• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to figure out your Socionics type

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Due to the number of inquiries about Socionics typings, I've compiled this brief guide for finding your sociotype.

Brief intro: Socionics is a typology that has same origins as MBTI, but unlike MBTI it offers an extensive study of relationships between different types (Wikisocion, 16types), which is one of the incentives that many take an interest in studying it after they study MBTI. The typing criteria and methods in Socionics are also much more precise and stringent than those of MBTI, which has been of help to those who have experienced much difficulty and uncertainty settling on a type. Additionally, Socionics explores topics that go beyond the domain of MBTI, such as the social roles of types and their effect on the historical progress and evolution of nations and cultures; however, these are more advanced topics that those who study socionics get into later in their studies. Many people have commented that they've found Socionics useful for expanding their understanding of MBTI and typology in general.

How to find your socionics type, a brief guide:

1. Take a couple of socionics tests and write down your results. The more the tests overlap - the more likely that it is your main type or a closely related type. You can find a list of tests in this discussion thread: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...3303-socionics-tests-find-your-sociotype.html

2. Fill out one of these questionnaires to receive feedback on your possible types. You will need to be registered to view them. Make sure that you save the questions as you're filling them out, such that if you browser crashes you don't lose your replies. You can post your answers across several socionics forums and facebook groups to get more feedback about your type, bonus points for including a few photos and/or a video.

3. Read through all type descriptions and mark down those which describe you most accurately: Socionics Types

4. If you are into visual component of typing, check your photographs and videos for visual signs of different dichotomies. Not everyone believes that type can be estimated visually, but it has worked well for some (about 25% of people report using the aid of visual cues to support their typing opinions):
Filatova's portraits,
Gulenko's distance typing,
Socionix gallery,
and other materials.

Last edited by a moderator:

louiesgonnadie

undergoing self-analysis
Early vote for sticky.

PS - I don't know shit about socionics. I'd like to get into it, if only I wasn't so lazy.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are you sure that link is correct?
It's correct. When I click on that link it shows a member questionnaire to fill out, then you can get feedback on your type.

Last edited:

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
It's correct. When I click on that link it shows this:

"member questionnaire" is the link to fill out, then you can get feedback on your type

oh I suppose I would need to register&login to see that then

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh I suppose I would need to register&login to see that then
yes you will have, but it takes about 1 minute to register after which you can fill out and post your questionnaire

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
yes you will have, but it takes about 1 minute to register after which you can fill out and post your questionnaire

so on this site (typologycentral) nobody deals with that? just curious

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
so on this site (typologycentral) nobody deals with that? just curious
much fewer know anything about socionics types here, this site doesn't even have a forum dedicated to the subject unlike some other typology sites, but you can post the questionnaire here and see what kind of responses you get

wonders

MBTI Type
Ti
Enneagram
Id
much fewer know anything about socionics types here, this site doesn't even have a forum dedicated to the subject unlike some other typology sites, but you can post the questionnaire here and see what kind of responses you get

okay I've just done so :)

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
did you get any results on your socionics type?

PimpinMcBoltage

Enneagram
The best way to figure out your type (or place yourself into something) is simply to understand the system for yourself and then figure out from there. If you are blank, then you can get someone else to type you for you.

B

brainheart

Apparently I'm an IEI INFp despite being an INFP in the MBTI system. Could this be why in cognitive function tests my Fi and Ni are both high? Or is it just a totally different thing?

I'm a noob to socionics.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I did the questionnaire and ended up with a topic that now has 88 posts in it and is filled with the most incongruous typings imaginable: LSE (!), unspecified Ni-dom (ironic, considering that LSE has Ni PolR), ILI, LII, and LSI. The type that I'm most likely to be, given my life history, has barely even been mentioned as a possibility (that type is IEI).

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently I'm an IEI INFp despite being an INFP in the MBTI system. Could this be why in cognitive function tests my Fi and Ni are both high? Or is it just a totally different thing?

I'm a noob to socionics.
You can't really be both Fi and Ni dominant so something isn't right. Tests don't always give the right result, so the best way for you to figure this out is to figure out which IE definitions are most applicable to you:
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/73-Socionics-Information-Elements-Primer
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/193-Aspects-in-the-Valued-Functions-Dmitry-Golihov

B

brainheart

You can't really be both Fi and Ni dominant so something isn't right. Tests don't always give the right result, so the best way for you to figure this out is to figure out which IE definitions are most applicable to you:
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/73-Socionics-Information-Elements-Primer
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/193-Aspects-in-the-Valued-Functions-Dmitry-Golihov

I didn't take the test. I figured out which definition was most applicable to me. :shrug:

Edit- just read the ones you sent me and... they're weird.

I determined it from this: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

Honestly, though, I could see either INFp or INFj sort of working. Neither seems all that great at explaining me.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't take the test. I figured out which definition was most applicable to me. :shrug:

Edit- just read the ones you sent me and... they're weird.

I determined it from this: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/

Honestly, though, I could see either INFp or INFj sort of working. Neither seems all that great at explaining me.
Have you looked into any other types if these two don't quite fit?

B

brainheart

Have you looked into any other types if these two don't quite fit?

Well there's no question I'm an INFP in MBTI, which I guess theoretically makes me an INFj in socionics. Maybe there's just something about socionics that I don't like. I think the EII doesn't sound creative enough, sounds more 'harmonious relationships' oriented. Many INFP descriptions are like that too so it's probably irrelevant. I have a vivid mental landscape like the IEI and very much get that out in art as they say Ni does.

This isn't the first I've looked at socionics. It's just never resonated in the past so I tossed it aside. I thought I might as well check it out again. What's the point of socionics anyway?

B

brainheart

Fwiw, tested as an EII, IEE or IEI on test 1.

Test 2, tested as IEE, IEI or SEE.

Reading through descriptions the only ones that make any sense at all for me are EII or IEI.

S

Stansmith

I got ILI-Ni, which is gamma quadra, so it's somewhat close.