• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics INTj

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I am usually undecided if I am an mbti INTP or INTJ. Many descriptions of both have something of myself and something not...

Then I read these socionics descriptions about INTj and they describe me very well.

For example here:

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/li.html

http://www.socionics.com/prof/intj.htm

http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Logical_Intuitive_Introtim (with function analysis)

Otherwise, the interesting thing is that the socionics INTp doesn't fit me well.
So do you think I am more mbti INTP or INTJ based on socionics INTj description?
Anyone like me here?
Thanks.

Offog

MBTI Type
INTP
Socionics INTj = Logical-Intuitive Introvert = Ti dom-Ne aux = MBTI INTP.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, INTj (LII) can be either INTJ or INTP, depending on the individual. I, for instance, am an MBTI INTJ and a Socionics LII. Socionics is all screwed up, and it's difficult to make direct comparisons between Sociotypes and MBTI types.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Socionics INTj = Logical-Intuitive Introvert = Ti dom-Ne aux = MBTI INTP.

Sigh, not ANOTHER one. I'm going to quote myself again:

That's not entirely accurate. Socionic functions don't correspond exactly to MBTI functions, so there is no 1:1 type conversion, an independent test in the socionic style is necessary. What you described is a common misconception about type conversion.

Oh, and they don't officially use the same letters. They use designations like LII, EII, ILI, EIE. (Which are shorthand for things Logical-Intuitive Introtim, Ethical-Sensing Introtim, and Intuitive-Logical Extrotim.) Note that the last letter always represents the attitude of the dominant function, Introverted or Extraverted. The other two can be in any order. They correspond to these letters:

I=Intuitive
L=Logical
E=Ethical
S=Sensing

R

Riva

No type is clearer of what his/her type is as much as INTJs are.
INTJs reeks decisiveness.
Which is probably their best quality.
They don't doubt their decisions.
That's INTJ.

If a person is confused between INTP and INTJ, I guess the person is most likely an INTP.
Or maybe an INTJ who wants to be an INTP. *Shrugs*

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
MBTI INTJ =/= socionics INTj

INTJ = Ni Te Fi Se Ne Ti Fe Si

INTj = Ti Ne Fi Se Fe Si Te Ni

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Sigh, not ANOTHER one. I'm going to quote myself again:

Wow finally somebody here who knows what they are talking about. Socionics Doesn't compare to MBTI functions so you can't say socionics INTJ is MBTI INTP or vice versa. The socionics system is a much more complex system and one isn't defined by a primary and secondary function like MBTI. Socionics goes more in depth so you really have to understand the system. Go to wikepedia and learn more about it.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
That's INTJ.

If a person is confused between INTP and INTJ, I guess the person is most likely an INTP.

The bolded might be very likely, actually. I've seen a few xNTJs raised in more academic/artistic settings that thought they were xNTPs because of what they had been trained into placing their priorities in.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
That's INTJ.

Uhm... no... maybe I am an INTP who wants to be an INTJ.
I always loved INTJs. My favourite fictional characters are always INTJs since I was a child/teen and I didn't know the mbti.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's INTJ.

makes me doubt my type than, as I'm not 100% i'm INTJ.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I identify with INTP within MBTI and INTj within Socionics. The line-up WRT cognitive functions with the two types is supposedly the same: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe. (Well, according to what I've read online anyway!)

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
This one goes over subtypes. I found the Ne-subtype to fit me very well.
http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/14-Type-and-subtype-descriptions-Meged-Ovcharov

INTj is LII, it has Ti and Ne subtypes
INTp is ILI, it has Ni and Te subtypes

I fit the most in a mixture between LII (Ne subtype) and ILE (Ne subtype).
I have a strong Ne and usally it results in tests, so thanks Sulfit, i can definitely rule mbti/INTJ out, also because I have a lot of J qualities but if I think deeply I don't fit the whole type.
Bye.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I fit the most in a mixture between LII (Ne subtype) and ILE (Ne subtype).
I have a strong Ne and usally it results in tests, so thanks Sulfit, i can definitely rule mbti/INTJ out, also because I have a lot of J qualities but if I think deeply I don't fit the whole type.
Bye.
If you cannot decide between INTj (LII) and ENTp (ILE) from descriptions try the cognitive styles method: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/51-Forms-of-Cognition-by-Victor-Gulenko

INTj is Holographic-Panoramic while ENTp is Causal-Determinist
(this is easy way to tell difference between INTP and ENTP, easy that is if you understand your own cognition)