratim (FeNi)
D-2: Intuitive-ethical Intratim (NiFe)
D-3: Ethical-intuitive Intratim (FiNe)
D-4: Intuitive-ethical Extratim (NeFi)

G

garbage

1 followed by 4; but C and D both describe me pretty well. JeNi > NeJi, then, which are among my typical results.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Interesting test...

I was a bit surprised, but I did indeed get NiTe.

L

LadyLazarus

Weird...pretty far off from ESI.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Showing, once again, as I have said all along, that the only reason some introverts get the wrong Socionics type, relative to their MBTI type, is because Socionics considers the dominant function as the determining factor in whether someone is "Jish" ("orderly, structured, stable") or "Pish" ("disorganized, adaptive, depends on mood"), whereas MBTI considers the first extroverted function as the determining factor on this matter.

2: disorganized, adaptive, creating rules and structure, irrational, actions depend on mood, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective. <--- you chose this, which is how MBTI describes Ps, and Socionics describes ps

3: orderly, clear-minded, obeying rules and structure, thinks rationally and sequentially, realtivly stable, deep, concentrated, closed-off, thoughtful, reflective. <--- this is what would have gotten you INFj (FiNe), which aligns with your proper cognitive functions (if you are indeed an INFP in MBTI), if you believed in Socionic's notion that being Fi-dominant causes you to have Jish qualities

Notice: the bolded is the only part that's different, and it all pertains to Jish vs Pish qualities.

Now, people can have their opinion on whether being FiNe causes you to be Jish or Pish and NiFe causes you to be Jish or Pish -- frankly, I think it's somewhere in the middle (i.e., that the introverts might be either one, or kinda both, just one way in certain ways, but the other way in other ways) -- but there is no questioning that this test shows exactly what I have been saying all along: that one should have the same cognitive functions in both systems, but one system simply emphasizes Jish qualities for individuals whose dominant function is a Judging function and Pish qualities for individuals whose dominant function is a Perceiving function (Socionics), while the other emphasizes Jish qualities for individuals whose first extroverted function is a judging function and Pish qualities for individuals whose first extroverted function is a Perceiving function (MBTI).

There is no debate. This is fact.

[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] [MENTION=20044]calb[/MENTION] [MENTION=5627]BlackCat[/MENTION]

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
D-2 IEI
I'm surprised it was right :shrug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not right.

If you're an INFP, it should've been D-3 EII.

Once again, tho, same thing I wrote about Planetary Walker above.

:shrug: it's a made up system there isn't really any wrong or right. i'm not very into socionics but everything i've read about IEI fits me better than EII.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
D-2 and D-4 equally, depending on my mood. Im not much of a doer though, and I live atm like a hermit, but I do have a need to multitask and seek out others, followed by deep reflection. = IEx

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
:shrug: it's a made up system there isn't really any wrong or right.

It's not simply made up if Jung's cognitive functions are actually pointing to something real.

Then it would be, at least in part, discovered, not simply created.

i'm not very into socionics...

And, as such, don't really have much authority when opining about it.

...but everything i've read about IEI fits me better than EII.

And, if you read (and were able to understand) my post above, you'd understand why that is.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not simply made up if Jung's cognitive functions are actually pointing to something real.

Then it would be, at least in part, discovered, not simply created.

And, as such, don't really have much authority when opining about it.

And, if you read (and were able to understand) my post above, you'd understand why that is.

so deliciously condescending :rofl1:

my point is, i get no benefit from identifying as a type that i don't relate to. i've read both arguments, that the J and P are switched or that MBTI and socionics functions don't necessarily correlate. i agree with the latter, you don't. :encore:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
so deliciously condescending

Just giving it back as it's always served.

Only difference is mine is justified.

my point is, i get no benefit from identifying as a type that i don't relate to.

Which speaks largely to the problem inherent in Socionics (i.e., associating Jish qualities with having a dominant Judging function).

As well, at least in part, to your intellectual understanding of the systems and how they relate.

i've read both arguments, that the J and P are switched or that MBTI and socionics functions don't necessarily correlate.

Yes, and I'm sure you could give a masterful account of it all, very detailed and thorough.

i agree with the latter, you don't.

Yes, but you're wrong, and I'm right.

atlascatcher

MBTI Type
NiFe
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
D-2 (IEI). I would like to think of myself as fairly organized, though. :doh:

Also Chana it's not too surprising you identify with IEI over EII in Socionics (at least in terms of the type descriptions over the functions); seems like a lot of E4s go that way in my experience.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
C-2: Intuitive-logical Intratim (NiTe)

Hm.