User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 167

  1. #91
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I agree that this is a problem but I would hardly hold that against socionics because we could raise the same argument regarding the MBTI and even Jung. That's why we got socionists after Augusta who has helped to redefine the system further such as Gulenko.

    Also, if you look beyond the rough surface of what Augusta was trying to say regarding Se, you'd realize she's not that far off. Just that she's expressing it very poorly.
    Agreed, but I thought pretty much all the Socionists were NTPs.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

  2. #92
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Did you see my post above?
    I did and I fail to see your point. Your conclusion is that xSFPs are very different to xNTJs and I'm saying that cognitively this isn't true and the divide you perceive has more to do with your ego rejecting your shadow. That, or you're potentially not an xNTJ and in fact a mistype which could explain why you think the system doesn't hold up either.

    I don't think the intertype system is perfect but if you got the functions right for your quadra it fits surprisingly well more often than not based on what I've observed.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  3. #93
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Agreed, but I thought pretty much all the Socionists were NTPs.
    One other prominent one is Filatova, but she's INFj, I think. Still removed from Se.

    MBTI has it's share of NTP and NFP writers as well, but I know Thomson is INTJ.

  4. #94
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Gulenko is Alpha NT too (INTj).
    He was just a random name-drop because he was one whose name I could remember. But he's hardly the only socionist which was my point.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  5. #95
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    One other prominent one is Filatova, but she's INFj, I think. Still removed from Se.

    MBTI has it's share of NTP and NFP writers, but I know Thomson is INTJ.
    Possibly, I don't remember, and I'm not too fond of her portraits personally. I also think that just because you have an Ne preference it doesn't mean you won't get the other functions. To be honest as an EII, I have a harder time understanding Ti and Fe than I do Ni and Se. Anyway, if you want a decent Se description then maybe turn to Jung. I've seen people theorize him as an IEI but I could see an argument for ILI too.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  6. #96
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    I did and I fail to see your point.
    That is apparent.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

  7. #97
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    MBTI has it's share of NTP and NFP writers as well, but I know Thomson is INTJ.
    So is Nardi.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    He was just a random name-drop because he was one whose name I could remember. But he's hardly the only socionist which was my point.
    They're still all NPs.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

  8. #98
    Senior Member Entropic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That is apparent.
    Then maybe please explain your point?
    They're still all NPs.
    And both of you missed the point why I mentioned him. I didn't mention him because he's an alpha NT, but I used him as an example of a person who's redefined the system since then and adding new details to it. Then we can argue further whether he is cognitively biased or not or whether his observations mean little but that was aside the point.

    Come watch with me as our world burns.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

  9. #99
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,255

    Default

    It's not missing the point when the bulk of theory and literature is based on Augusta and Gulenko. I'm not trying to just isolate them. It's that their approach dominates socionics.

    I don't even know what type Jung was tbh. MBTI started off with more balance though. Myers is the INFP, but Briggs INFJ. While the MBTI manual today is refined more by statistics than theory.

    edit: Oh, and another thing about Socionics.. and it may sound funny.. but if they had bad impressions of Se, it's because they lived in SOVIET RUSSIA. lol

  10. #100
    Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Then maybe please explain your point?
    If you were a longer time member of this forum, you'd probably recognize that picture as a reasonably good representative of a rather prominent attitude of mine. Seeing as you were complaining about my abundant Se hitting you in the face the other day, I figured the message might still be accessible to you. Also, no need to teach me about the relation of types to their shadow. I'm probably one of the foremost writers about this topic on this board. If you read what I've written over the years, including in my blog, you'll see that your assumptions about my relationship to my tertiary and inferior are pretty off base.

    What's more esoteric, and that, frankly, you couldn't have known from my post, is that you could probably find a bunch of pictures of me from high school making just about that exact same gesture. Also, interestingly, my ENFP ex and I realized a while ago that Rihanna and I dance extremely similarly. As in, not too many people dance like me (I have been told once before, tho, by two girls, that they know a guy who dances like me [meaning that how I dance, and how the guy dance, are, for whatever reason {and what is hopefully obvious, but, since you are new, and, thus, apparently don't know how to read me yet, I will state anyway}, likely due to typological reasons], but, for whatever reason, Rihanna does.

    This is where we first noticed it:



    And it was further confirmed here (mine's just a bit more guyish):



    Another longtime-member inside joke you likely (understandably) would have missed was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    For posterity:

    That was my pokemon avatar (during a certain [1-day] phase on this forum), and it was considered highly representative.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    And both of you missed the point why I mentioned him. I didn't mention him because he's an alpha NT, but I used him as an example of a person who's redefined the system since then and adding new details to it. Then we can argue further whether he is cognitively biased or not or whether his observations mean little but that was aside the point.
    Well apparently you missed KDude's original point, which is that Se is poorly described in Socionics because all the theorists are NPs.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

    "Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] One mans mead is another man's poison
    By tinkerbell in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 11:19 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Doin' Everything in One Big GROUP!
    By heart in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM
  3. How often do you experience an "existential breakdown?"
    By swordpath in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO