• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me, for socionics. Is this even where I am supposed to ask this?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of questions should I be answering to know what my socionics type is?
I think i'm an ESFp but not sure...how can I tell? just descriptions?
Can you guys help type me ? :D

skitskitpotter

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The following link is a good socionics test:

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?1:::

I'd say you are confident in your E, as it is the only letter you are not questioning. Since your enneagram is 6w5, I would assume that your T vs. F is pretty borderline; 6's tend to lean toward an F, while 5's lean toward T. N seems to be statistically more likely than S based on some online reading, but I would need more information. I would guess p also, again because of probability.

ESFp's are very lively individuals. This type is spontaneous, outgoing, and enjoys attention. ESFp's tend to be very warm and friendly, and are often master diplomats in their friendships, which are many and intense. They are very much "people's people". They're also very practical, realistic, and grounded; they're not the most imaginative of types. If this sounds like you, you're probably an ESFp.

If you would like a better diagnosis, describe yourself in a few words or sentences.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The following link is a good socionics test:

http://www.socionics.com/sta/sta-1-r.html?1:::

I'd say you are confident in your E, as it is the only letter you are not questioning. Since your enneagram is 6w5, I would assume that your T vs. F is pretty borderline; 6's tend to lean toward an F, while 5's lean toward T. N seems to be statistically more likely than S based on some online reading, but I would need more information. I would guess p also, again because of probability.

ESFp's are very lively individuals. This type is spontaneous, outgoing, and enjoys attention. ESFp's tend to be very warm and friendly, and are often master diplomats in their friendships, which are many and intense. They are very much "people's people". They're also very practical, realistic, and grounded; they're not the most imaginative of types. If this sounds like you, you're probably an ESFp.

If you would like a better diagnosis, describe yourself in a few words or sentences.

hmm, I didn't seem to get that from the ESFp description. I know i am definately in the gamma quadra and there's only 4 so I have to be one of them ...so that narrows it down. ISFj, ENTj, INTp, or ESFp. Teh only description I thought was me was the ESFp because the others were way too unemotional.BUt now when I'm taking a glance at it again, I guess the ENTj really does fit me. hmm I am on both sides with the question of irrational or rational. which to me...are similar but not exactly the same a judger vs perciever...but for the wording they use...i'm both... I have absolutely no question that I'm an ENTJ in MBTI...my enneagram is still to be determined, I think I'm either a 6, 1 or 3 in that order. well I'm going to put it back to ENTj now lol . thanks for your help :) If you have any other thoughts though, please contribute!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You people are looking at the wrong descriptions.

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Wikisocion_home -- everything you need
http://www.socionics.us/works/semantics.shtml -- detailed definitions of the socionics functions, or rather information elements.

Furthermore, ENTJ =/= ENTj because the function definitions are different.

Te in MBTI (according to bestfittype.com) is "Segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not. Sorting out different colors and styles; thinking about the consequences, as in “Since I have to stand all day…”"

In contrast, Te in socionics is:
"exact knowledge, objective phenomena and laws, objects' dynamics; controlled processes", among others. Detailed descriptions can be found in the link.

I find that it is helpful to find your quadra (Alpha/Beta/Gamma/Delta) before settling on your type.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Uwace[/MENTION] ehem...ok....YOU obviously didn't read anything I wrote. I said I know i'm gamma...that makes it so I can only be 4 types ...duh...yes i've been the wikisocion site. I also started explaining that i don't know if i'm rational or irrational...that's really the problem i'm having i know i'm either SEE or LIE. I am very aware that soncionics is much different than MBTI....one of the differences is that I can easily evaluate someone with MBTI...but not with socionics...this thread is asking just that.. is there any other method to determining other peoples' socionics type other than reading the descriptions...sad that i'm quoting myself yet agains but as I said "I thought was me was the ESFp because the others were way too unemotional. But now when I'm taking a glance at it again, I guess the ENTj really does fit me" So as always thanks for the help...I will look elsewhere.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
BAAHAHAHAHAHA awesome lol

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=11928]Uwace[/MENTION] ehem...ok....YOU obviously didn't read anything I wrote. I said I know i'm gamma...that makes it so I can only be 4 types ...duh...yes i've been the wikisocion site. I also started explaining that i don't know if i'm rational or irrational...that's really the problem i'm having i know i'm either SEE or LIE. I am very aware that soncionics is much different than MBTI....one of the differences is that I can easily evaluate someone with MBTI...but not with socionics...this thread is asking just that.. is there any other method to determining other peoples' socionics type other than reading the descriptions...sad that i'm quoting myself yet agains but as I said "I thought was me was the ESFp because the others were way too unemotional. But now when I'm taking a glance at it again, I guess the ENTj really does fit me" So as always thanks for the help...I will look elsewhere.

K.