• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to figure out your Socionics type

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This isn't the first I've looked at socionics. It's just never resonated in the past so I tossed it aside. I thought I might as well check it out again. What's the point of socionics anyway?
I've covered a few points in the OP. Most people become interested in it because they find descriptions of intertype relations to match their real life experiences, and they want to gain a deeper understanding with what's going on in their family or with their significant others, their boss or co-worers. Once you know your type and understand the basics, then you get access to detailed relationship articles like this one.

Another interesting aspect is that socionics examines the societal impact of types. It doesn't treat them as separate and unrelated entities as does MBTI. From this come theories like quadra progression which attempt to explain what is happening on political scale in terms of jungian types and information aspects. This kinds of subject you won't learn from MBTI. The issue is that MBTI has been developed in the West as a corporate tool for career testing, while Socionics has been developed in the East as part of academic research and science. So they've discovered a number of interesting implications that MBTI never goes into, because MBTI is a simplified and dumbed down version Jung's typology created for corporate use.

I have a vivid mental landscape like the IEI and very much get that out in art as they say Ni does.
"Vivid mental landscape" doesn't really define the IEI type. Any type can be imaginative, just think about all the authors and artists and movie producers, living or decreased, who have been of other types besides INFx. If you type yourself relying on such stereotypes, then you may very well start to associate yourself with wrong types.

B

brainheart

"Vivid mental landscape" doesn't really define the IEI type. Any type can be imaginative, just think about all the authors and artists and movie producers, living or decreased, who have been of other types besides INFx. If you type yourself relying on such stereotypes, then you may very well start to associate yourself with wrong types.

I would not type myself on such a stereotype, but that is what the description said:

"IEIs typically have richly developed mental landscapes." - See more at: http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEI-INFp/http://#sthash.QbFGcRda.dpuf

If anything my typing myself based on the description was my pointing out the flaws in the description vs actually believing them. The description was the one being stereotypical, not me.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I seem to remember typing as IEI when I did a socionics test. Wish I'd saved the results to view later.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How is it I haven't noticed this thread before? It seems like what I was looking for. I got more into socionics and I wanted to collect more data about it so this seems really interesting!
The first test gave me these scores:

Your Sociotype: EII-1Fi (INFj)
Other Possible Types:
IEE (ENFp): 92% as likely as EII.
ESI (ISFj): 60% as likely as EII.
SEE (ESFp): 45% as likely as EII.
The second test gave me:
IEE
These types might also be considered
EIE
IEI
EII
The 3rd test gave me:
INFP(Yesenin) - 280
ISFP(Dumas) - 260
INTJ(Robespierre) - 250
I did fill a questionnaire in socionics forum and at first I was typed as INFp, then some of the members changed their mind and typed me as ENFj. It seems like none from this forum thought I am Ne+Fi, or Fi+Ne, but they thought I am Ni+Fe, or Fe+Ni. It brought me to some doubts, because I can very much relate to both INFp and ENFj, but for my MBTI type they don't make much sense...

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How is it I haven't noticed this thread before? It seems like what I was looking for. I got more into socionics and I wanted to collect more data about it so this seems really interesting!.
Socionics is great with analyzing relationships. At first glace it seems to have stricter type definitions, but at the same time it makes it easier to type yourself and others than with MBTI.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did fill a questionnaire in socionics forum and at first I was typed as INFp, then some of the members changed their mind and typed me as ENFj. It seems like none from this forum thought I am Ne+Fi, or Fi+Ne, but they thought I am Ni+Fe, or Fe+Ni. It brought me to some doubts, because I can very much relate to both INFp and ENFj, but for my MBTI type they don't make much sense...

The question is, why did you pick INFP for your MBTI type?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why this one out of the 16 types, then?

I asked because knowing the reason(s) can help with the socionics issue.

Oh, yes well...If I would be Ni+Fe that would mean I must be Je type, while I am sure I am very typical Pe and I don't see myself in any J characteristics so I doubrt there's a chance I would be NFJ. That's why I decided INFP. The 4 letter code fits me pretty well

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, yes well...If I would be Ni+Fe that would mean I must be Je type, while I am sure I am very typical Pe and I don't see myself in any J characteristics so I doubrt there's a chance I would be NFJ. That's why I decided INFP. The 4 letter code fits me pretty well

oh that, I don't think the correlation between J/P and being an introvert Je/Pe type works very reliably. So if you don't actually identify with FiNe, just INFP, you could very well be INFp in socionics too. Or not, that's again another correlation that's not 100% :) But apparently it works in your case...?

Alomoes

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah. I feel like a broken INFJ sometimes, but INFp INFP for me. It is weird, considering how they both use different functions, but I explain this by different definitions for the same things.

robowolf

MBTI Type
FREE
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not an expert so I don't know if this is accurate, but if it is it might help someone out so I'll just leave it here:

Detecting Socionic Types

wolfnara

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=10791]sulfit[/MENTION] is the16/info still active enough to get feedback for my socionics type?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I never ventured into Socionics and therefore I am wondering if anyone has a guess what I should be according my current typing ?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I never ventured into Socionics and therefore I am wondering if anyone has a guess what I should be according my current typing ?

A gamma NT, most likely.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think finding your type just based on type descriptions alone is misleading. The most important thing is to understand how the quadras work, how the functions are connected in each of them, what functions are valued and disvalued in each quadra etc... I believe that only full understanding of quadras can really help you to find your real type.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Supposedly if you're a specific type then that immediately makes you a certain sociotype. And I guess it makes sense, but idk.. some of this always just seems too clear cut if not ridged.

Anytime I take a socionics test I get confused. I've gotten INTp socionics twice now. But also ENTp once. Ugh

MisterNi

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The best way to type yourself isn't through tests where you pick something that seems like what you'd be like, those result in a lot of ambiguous results. The best test I've tried is a, answer questions, tally your results then quantify the degree to what your functional order is. I will create a thread highlighting one that works very well.