• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics quadras - How one behavioral group experiences another.

Faceless Beauty

Transient
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
9w8
No, I realize that people identify with groups and categorizing things and people to different extents ... I'm just saying that using it as a test to type people when they're already thinking about something as group-based as socionics isn't very reliable.

I mean, if this were taken too literally, then anyone who was ever interested in typing anyone or attaching a socionics label to them would be an aristocrat. I don't know. Maybe I'm chasing something illusory here.

:butterflee:

I think you're right about the taking things too literally bit. xD

And I see what you're getting at overall, but it's not really a black-and-white one-or-the-other thing. I think these occur in people in varying degrees, really. Plus the dichotomies are just supplemental to the functions, since they are the result of certain functions interacting with one another. Or at least that's how they are explained.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Quadra archetypes bust out like fireworks indoors once you ramp up the voltage. Collectively, Gammas really do strike me as the "anything goes" bunch (it's fun to see and engage with rogue INFj delivering their pitches) which can make an INFp-Ni feel out of place though the "aristocratic" label comes alive at Beta parties- feels comparably reigned-in and selective- INTjs tend to move in isolated packs rather than jell with either.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, I realize that people identify with groups and categorizing things and people to different extents ... I'm just saying that using it as a test to type people when they're already thinking about something as group-based as socionics isn't very reliable.

I mean, if this were taken too literally, then anyone who was ever interested in typing anyone or attaching a socionics label to them would be an aristocrat. I don't know. Maybe I'm chasing something illusory here.

:butterflee:

I get what you are saying but this is why you need to study your behavior in a wider context. I'm for example clearly aristocratic. If you'd ask me how I would describe a person it would be based on that person's interests that in a way, puts them in groups. For example, if I were to describe myself I'd say "loves metal music, mindfuck movies and cats" which relates back to "groups" in the sense that I identify myself with interests that I share with people in a general sense so if you share my interests you're "in", otherwise out. I don't think I'd say stuff like "she's in the football team" though. I guess that's more like beta aristocracy. I would however say, "she likes football."

I get what you are saying but this is why you need to study your behavior in a wider context. I'm for example clearly aristocratic. If you'd ask me how I would describe a person it would be based on that person's interests that in a way, puts them in groups. For example, if I were to describe myself I'd say "loves metal music, mindfuck movies and cats" which relates back to "groups" in the sense that I identify myself with interests that I share with people in a general sense so if you share my interests you're "in", otherwise out. I don't think I'd say stuff like "she's in the football team" though. I guess that's more like beta aristocracy. I would however say, "she likes football."

This seems like an exceedingly tenuous explanation to me. Interests =/= group affiliations.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This seems like an exceedingly tenuous explanation to me. Interests =/= group affiliations.

I don't agree with the connection either necessarily but I see the point they're saying. I think the word "group" is a poor choice of wording. Community is better.

I don't agree with the connection either necessarily but I see the point they're saying. I think the word "group" is a poor choice of wording. Community is better.

It really isn't though. Unless you automatically see someone with a particular interest as affiliated with a community of people with that same interest.

Do you really see yourself and would you describe yourself in terms of kinship with cat lovers everywhere? If so, then yeah, I can buy the aristocratic/democratic divide. Even so, it's ludicrous to say that anyone who describes a person in terms of their interests is "aristocratic." That's just a matter of trying to convey relevant information.

If you're trying to describe a rabid football fan, you're going to call him a rabid football fan (or variations thereof) whether you're alpha or delta or whatever. People shouldn't overdiagnose differences based on theory where none exist.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It really isn't though. Unless you automatically see someone with a particular interest as affiliated with a community of people with that same interest.

Do you really see yourself and would you describe yourself in terms of kinship with cat lovers everywhere? If so, then yeah, I can buy the aristocratic/democratic divide. Even so, it's ludicrous to say that anyone who describes a person in terms of their interests is "aristocratic." That's just a matter of trying to convey relevant information.

If you're trying to describe a rabid football fan, you're going to call him a rabid football fan (or variations thereof) whether you're alpha or delta or whatever. People shouldn't overdiagnose differences based on theory where none exist.

It's not so much kinship... in the sense of the word. More as a way to define whether someone is outside or inside. I mean, I still see I got more in common with people who like cats than people who hate cates or people who feel indiferent towards cats. It becomes really noticeable when studying actual group dynamics because aristocratic groups are not as open in such a sense compared to democratic groups where aristocratic groups form in clusters based on a common trait they all got in common. For example, one of my delta friendship circles is formed around that we all like the same kind of music. Without this unity the group would not... be the same kind of group or fall apart even. It's kind of what glues it together.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Your Sociotype: EII-2Ne (INFj)
IEE (ENFp): 88% as likely as EII.
IEI (INFp): 86% as likely as EII.
ILE (ENTp): 74% as likely as EII.

Oooh I'm a Delta. But there are a lot of Beta elements that I really identify with. :shock:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've long been interested in but rarely properly studied the quadra.

Okay, so I'm clearly Delta Quadra, which supports my typing as IEE (ENFp)-Fi. I think the quadra make sense and are applicable, as they simply follow from the overlaps that occur between types which share elements of how they're looking at the world. It's interesting now that I understand it to look at the people in my life and how it relates. I know a Beta, for instance, who is very Ni-heavy, and she seems to share some things in common with Gamma Quadra as well, which is interesting. My brother is so Beta, and I find this description really gets to the heart of some of the things I like best about him and also some of the things that have bothered and confused me most about interacting with him. I seem to have a lot of Alphas in my life, and I feel like I've gotten quite comfortable with interacting on Alpha terms, even though it's not my native style.

Your spoiler is so great. I'm reading really closely comparing ENFj and ESFp/Beta and Gamma, and I'm very certain of SEE/Gamma now (not that I wasn't before, but people kept calling me ENFj so I had to find out why, because they do appear to have similarities on the surface)...and I am so Gamma it's not even funny. For example, the power-play dynamic in romance, viewing Betas as effective (or ethically focused,in my words) but too ideological or two-faced/concerned with social status, and viewing Deltas as nice and creative but mostly way too forgiving of the undeserving. I also have such a problem with relating feeling to appropriate occasions that I've made people very upset on holidays or at parties.

I also read this other interesting thing about Aristocratics versus Democratics, and apparently Democratics see people as pushy or invading their space, and this is pretty much the epic tale of my childhood battle with my step-monster, and also my war with my ex-of-six-years'-mother. She was the mother-in-law from hell in my mind, always harping about spots on the sink and unmade beds and sweeping her floor 87 times a day whilst hoarding 467 roles of toilet paper.

Apparently Betas are more likely to commit acts of extremism, I read another description that basically made them sound most likely to be cult members, witch burners, and terrorists.

And I'm very wary of that kind of thing, I call it the downside of Fe (to put it mildly) and it's one of the reasons why I've sought a more centrist view of politics, despite my own hard-line ethical judgments, my fear of this sort of extremist behavior has driven me in a more long-term view (Ni) of having a more realistic (Se) view of other people's ideologies and why they think or feel that way, and collecting facts in an attempt to support ethics (using Te to support preferred Fi).

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Ah, I see, well SEE seems to make sense for you, I had not thought about it before tbh.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION]

:thinking: Tbh, I found it weird to think of you as anything but a gamma. I get that people saw you as beta though, due to the intensity you sometimes bring to battle. But your style of interaction is...more rough around the edges and slapping people in the face with what you believe to be true, than it is persuading people to join your cause.