• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics- What is your quadra and why?

Which Quadra are you

• Total voters

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see myself in any of these... I never really feel at home in any group setting...

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can relate to elements of the first three quadras. The fourth one, Delta not so much.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am ENFp-Fi so it should be detla for me... I don't really relate to it. Alpha seems like the best fit for me, and then beta could fit good either.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am ENFp-Fi so it should be detla for me... I don't really relate to it. Alpha seems like the best fit for me, and then beta could fit good either.

yeah, i feel the same way about delta. never really felt like it matched me very well.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Delta. ISTp Ti subtype. I don't understand ENFJs at all.

ISTp subtypes are Si or Te I thought. :shock: Delta quadra has no Ti.

I feel like I've responded here before but I'm too lazy to go see what I said. I've been typed as Alpha (ESE), Gamma (SEE), and Delta (IEE) and Delta seems to fit the most. The whole peaceful vibe really resonates with me.

I could see bits of myself in Alpha, although I have no idea why someone would think Gamma or Beta.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
ISTp subtypes are Si or Te I thought. :shock: Delta quadra has no Ti.

I feel like I've responded here before but I'm too lazy to go see what I said. I've been typed as Alpha (ESE), Gamma (SEE), and Delta (IEE) and Delta seems to fit the most. The whole peaceful vibe really resonates with me.

I could see bits of myself in Alpha, although I have no idea why someone would think Gamma or Beta.
No.

The subtype system is really confusing, tbh. There are so many different ways of doing it.

The two subtype system is acceptable, DCNH is pushing the limits of credibility and the 8 function subtype system is just nuts.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The subtype system is really confusing, tbh. There are so many different ways of doing it.

The two subtype system is acceptable, DCNH is pushing the limits of credibility and the 8 function subtype system is just nuts.

SHE GETS IT

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When filling out this test, I noticed I related really strongly to some questions that I believe are gamma quadra ones. Do please confirm for me, are they gamma or not:

Focus on achieving goals and one's individuality. Visions become reality with planning and hard work.

I put a lot of effort into maintaining my relationships and place a lot of value on them. I help those I care about to achieve their goals through motivation and encouragement. I care about how I look and often enjoy unique styles that help me stand out from the crowd.

(I'm not sure if the 2nd one is gamma too but the first one really seems to be, right?)

So anyway whatever quadra those belong to is my quadra.

Also, they were contrasted with these two really Alpha-ish statements:

Have fun in a light-hearted atmosphere; enjoy life and don't take it too seriously.
(What, no, no, my problem is I take life too seriously haha)

and

I love helping take care of the ones I love. Whether it's providing emotional support or a comfortable atmosphere, my friends and family will always come first in my life. I care about how I look but comfort usually comes first.
(Whaat, no, looks come before comfort. I'm not too worried about whatever comfortable atmosphere either. Friends are cool though)

The four types that test offered me, three were gamma and one beta (ESI, ILI and SEE vs SLE).

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So anyway, aside from that test; I relate to the goal focus and individuality in Gamma. I relate to motivating and encouraging people to get closer to their goals, by directly providing motivation and by offering knowledge on how to do things, I also prefer explaining the stuff along with it, as I don't like it if someone just mindlessly follows a "how to" list of instructions. I also like to help people keep up with stuff they've already started, I like to make them focus on long term results, I tell them not to get stuck in the moment when there's an obstacle discouraging them, I like to explain how it's better to focus into the future. That's because it helps you get past difficulties, you know it's only temporary and more than that, you see the trends, see how things work over long term, which is useful, and especially see that you are getting better/closer to goal/etc.

Otoh I don't relate to the hardline ethics thingie, mine is more... how to say, flexible. Like, I can say to someone, fuck, you're such a psychopath, not caring about your friend. I'm really upset and angry in those moments for sure. Anyway, next minute I totally forget the whole argument, I take that quality from my family, no one holds grudges in my family, things are out in the open right away and that's lovely. We look like we are seriously going to kill each other in one moment then next moment everyone's happy with everyone else.

That latter quality is Fe-ish, I know. I however don't relate to the Beta groupthink. Whatever "ideologies" I may like is my own stuff, not gonna follow others. I'm impervious to emotionally based reasoning, thus I dislike cults. And I dislike the idea of trying to join emotionality if I don't feel part of a group and I often don't.

Now to complicate things more. I did give some example above that was about judging in the heat of the moment, but I don't necessarily use ethical judgments even in such moments of conflict, sometimes I just express how I'm really upset, simply shout, throw shit, etc. Yap, bad temper and yes I must express my emotions. Flexible Fi or bad Fe use?

Also, if someone did something bad to me, I will revenge that but not out of a refined ethics motivation. It's out of plain anger, done right there and then, not refined and I don't really decide in some unchanging way that the person's character itself is bad. It doesn't mean I will still trust them in future, though. If it's a bad idea in a practical sense then I will not trust. And if I threaten someone with shit, that's also not usually due to ethical judgments, it's usually just to get something, so out of more of a material or territorial motivation than of any use of a sophisticated ethical framework. Alright I'm not perfect in this sense.

Otoh I can really get upset over certain people's troubles caused by other people, I will really go out of my way to defend them. Some of those people are family and some are just random people who got the unfair treatment in certain situations.

So to switch back to typology talk, I think socionics fans would call a big part of that whole first paragraph SeTe or just Se or Te overload really. And some of it seems heavy reliance on Ni to me. I am not so sure about the F / ethics part. Opinions?

infinite

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
~8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been reading up on the quadras lately and I can't decide between beta and gamma.

I see you've decided on Beta since then. May I ask how? Thank you :solidarity:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see you've decided on Beta since then. May I ask how? Thank you :solidarity:

I just settled with the closest one. None of them actually fit me that well. I'm not really sold on socionics.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When filling out this test, I noticed I related really strongly to some questions that I believe are gamma quadra ones. Do please confirm for me, are they gamma or not:

Focus on achieving goals and one's individuality. Visions become reality with planning and hard work.

I don't claim to be a socionics expert but I'll take a stab at it.

Regarding this statement, it does sound gamma, particularly gamma NT.

I put a lot of effort into maintaining my relationships and place a lot of value on them. I help those I care about to achieve their goals through motivation and encouragement. I care about how I look and often enjoy unique styles that help me stand out from the crowd.
(I'm not sure if the 2nd one is gamma too but the first one really seems to be, right?)

Maintaining relationships = Fi, something gamma values. Helping to achieve goals through motivation/encouragement = Se.

I'm not sure about the caring about looks part of it. I've seen members of other quadras say this too. I suppose it depends on the motivation behind it. Do you want to look a certain way in order to achieve some sort of goal or make some sort of impact on the external world? Or do you do it more for personal or aesthetic reasons? I'd say the former sounds more gamma and Se valuing. The latter, less so and more Si valuing.

So anyway whatever quadra those belong to is my quadra.

I don't think it's quite that simple. I don't know you well enough to pick a quadra for you but I think you have to go by more than just a couple of test questions. Really understand the functions and which ones you value in yourself and seek out in other people.

Also, they were contrasted with these two really Alpha-ish statements:

Have fun in a light-hearted atmosphere; enjoy life and don't take it too seriously.
(What, no, no, my problem is I take life too seriously haha)

Yes, that does sound rather alpha. In spite of being in the alpha quadra, I couldn't agree with that. I'm like you, I take life way too seriously. I think that statement tends to be more true of alpha irrationals SEI or ILE than rational types, especially LII, who tend to be the most serious of the alphas.

I love helping take care of the ones I love. Whether it's providing emotional support or a comfortable atmosphere, my friends and family will always come first in my life. I care about how I look but comfort usually comes first.
(Whaat, no, looks come before comfort. I'm not too worried about whatever comfortable atmosphere either. Friends are cool though)

Now this is where we differ. I do care about comfort, particularly a comfortable atmosphere, which correlates to Si valuing. I do care about friends and family but I have to say I don't enjoy much the actual taking care of others part of it. I do it more out of sense of obligation or it's the right thing to do. I mostly just want my independence and be able to do as I please.

The four types that test offered me, three were gamma and one beta (ESI, ILI and SEE vs SLE).

I don't know your type but you're probably in an Se valuing quadra and the not valuing comfort much would confirm that.