• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics- What is your quadra and why?

Which Quadra are you

• Total voters

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't claim to be a socionics expert but I'll take a stab at it.

Thanks ;)

Regarding this statement, it does sound gamma, particularly gamma NT.

Yeah, though to me the particular statement sounds more Te/Se than Ni, though sure, that's there too.

(Or, it could also be enneagram, right?)

Maintaining relationships = Fi, something gamma values. Helping to achieve goals through motivation/encouragement = Se.

I'm not sure about the caring about looks part of it. I've seen members of other quadras say this too.

Yeah that's what I meant, I didn't see it as particularly gamma :)

I suppose it depends on the motivation behind it. Do you want to look a certain way in order to achieve some sort of goal or make some sort of impact on the external world? Or do you do it more for personal or aesthetic reasons? I'd say the former sounds more gamma and Se valuing. The latter, less so and more Si valuing.

Mainly for the impact :) just like the statement put it, it's about standing out, looking good/better than many others, making an impact in these ways & I like to express my individuality. It's hard to explain how I decide that something - a piece of clothing or hair style, etc - fits me in a special way but when I hit on something good, I sure like the feeling that it's just for me. Sure I also like the aesthetic appeal. What exactly did you mean by "personal" and "aesthetic reasons" though, in a Si sense?

I don't think it's quite that simple. I don't know you well enough to pick a quadra for you but I think you have to go by more than just a couple of test questions. Really understand the functions and which ones you value in yourself and seek out in other people.

Well okay sure, I just really liked those statements :) I do realize that it can be something else, not socionics quadra values and that it's more complex than that anyway.

Yes, that does sound rather alpha. In spite of being in the alpha quadra, I couldn't agree with that. I'm like you, I take life way too seriously. I think that statement tends to be more true of alpha irrationals SEI or ILE than rational types, especially LII, who tend to be the most serious of the alphas.

In what way do you take life seriously? By that I mainly meant that I tend to be really involved in stuff. E.g. if I want something then I want something, I don't go around saying "ah nevermind" instead. Did you mean this or something else?

Now this is where we differ. I do care about comfort, particularly a comfortable atmosphere, which correlates to Si valuing. I do care about friends and family but I have to say I don't enjoy much the actual taking care of others part of it. I do it more out of sense of obligation or it's the right thing to do. I mostly just want my independence and be able to do as I please.

I relate to some of what you said: independence and doing as I please; also when I take care of a close friend or family member, the process itself is pretty boring, right. It's just my decision to do it anyway. Mostly because it makes them happy or because I decide the relationship itself is worth it, but I definitely can think of better ways to help someone or to contribute to the relationship :p

That thing about "comfortable atmosphere", we do differ there, true.

I don't know you well enough to pick a quadra for you (...) I don't know your type but you're probably in an Se valuing quadra and the not valuing comfort much would confirm that.

Thanks again! Btw about you not knowing me well enough.. I did make a thread on my socionics type, there I discussed these things in a much deeper way (the thread about beta vs gamma :))

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

á´…eparted

passages
Beta. There isn't even a question on this matter. I do relate to some elements of gamma too, but ultimately beta wins by a lot. I'm too loud, group oriented, directive, and have a tendancy to slip into an "us vs. them" mentality that I need to keep watch on to not be beta.

S

Stansmith

Yeah, Gamma/Delta. Although I don't see myself as a humanitarian, and I think I seek Ni and Te in others moreso than I do Si or Ne.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What exactly did you mean by "personal" and "aesthetic reasons" though, in a Si sense?

I meant you choose it because it looks good to you and it makes you feel good. You're not concerned about the impact it makes on others.

In what way do you take life seriously? By that I mainly meant that I tend to be really involved in stuff. E.g. if I want something then I want something, I don't go around saying "ah nevermind" instead. Did you mean this or something else?

I interpreted it as, you only get one shot at life so make the most of it. Know yourself and what you want or don't want. Go for it, don't just wait for things to come to you. Make a meaningful contribution to society so that when you die, you'll be remembered in a good way.

That thing about "comfortable atmosphere", we do differ there, true.

I have a hard time understanding why someone wouldn't want a 'comfortable' atmosphere. But I guess that's why there's different quadra values, right?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant you choose it because it looks good to you and it makes you feel good. You're not concerned about the impact it makes on others.

OK for me it's both.

I interpreted it as, you only get one shot at life so make the most of it. Know yourself and what you want or don't want. Go for it, don't just wait for things to come to you. Make a meaningful contribution to society so that when you die, you'll be remembered in a good way.

Yeah that's not what I meant but this is actually good too.

I have a hard time understanding why someone wouldn't want a 'comfortable' atmosphere. But I guess that's why there's different quadra values, right?

It's just that I don't pay attention to how comfortable it is. I don't really care, my attention simply goes elsewhere, automatically.

I think it's also that caring about comfort too much would "kill" me. Too much relaxing is boring, too low energy, I need to be ready for external goals instead.

So yeah, my tendencies are just not compatible with that "comfy" mindset. I have to say socionics really describes this Se vs Si thing so well. Even if it's nowhere near the original Jungian stuff :p

Does this help in understanding?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where did I add possibilities?

Here, is what I thought I saw.

Can you for one second step outside this extremely narrow framework of 8 functions and consider that Ne in one system is something else in another system but this something else is not described by any of the 8 functions but by something else entirely?

Or say something less extreme, example, socionics Ne could be partially described by the MBTI Ne and partially by something else.

Do you never ever feel it's such a narrow limiting framework trying to stick to whatever 8 functions all the time? Open your mind to more psychology! More science! (I'm not being sarcastic, honestly.)

Perhaps Ne-Dom?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here, is what I thought I saw.

(...)

Perhaps Ne-Dom?

I actually arrived at that viewpoint using experience and logic but yes it's a pretty Ne-ish thought heh. There's a lot of stuff about Ne-doms I don't relate to, though. Anyway thanks for the opinion :)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to not relate to gamma that much, but then when I did my research I realized that there wasn't really any other quadra that I relate to, and that when I "act" like another quadra it's just me trying to go with the flow in social situations. But that isn't necessarily me. Yay for strong, unvalued Fe.

childofprodigy

I more or less fit the Gamma profile perfectly though there are some caveats...

Te blocked with Ni

Gamma types take a longer-term view regarding efficiency and profitability, giving lower priority to the short term. Likewise, they tend to aim at the broader benefits of decisions, rather than only at those affecting themselves, giving them an inclination for self-sacrifice.

True that, except for the self-sacrificing part. I am the complete opposite of self-sacrificing. If anything, I use my ability to take a longer-term view/broader-perspective on decisions to further benefit myself (eg. to maximize my long term profit)...

Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.
Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information.

True that...True that...

Fi blocked with Se

Gamma types take a hard-line approach regarding ethical principles and the punishment, even revenge, on those who break them.

Hmhm...I take a hard-line approach/may enact revenge on certain issues that affect me, but it's never really about "ethical principles"...I'm actually quite oblivious about the "ethical" aspect of Fi...I mostly use Fi to keep in touch with my desires/needs/wants/what I deem important, not ethics...don't really care much about ethics...

Gamma types place high value on personal loyalty, once they feel a close relationship has been established.

Mostly when it comes to loyalty to me.

Gamma types like to discuss personal relationships in a realistic manner and are skeptical that "jerks" can ever become "nice people", for instance.

True that....

Fe blocked with Si

Gamma types don't tend to form or maintain groups based on fun, emotional interaction, but only take groups seriously that perform some common productive activity or discuss serious topics.
Gamma types reject the idea that it's best to avoid confrontations so as not to spoil the mood of those present, they prefer directness in settling or at least discussing disagreements.
Gamma types have difficulty relating to emotional atmospheres connected to "special dates" such as public holidays.

True that. True that. True that.

Ti blocked with Ne

Gamma types do not see much point in deeply analyzing ideas that they see as having little practical application or connection to reality.
Gamma types are more inclined to speculate and discuss possible developments of present circumstances, or how these came about, than to speculate or analyze alternative scenarios or possibilities

True that True that

Emperor Enigma

Wandering...
Enneagram
3w4
In terms of Quadra, I'm definitely Gamma (possibly minus the exclusiveness but then again, I only tend to include people if I find them potentially interesting, lol). I am currently vacillating between INTJ and ENTP, so that can be an indicator.

Elocute

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I don't really get why quadras are so important; I've met a typist who used them almost as a sole barometer. Plenty of what they say seems to be culturally influenced, even moreso than actual JCF. :shrug:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Delta (irrational)

Weirdos, easy going, non-aggressive, respectful, peripheral conversations, witty jokes and memes, routines for trying new things

There also tend to be alphas thrown in the mix

I don't really get why quadras are so important; I've met a typist who used them almost as a sole barometer. Plenty of what they say seems to be culturally influenced, even moreso than actual JCF. :shrug:

Valued functions and rationality is where compatibility comes in, as far as Jungian type is concerned. Obviously, how a given quadra behavies is just cultural, but the formation of such groups, or a tendency thereto, goes beyond any culture.

Glint

ಠ﹏ಠ
MBTI Type
TiNi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ignoring quadra descriptions, I strongly identify with the LII Intuitive (Ne) subtype.

As for the Alpha quadra..
Fe with Si said:
Alpha types are inclined to discuss stories told in detail and according to the sequence in which events happened, rather than "jump to the point" quickly.
This is actually a major point of contention between my mom and me. She loves to tell looooooong detailed background stories (with lots of mundane tangents) before getting to the point, and this irritates (and bores) me immensely. Though this could be due to the topic (gossip). I can't understand or see the value of the pile of details she's telling me until I know what/why she's telling me this, and often times it ends up that most of what she told me were red herrings anyways! While I will go back over a sequence of events, I tend to start the conversation with the main point and double back only as to provide clarification and context.