• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, how do you as a [insert quadra] experience the other quadras in comparison to your own? Do you think the quadras make sense? And how useful are they?

I found that it made it a lot easier to narrow down my own type by looking at the quadras. When I did, I could easily eliminate Gamma and Alpha, and could take a closer look at Delta and Beta. I quickly realised that the intensity associated with Beta was something that MBTI never explained about my character. However, I still felt that especially the group behavior was foreign to me, relating more to Delta there.

When I took a socionics test , it gave me EII, a delta result, but a close second was a beta IEI. The type profiles, along with the quadra information made it a lot easier to pinpoint my type.

As I'm looking at socionics further, I find that starting from the quadras, it becomes easier to identify which people are which socionics types. And I start seeing things in my relationship with them that I hadnt considered before. So to me, so far, it has been quite a valuable bit of information, though I haven't finished testdriving it yet :)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've long been interested in but rarely properly studied the quadra.

Okay, so I'm clearly Delta Quadra, which supports my typing as IEE (ENFp)-Fi. I think the quadra make sense and are applicable, as they simply follow from the overlaps that occur between types which share elements of how they're looking at the world. It's interesting now that I understand it to look at the people in my life and how it relates. I know a Beta, for instance, who is very Ni-heavy, and she seems to share some things in common with Gamma Quadra as well, which is interesting. My brother is so Beta, and I find this description really gets to the heart of some of the things I like best about him and also some of the things that have bothered and confused me most about interacting with him. I seem to have a lot of Alphas in my life, and I feel like I've gotten quite comfortable with interacting on Alpha terms, even though it's not my native style.

Last edited:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Thanks for posting this. I never heard of socionics before coming to this site. It's very new to me and still a little muddled. See, on MBTI I test as an INFJ or INTJ, I've scored both ways. However, on enneagram I score as a 5w4, but on the socionics I scored as ILI; so I'm thinking they don't correspond 1:1 with MBTI. But I'm very open to hearing other people discuss it. That may be the best way to learn about it.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Betas. Especially the dramatic/campy/fabulous EIEs and IEIs <3

LSIs are okay to work with, if a little rigid. I've worked with 2 other SLEs and it was a miracle it didn't turn into a fight.

Edit: I love the link that [MENTION=10653]SuchIrony[/MENTION] posted, because of the correlations between quadras and classical elements.

KDude

I'm probably Beta, but... To hell with socionics. And all the quadras. Including Betas. Last thing I need is a group identity.

I could be SLI too (Delta). :shrug:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm probably Beta, but... To hell with socionics. And all the quadras. Including Betas. Last thing I need is a group identity.

Fe inferior projection there, buddy.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Are you making purposeful irony about betas?

(probably I guess, in that case :laugh:)

KDude

Are you making purposeful irony about betas?

(probably I guess, in that case :laugh:)

Not really. I'm kind of in limbo, I think. At one time, I would have easily identified with Beta. But I just want to chill now, like a Delta.

Another way of looking at quadras is in terms of "age groups"..

Alphas are like children.. with all of the "wonder" and curiousity that children have (as well as the freshman mistakes and spastic behavior).

Betas are teens. With all the rebellion, desire for change, and energy (to either destroy or ignite).

Gammas are like adults. Finding a secure place for yourself in the world, or making a lasting mark, and holding on tight to what you control.

Deltas are like the elderly. Grown past being competitive, generally more accepting of differences in people, but resistant to change and revolution (especially the aggressive Beta variety). Where Alpha Ne is curious and inventive in the scientific sense, Delta Ne is more like.. "Wait..OK. So we have all this stuff. How we do make sense of it as a whole?" What it means in humanistic terms maybe.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Beta: Alphas tend to regard Beta types as "cool" and fun, although "fun" with a bit of an edge, and too often inclined to be a bit bossy; in social situations Alphas usually resign the lead to Betas on the basis that Betas "care more." At work, Alphas are inclined to regard Beta types as too single-minded and rigid.
Gamma: Alphas tend to regard Gamma types warily, as stand-offish and emotionally cold or even hostile, especially in work situations, as well as inclined to play favorites with those they know better or are attracted to. Alphas tend to see Gamma types as too harsh in their words and generally unimaginative, boring, and too worried about the future, as well as having a mean streak of unforgivingness and vindictiveness.
Delta: Alphas tend to regard Delta types as kindly and creative, but a bit too serious in their ideals and principles and too demanding of the same from others.

Tho I like to add that those views are not engraved in stone. One of the aspects of prolly all people, is the fact to keep an open-ended mind, to research and to build on that research. Meaning: we get to know over time how others tick differently and try to adapt on that, respect it or go out of their way.

My perception of the quadras is best expressed in how I perceive them regarding thinking: Betas are the ones I get along with best but they are often too focused on social aspects for my taste. Tho this is a thing I can get along with. Gammas are very type-related: some have the ability to push through and live their perspective, those I like to support team up with and I try to be responsible too as best as I can. Some tho are bossy, aggressive and more inclined on harming people which harmed them. Those I tend to ignore. Deltas are a mystery to me. They often appear like a sect: when talking to each others Delta seem to have a common denominator, which I never managed to grasp. I have a very high morale myself that helps me to get along with most Deltas; still I like to judge thinks logically and that at times can mean that you have to judge a friend. Tho in regards with friends I tend to go with the pro-friend decision and to disregard the logical decision, still at times I frist have to think about it. This questioning of a Delta friendship often suffices to destroy the friendship, they are like sect leaders you either have to follow or not.

Regarding how people perform in life, I look up the most to Deltas. Still all three quadras instill a lot of feelings in me, good or bad, but most often bad. The easiest way for me are still alphas. If I could, I'd surround myself by them, needing nobody else (tho only for a time probably). :)

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love Betas. Especially the dramatic/campy/fabulous EIEs and IEIs <3

LSIs are okay to work with, if a little rigid. I've worked with 2 other SLEs and it was a miracle it didn't turn into a fight.

Edit: I love the link that @SuchIrony posted, because of the correlations between quadras and classical elements.

What's your sociotype?

Anyway, like the OP, I found it immensely helpful to use the quadra values in order to pinpoint my sociotype as I first looked into LII and ILI (because I score as an INTP in MBTI) but as I researched further, I realized I'm not an alpha or a gamma. Funnily enough, on immediate reading, I did not even see myself as a delta and it was the quadra I thought was the furthest away from me and I identified the most with alpha and beta. How ironic, especially the beta part.

It became obvious over time that I'm as delta as they come and I'm most definitely an EII-Ne subtype. I personally have the greatest difficulty getting along with beta types in general which makes sense because beta is the quadra the most functionally opposed my quadra (delta). Some IEIs are all right, especially if Ni subtype, but overall I find that the way we view communication and interaction is too different. They promote this exurbant atmosphere with laughter and jokes which just annoys me to no end and I guess me sitting in my corner and apparing gloomy to them is equally annoying. And let's not even get started when they decide that I need to cheer up and be included in all the fun... JUST NO. I decide on my own when I'm included or not, thank you!

I really don't get along with LSIs and SLEs at all due to the Se and Ti. It's like talking to an alien from another planet. We don't speak the same language at all. With beta NFs I can work with them as long as we share a common goal or interest.

I should add that the laughter and fun aspect of alphas really annoy me as well. I for example think my cousin's father is an ILE and his need to always be funny and tell jokes and laugh loudly at social gatherings really irks me at some point. There is only so much time for laughter. I'd rather discuss what happens at the end of the universe than how funny it was that Pete did [insert random joke] thing.

So if I have to rate the quadras whose company I enjoy it's delta > gamma > alpha > beta. Gammas can be great although ESIs can annoy me, same with SEEs (Se PoLR). I know quite a few ILIs and some LIEs I get along with great even though we don't always agree due to differences in perception. I have yet to meet more people out of my own quadra. I know some IEEs and a person I suspect is an LSE but maybe it's just me, but where the fuck are all deltas?!

KDude

I really don't get along with LSIs and SLEs at all due to the Se and Ti. It's like talking to an alien from another planet. We don't speak the same language at all.

NochyumpcNochympc quo fubo fatori nyucgupomnycgupom chyucchyc nuggol eh RyuhoRyho umja Jouch. NochyumpcNochympc chug quoug choi sura ni usujequ folo em oulch yucyc ni glao cavcgumso. NochyumpcNochympc chug yumym reepot ug chotc ckyulyugaurckyulygaurckylyugaurckylygaur, quo ulo geeh naseh ryuporypo eicgolc evcolbot cho cam chleatf cho quugol, umja chyummotchymmot chug chyuspchysp quugol cho chyummocgchymmocg eh uyuluyl.
:(:mad:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NochyumpcNochympc quo fubo fatori nyucgupomnycgupom chyucchyc nuggol eh RyuhoRyho umja Jouch. NochyumpcNochympc chug quoug choi sura ni usujequ folo em oulch yucyc ni glao cavcgumso. NochyumpcNochympc chug yumym reepot ug chotc ckyulyugaurckyulygaurckylyugaurckylygaur, quo ulo geeh naseh ryuporypo eicgolc evcolbot cho cam chleatf cho quugol, umja chyummotchymmot chug chyuspchysp quugol cho chyummocgchymmocg eh uyuluyl.
:(:mad:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

KDude

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Cthulu? I know that guy. Maybe we can speak, after all.

Like I said though, I could be SLI. Which would be your quadra. I'd prefer to just stick to MBTI though.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cthulu? I know that guy. Maybe we can speak, after all.

Like I said though, I could be SLI. Which would be your quadra. I'd prefer to just stick to MBTI though.

You don't seem to express socionics Se from what I can tell. An Se base type would most likely have misuderstood what I did up there and not see the connection. I could also see an argument for LII? I do think you are Ne-Si valuing though, the way you went off-tangent with the "alien speak". And Se type would interpret what I said in a more literal manner and probably ask me about different languages such as body language etc.

Haha, I ditched MBTI in favor for socionics some time ago. Socionics makes more sense and my type accurracy is quite accurate in socionics. It just gets type down better than MBTI does. I'll probably figure out your type soon enough using intertype and IM after seeing a few more posts anyway ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You don't seem to express socionics Se from what I can tell. An Se base type would most likely have misuderstood what I did up there and not see the connection. I could also see an argument for LII? I do think you are Ne-Si valuing though, the way you went off-tangent with the "alien speak". And Se type would interpret what I said in a more literal manner and probably ask me about different languages such as body language etc.

Haha, I ditched MBTI in favor for socionics some time ago. Socionics makes more sense and my type accurracy is quite accurate in socionics. It just gets type down better than MBTI does. I'll probably figure out your type soon enough using intertype and IM after seeing a few more posts anyway ;)

Ya know..you could prove valuable to the forum in educating those interested in socionics. However, you might wanna slow down a little, as what you just wrote is chinese to a lot of us here, still, and a little intimidating for now :ninja: :alttongue:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ya know..you could prove valuable to the forum in educating those interested in socionics. However, you might wanna slow down a little, as what you just wrote is chinese to a lot of us here, still, and a little intimidating for now :ninja: :alttongue:

Ehm, slow is not really a part of my vocabulary when I'm interested in something. I think I should just blame it on that I'm a 5 and I just like to think in technical complexities :whistling:

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ehm, slow is not really a part of my vocabulary when I'm interested in something. I think I should just blame it on that I'm a 5 and I just like to think in technical complexities :whistling:

:whistling: I'm just saying...it could be in your very own interest to actually take it down a notch and take the time to teach us, as it will provide you with another venue to actually discuss this topic in depth and to your hearts content in the future. Consider it an investment in that future...can you see it now? Dream with me here, girl *paints you a picture*

Keep in mind that people here, when they talk about Ni and Ne think of something else than you are talking about when discussing socionics, and it will take time to learn what Ni and Ne in socionics means, seperately from MBTI, so prepare yourself for a lot of explaining what you actually mean when using Ni in a socionics context. You'll have to tutor us on terms like PoLR and how it is relevant to typing others, and you'll have to explain why valuing a function and searching for it is typical of a specific type.

So, woooohh horsy :D

Ps: I do like your enthusiasm...and this is me trying to tap into it to use it for my own agenda - making you a resource for TypeC-ers to tap when they have questions about socionics. You interested in the position? :smile:

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:whistling: I'm just saying...it could be in your very own interest to actually take it down a notch and take the time to teach us, as it will provide you with another venue to actually discuss this topic in depth and to your hearts content in the future. Consider it an investment in that future...can you see it now? Dream with me here, girl *paints you a picture*

I understand your point fully well. I just tend to assume people can follow me I guess.
Keep in mind that people here, when they talk about Ni and Ne think of something else than you are talking about when discussing socionics, and it will take time to learn what Ni and Ne in socionics means, seperately from MBTI, so prepare yourself for a lot of explaining what you actually mean when using Ni in a socionics context. You'll have to tutor us on terms like PoLR and how it is relevant to typing others, and you'll have to explain why valuing a function and searching for it is typical of a specific type.

Fair enough, I have entirely ditched the MBTI definitions of all the functions in favor for socionics', although my understanding of the functions is a bit of my own hogwash too. At some point it all just became a mess in my head. I kind of know where I got it from... somewhere. And if someone asks I'm happy to explain.
So, woooohh horsy :D

Ps: I do like your enthusiasm...and this is me trying to tap into it to use it for my own agenda - making you a resource for TypeC-ers to tap when they have questions about socionics. You interested in the position? :smile:

lol ok, maybe that'd work if I was a soc 5? I can kind of imagine how a soc 5 would cream over that.

Also, are you an Ne subtype? I find that ExI-Fi ones can be SO stingy. I am totally not thinking of Maritsa on 16types. Who I should add, doesn't think I'm an EII at all.

Meh, I should pay more attention to people's signatures...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol ok, maybe that'd work if I was a soc 5? I can kind of imagine how a soc 5 would cream over that.

Oh come on, you know you wanna :devil: