• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics: Examples of INFj/EII Type

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Last edited:

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hmmm... maybe I'm not EII...

I just don't get socionics!

S

Stansmith

Some myers-briggs types seem to be split among multiple Socionics types, as opposed to having one directly correlated type; for example, SEI, ESI and SLI for ISFP; SEE, IEE and ESE for ESFP; IEE and EIE for ENFP, etc.

In the case of (myers-briggs) INFJs, I've seen them typed as IEI, EII, and even EIE in some cases.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The problem is I don't identify with that either. From all the descriptions I identify most with EII, but still it's far from a good fit.
My examples were all of Ne-INFjs. I've dated a girl like the women in these videos before and I'm confident of her and them being intuitive "Dostoevsky" in Socionics (she was INFP in MBTI). The ethical subtype of INFj sounds different from descriptions. I haven't posted any examples of it not being confident that I've spotted them before. If you don't identify with the videos it could be that your subtype is different, Fi-INFj, or may be you did get your type wrong. Many MBTI INFJs become INFps in Socionics.

Hmmm... maybe I'm not EII...

I just don't get socionics!
Socionics is very similar to MBTI, but the criteria for figuring out your type is more specific. If you only read type desriptions, you will see yourself in several of them and won't be able to pick one out. A better way to approach it is to read through definitions of information elements and think about which elements you associate with and see in your own thinking. This will make it clearer to you which elements you value, and from there you can figure out your type. You can also read through these type discussions.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
[MENTION=10791]sulfit[/MENTION] Thanks! The information elements page and the stickied post was really helpful. I still identify with socionics Ne and Fi the most. Maybe Fi-INFj is the closest so far. I'll base my research on that and see how it goes!

yeghor

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=10791" target="_blank">sulfit</a> Thanks! The information elements page and the stickied post was really helpful. I still identify with socionics Ne and Fi the most. Maybe Fi-INFj is the closest so far. I'll base my research on that and see how it goes!

Don't know if you are still around... I identify more with EII INFj too...

People, could you please check this video and speculate on their mbti type as we'll as socionics type?

Edit: Corrected video

Last edited:

Geonat

People, could you please check this video and speculate on their mbti type as we'll as socionics type?

Identified with the INFJ (IEI) in so many aspects (and fell in love by that smile).
Note that at 7:35 she says that "Yeah, and I basically abhor extroverted sensing in other people" but it didn't come from the heart - it rather sounded rehearsed, like something she was supposed to mention.

From another thread (sorry I don't know how to do this technically):

Conduct all the polls:

For those who score INFj as an INFJ, on a scale of 1 to 5 (please use as much self-awareness as possible, introspect like hell for accuracy, 5 being extremely accurate), how much do you relate to this?

Inferiority complex surrounding asserting oneself or asserting ones' dominance over others. The individual extremely dislikes overly aggressive people but cannot voice any opinion concerning aggressive people due to fear of being a new target for others' assertive nature. Fears being criticized for lack of self-assertion, as this is perceived as one's main flaw as an individual, aggressive, domineering nature seen as somewhat evil and patronizing (yet also somewhat perceived as admirable with a twinge of envy). Intolerant of conflict, disliking to take place in any conflict due not because it disturbs the peace but because one cannot take a strong stance against another without ultimately losing somehow. Wants badly to self-assert themselves, but any attempts at doing so ultimately fail, always.

Sorry to butt in again, but I would like to share that the inferiority complex description describes Se PoLR in Socionics.

If you ranked it less than a 3, you probably aren't an INFj but test as one through Socionics's dichotomies. (Se PoLR is for INxjs)

If you ranked it above 3, you probably are an INFj and do identify with Se PoLR.

Also, theoretically, MBTI INFJs should be INFps in Socionics due to a variety of factors, such as the fact that Se is not a blindspot nor loathed (as seen in Se PoLR) for neither the INFJ nor the INFp. The inferior function of the INFJ and the Suggestive Function of the INFp is cherished, in a way, something that is wanted (anima/animus for JCF, dual for Socionics) to complete the self due to the inferior function's empowerment of the dominant function when used wisely and positively.

Now, I ranked it 4 or 5, am certain that I'm an INFJ but also identify a little bit better with the INFj than the INFp description:

Your Sociotype: EII-1Ne (INFj)

Brief Description of the EII

Using introverted feeling as her base function and extroverted intuition as her creative, the EII is adept at understanding people's internal drive and motivation. She often acts reserved, respectful, and polite around others she does not know well but will eventually open up more. She implicitly trusts her intuition when judging someone, and this intuition serves her well at grasping more abstract concepts. EIIs need to constantly set new goals for themselves and they care deeply about meeting these goals. However it should be noted that these goals are very personal, and she places less weight on the conventional achievements that society values, so often any correlation is largely coincidental. At her best, the EII is known for respecting other people's beliefs and values while also being an overachiever at school and work; at her worst, the EII's compassion and empathy can cause her undue harm when the people she cares about are suffering. Overall, the EII cares about diligence, meeting one's individuals goals, and respecting others; she distates behavior that is overtly loud, abrasive, or aggressive.

Note the last sentence. Now, is she an INFp (=IEI) or an INFj (EII)? Because whatever she is, I am.
The only simple way I can reconcile this without having to accept the for the moment unacceptable notion of being both INFJ and INFj, is that I answered "wrong" or "didn't introspect as hell" when answering the inferiority question above.

My brain hurts.

Edit: This reminds me of non-orthogonal bases. The different independent dimensions haven't been properly distangled by the chosen basis. They might not even span the space sufficiently. Perhaps Big five is better. But it is so boring and sterile and doesn't explain "how", just "that". MBTI at least has some structure to follow. Of course next step is to correlate this to physics, that hopefully will answer the third question, "why" on a fundamental level. Something for the end of next century perhaps.

Last edited:

yeghor

Note the last sentence. Now, is she an INFp (=IEI) or an INFj (EII)? Because whatever she is, I am.
The only simple way I can reconcile this without having to accept the for the moment unacceptable notion of being both INFJ and INFj, is that I answered "wrong" or "didn't introspect as hell" when answering the inferiority question above.

My brain hurts.

I got EII (INFj) in socionics too... The thing is I can identify with the guy more... The lady may perhaps be ENFJ, she feels too lively\energetic to be an INFJ...or an introvert...

Contrary to popular belief, I believe that socionics INFj (EII) = MBTI INFJ... What I am wondering is whether these two used socionics to identify their types and then just swapped the last letter to find their MBTI type or the other way around..

If they used socionics I think the guy on the left is MBTI INFJ whereas the lady is misidentified as MBTI INFP, which should've been MBTI ENFJ...

I'll reproduce your enneagram results here:

I think you 3 type brings in Fe-dom and 1 and 2 types bring in Ni-aux... Your tritype is 3w2 1w2 9w8 = Fe Ni Si or Se perhaps which makes ENFJ...

Please check EIE description as well...also the detailed description linked therein... Does it sound right?

Geonat

I got EII (INFj) in socionics too... The thing is I can identify with the guy more... The lady may perhaps be ENFJ, she feels too lively\energetic to be an INFJ...or an introvert...

Contrary to popular belief, I believe that socionics INFj (EII) = MBTI INFJ... What I am wondering is whether these two used socionics to identify their types and then just swapped the last letter to find their MBTI type or the other way around..

If they used socionics I think the guy on the left is MBTI INFJ whereas the lady is misidentified as MBTI INFP, which should've been MBTI ENFJ...

I think you 3 type brings in Fe-dom and 1 and 2 types bring in Ni-aux... Your tritype is 3w2 1w2 9w8 = Fe Ni Si or Se perhaps which makes ENFJ...

Please check EIE description as well...also the detailed description linked therein... Does it sound right?

Thank you Yeghor - you may be right, I don't know - INFJ=INFj would spontaneously also make sense. I just did what many others probably do - switch from j to p for introverts and then change to capitals to get to MBTI (to keep me from having to think).
Will certainly have a look at ENFJ too, perhaps they want to be INTPs as well (that's what I tested for the very first times taking MBTI tests - c.f. at about 35:00).

Geonat

I've read about EIE but no, that didn't resonate at all, whereas this is spot on:

INFJs apparently may come off as introverts;
http://typelogic.com/infj.html (a few pgdn-clicks, second paragraph under header "Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging")

And I wouldn't get stuck on my typing as an E3, since many life-changing processes are going on right now. But I'll have all look at that 3w2 1w2 9w8 - perhaps it's just a cyclic permutation that errs.

Edit: No, 9w1 - 3 - 6, possibly but not equally likely, 6 - 9w1 -3. Perhaps with some ornamentations - don't know yet.

so/sx/sp since a few months back. Slightly lonely.

Geonat

And at 0:55 when she's smoking and being flirtatious with her hair and all, and at 8:00... well, sorry, but I associate with all sorts of things :) Anyway, this must be anima Se - wouldn't you say?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Morgan Freeman - INFj - at first impression he has a soft, scattered intellectual look

Delta relations

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/10791.html" target="_blank">sulfit</a>, can you give some EII-Fi examples?
Gwyneth Paltrow - EII-Fi

Loreena McKennitt - EII-Fi