• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The area of confidence socionics test

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, it bears repeating that socionics in its most well known form was developed by an ENTp, whose vulnerable function is Fi (followed by Se). So it's not all that surprising that the descriptions of those functions specifically are a little off.

They aren't all crap though, I would say. A lot of socionics Fi makes sense to me and doesn't feel like Fe, to be honest. A large part of my people skills lies in knowing how I feel about people, having a decent idea of how they feel about me and the confidence (if not necessarily the inclination) that I can manipulate the strength of the bond, either to bring them closer to me or push them away (I'm not discounting their own role in it by any means or saying it's always predictable, but I'm confident of being able to control things from my end).

It's not an awareness of the other person in and of themselves but an idea of the relationship with that person, which is largely wrought by me and therefore more internal.

Regarding EII and the "ISFJ doormat" thing, yeah, I think it's way overstated (especially in the Wikisocion descriptions) but I do think that a lot INFPs have a kind of unconscious urge towards comfort and nostalgia and tend to mirror behaviours they like and want to show love in the ways they appreciate. So there's a bit of an anxious people pleaser element in them, which likes to attend to people's physical comfort but isn't necessarily so great at it (or as great as a real ISFJ would be).

Not saying this is true of all INFPs or of you in particular but I've noticed the tendency in quite a few.

The italic is more e9 than Fi, IMO. I note that in e9s, regardless of Jungian type.

I'm not nostalgic much at all either and don't really see it in any INFPs I've known, including e9s. I think it's a poor grasp of what tertiary Si looks like in an INxP. I just don't see it at all that way.

The bolded is only something I can dream of. That's one of my biggest struggles in life. I struggle to clearly see how people feel about me. I seem to project dislike/criticism &/or naively feel liked when actually being manipulated - which reminds me of inferior Te as described by Jung for Fi-dom. I waffle between extremes in trying to gauge this. I certainly focus on it, but I am very uncertain.

I don't know how to manipulate bonds either. I generally feel at the mercy of someone else. I can mimic certain social formulas, but then I get frustrated when it doesn't work like it "should". I have that "missed the memo" feeling in this area.

The italic is more e9 than Fi, IMO. I note that in e9s, regardless of Jungian type.

I'm not nostalgic much at all either and don't really see it in any INFPs I've known, including e9s. I think it's a poor grasp of what tertiary Si looks like in an INxP. I just don't see it at all that way.

The bolded is only something I can dream of. That's one of my biggest struggles in life. I struggle to clearly see how people feel about me. I seem to project dislike/criticism &/or naively feel liked when actually being manipulated - which reminds me of inferior Te as described by Jung for Fi-dom. I waffle between extremes in trying to gauge this. I certainly focus on it, but I am very uncertain.

I don't know how to manipulate bonds either. I generally feel at the mercy of someone else. I can mimic certain social formulas, but then I get frustrated when it doesn't work like it "should". I have that "missed the memo" feeling in this area.

When I say "manipulation", I don't really mean I have amazing mental superpowers that I can use to attract or repel people at will. It's more that I have relatively good people instincts and have found that the way I feel about people is typically quite similar to the way they feel about me and also that I can project the way I feel to control the nature of the relationship to some extent. Like, if I get bad vibes from someone and don't like them, there's a good chance that it's probably because they don't like me either. So when I choose not to censor that dislike, they get the message that I don't care for them and go away.

Might be an overdeveloped sense of self-preservation/suspicion, might be socionics Fi, who knows.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There is no debate. This is fact.

Not arguing, but I do get C2 > C4 :alttongue:

I'm willing to bet [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] will say D2 > D4

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not arguing, but I do get C2 > C4 :alttongue:

I'm willing to bet [MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION] will say D2 > D4

Nope. In this test, they truly are the same for me. It's like my 4 double wing-thing.

And hey, with my recent rash of getting typed ENFJ, it just becomes more fun to do the double thing :D

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nope. In this test, they truly are the same for me. It's like my 4 double wing-thing.

And hey, with my recent rash of getting typed ENFJ, it just becomes more fun to do the double thing :D

You just like being a Pteranodon, trying to derail socionics. Socionics caters for the different modes that you can be in.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I know very little about socionics, so I don't get how to score this test. Plus every single one is different. I give up

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I still don't think I did this right, but I'm either EII or LII and what do I do with the list? I'm sorry this making me feel extremely dumb

I read both descriptions it doesn't seem right for either one

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You just like being a Pteranodon, trying to derail socionics. Socionics caters for the different modes that you can be in.

I honestly am not trying to be difficult. But hey, if it makes people more comfortable, I'll be IEE and 4w3...and apparently Fe-dom :shrug:

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly am not trying to be difficult. But hey, if it makes people more comfortable, I'll be IEE and 4w3...and apparently Fe-dom :shrug:

Noooooooo :doh:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
B-3

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Group B was easy for me to identify.

Difficult for me to choose between 2 and 3, as parts of both describe me.

V

violaine

I got TeNi. I didn't find the descriptions leapt out at me, so picked best fit.

Interesting test. Will have to research my result more when I have time.

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, dichotomies and functions aren't as separate as you seem to suggest. In this test, the first question measures the dichotomies in terms of F/T and N/S, and the second the orientation of those dichotomies.

Studies on MBTI do seem to suggest they are not the same thing. I didn't just randomly pull this idea from my ass. I wouldn't think this works out any better for Socionics than for MBTI.

The second question in this test checks for the temperaments only: Ej, Ip, Ij, Ep.

So it does not test for function orientations.

You clearly didn't understand my post, and don't know what you're talking about.

I understood your post just fine; and if you are incapable of responding to my points that shows it's actually you who doesn't know what they're talking about. :doh:

Studies on MBTI do seem to suggest they are not the same thing. I didn't just randomly pull this idea from my ass. I wouldn't think this works out any better for Socionics than for MBTI.

The second question in this test checks for the temperaments only: Ej, Ip, Ij, Ep.

So it does not test for function orientations.
Ep = Pe dom, Ej = Je dom, Ip = Pi dom and Ij = Ji dom. And the first question tests for preferred N/S and F/T. And put together, those two questions suggest functions.

It's not that eccentric. I'm not saying the test directly looks for functions but dichotomies + temperaments and functions aren't completely unrelated.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I understood your post just fine...

No, you clearly didn't.

Your "response" was a bunch of irrelevant, poorly written tripe that showed you have a very weak handle on typology.

...and if you are incapable of responding to my points that shows it's actually you who doesn't know what they're talking about. :doh:

Try actually slinging together a few sentences that wouldn't get you a D on a 4th grade English test, and maybe I'll respond.

When the few sentences you do offer are an utter incoherent mess, it usually means your thoughts are as well.

And what senza said to you above is accurate; you, once again, are misguided.

Notice how the test even puts the function combinations in the results?

It's cuz the functions are implied by the answers to the test.

http://m.dictionary.com/definition/implied