• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics and Quadrable's--Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta

Sunny Ghost

I'm trying to understand why/how these quadrable's exist? What do these groups share in common that makes it easy to let their guards down as well as have great relationships with one another?

Any insight?

ALPHA quadrable celebrities
ENTp, ISFp, ESFj and INTj celebrities...

BETA quadrable celebrities
ENFj, ISTj, ESTp and INFp celebrities...

GAMMA quadrable celebrities
ESFp, INTp, ENTj and ISFj celebrities...

DELTA quadrable celebrities
ESTj, INFj, ENFp and ISTp celebrities...

The socion (all 16 types) breaks up into four quadras of four types apiece. Each quadra consists of two dual pairs and contains the same four intertype relations — identity, duality, activation, and mirror. Each type within a quadra has the same four information elements in its ego and super-id blocks. This means that people from the same quadra share many of the same unspoken values. They can let down their guard around each other and be themselves without worrying that others will think poorly of them.

Individuals of the same quadra strive for a world where their four leading information elements are brought to the forefront and given the greatest freedom of expression while the other four are subdued and made to serve the leading four.

Informal small groups — such as friends that do something together regularly — tend to gravitate around a certain quadra that the greatest number of group members belong to. It is common to have "stragglers" — one or more people from other quadras that come along because they share a common interest and are willing to be a bit peripheral.

In the chart below, the order of elements is not significant. Note that all adjacent quadras share two dominant elements, while opposing quadras (1 and 3; 2 and 4) share no dominant elements. Click on the links to read descriptions of each quadra below.
quadra types
(see type chart) dominant
elements subdued
elements
1. Alpha ILE, SEI, ESE, LII extraverted intuition extraverted ethics introverted sensing introverted logic extraverted sensing extraverted logic introverted intuition introverted ethics
2. Beta EIE, LSI, SLE, IEI extraverted ethics extraverted sensing introverted logic introverted intuition extraverted logic extraverted intuition introverted ethics introverted sensing
3. Gamma SEE, ILI, LIE, ESI extraverted sensing extraverted logic introverted intuition introverted ethics extraverted intuition extraverted ethics introverted sensing introverted logic
4. Delta LSE, EII, IEE, SLI extraverted logic extraverted intuition introverted ethics introverted sensing extraverted ethics extraverted sensing introverted logic introverted intuition

The descriptions below are meant to hold true for all types within the quadra, not just those that have the elements shown as their first or second function. The phrase "X blocked with Y" means that two elements are always found in the same block of the socionic model of the psyche, implying that these aspects of reality are interconnected in the given quadra.

1. Alpha Quadra [top]

extraverted intuition blocked with introverted logic:
Types from the Alpha Quadra enjoy freely exchanging new ideas and theories as a form of intellectual leisure. They like to systematize knowledge and create new categories and speculative hypotheses without necessarily intending to see their theories tested or implemented (subdued extraverted logic).

extraverted ethics blocked with introverted sensing:
This quadra enjoys carefree emotional expression and sensory delights and is able to derive never-ending pleasure from simple things — funny stories, exotic dishes, family picnics and group outings, and visual and performing arts.

Subdued elements:
The Alpha Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of mercantilistic views, ostentatious displays of wealth and status symbols, rude and aggressive behavior, moral criticism, and people who suggest they are wasting their time on unproductive things.

Typical Alpha quadra group behavior:
Spontaneous, disorganized activities "for the fun of it." Light-hearted, non-serious atmosphere with very few "heavy" moments. Skipping from topic to topic without focusing on the implementation of conclusions reached.

2. Beta Quadra [top]

extraverted ethics blocked with introverted intuition:
This quadra encourages dramatic self-expression with elements of theatricism and melodrama. They enjoy finding artistic means to express romantic, abstract ideals and feelings.

extraverted sensing blocked with introverted logic:
Types from the Beta Quadra are drawn to hierarchical structures that increase their personal power. They like to see convictions and beliefs materialized physically in the real world. They are often starkly blunt in their views and like "strong" humor.

Subdued elements:
The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs.

Typical Beta quadra group behavior:
Lengthy, theatrical monologues. Loud, hearty laughter. Importance given to group rituals such as those related to food and drink. Displays of great generosity and inclusion, but with the demand of emotional involvement in group. Rowdiness. Generally theatrical atmosphere, but with periodic moments of "dead seriousness."

3. Gamma Quadra [top]

extraverted sensing blocked with introverted ethics:
Types from the Gamma Quadra have a realistic, materialistic outlook on life, relationships, and society and tend to view life as a marketplace where forcefulness, positive thinking, social maneuvering, hustle and bustle, and direct humor get you where you need to go.

extraverted logic blocked with introverted intuition:
This quadra believes that ideas and fortuitous events should be turned into something profitable and marketable — something that does some kind of work for people. The Gamma Quadra values self-sacrifice in the name of serving society.

Subdued elements:
The Gamma Quadra looks down on indulging in self-centered pleasures and in engaging in activities unrelated to society's needs.

Typical Gamma quadra group behavior:
Trading jokes on materialistic topics (money, sex, winning and losing). Rowdiness and drivenness. Prefer socializing in smaller groups (about six people or less) and planning and carrying out productive activities together.

4. Delta Quadra [top]

extraverted logic blocked with introverted sensing:
Types from the Delta Quadra value pragmatism, hard work, beautifully functional items, and earthy humor and enjoy "productive" relationships where people do projects together. They are usually emotionally subdued and like to discuss topics seriously with the intention of implementing their conclusions.

extraverted intuition blocked with introverted ethics:
Types of this quadra enjoy discussing people, internal motivation, and self-development. They believe in peaceful self-government without coercion and in the inherent potential of each human being for personal fulfillment.

Subdued elements:
The Delta Quadra doesn't appreciate high ideals or abstractions that don't relate well to real life. They also don't like large institutions or power systems that do not take into consideration the interests of separate individuals.

Typical Delta quadra group behavior:
Discussion of interesting facts about people and places. Enjoy group outdoor activities. "Live and let live" attitude. Engage only in "productive" activities and discussions. Prefer smaller groups. Emotionally subdued; generally serious, but with periodic funny moments.

Sunny Ghost

Perhaps I can figure this out on my own... let's see...

ENTP--Ne/Ti/Fe/Si
ISFP--Fi/Se/Ni/Te
ESFJ--Fe/Si/Ne/Ti
INTJ--Ni/Te/Fi/Se

None of us share any of the same functions... there fore none of our functions compete... but rather supplement the others?

I have noticed I get along very very well with these particular types, and for the same reasons MBTI offered...

for me as an ISFP, the ENTP is the novelty personality--we're intriguingly different to one another.
for me with an ESFJ--we're contrast personalities, being point and counterpoint on each function.
for me with an INTJ--supplement relationship, like pal's (which for me is an ESFP) but farther removed, each adding to the others strength.

and for the ENTP, the INTJ is his contrast, the ESFJ is his supplement, and then the ISFP--the novelty.

and then so on...

and where two of use are similar in primary function, the other two are similar in their tertiary function. ISFP and ESFJ leading in feeling function, but INTJ and ENTP using it in tertiary. while INTJ and ENTP lead with intuitive functions, ISFP and ESFJ have it as a tertiary...

i still don't get it. do ISFPs and ESFJs bring out a softer side in INTJs and ENTPs? i've noticed this myself... but it's funny to see it as a grouping.

KDude

Before you get into Socionics, it might be best to forget about MBTI. Generally speaking, it's not drastically different, but there's enough differences in function order/definitions that you'll only get confused if you keep MBTI in your head at the same time.

Just to illustrate, Socionics ISFps are Si-Fe-Ni-Te. Not Se-Fi-Ni-Te

INTj is Ti-Ne-Fi-Se

There are reasons for this, but I'm really tired atm :cool: Wikisocon will help though.

Sunny Ghost

Before you get into Socionics, it might be best to forget about MBTI. Generally speaking, it's not drastically different, but there's enough differences in function order/definitions that you'll only get confused if you keep MBTI in your head at the same time.

Just to illustrate, Socionics ISFps are Si-Fe-Ni-Te. Not Se-Fi-Ni-Te

INTj is Ti-Ne-Fi-Se

There are reasons for this, but I'm really tired atm :cool: Wikisocon will help though.

i took a socionics test prior to reading... but didn't realize the functions were different. i suppose i'll have to read their descriptions for the functions then... cause Si/Fe just doesn't sound very right in MBTI terms for me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Members of the same quadra value similar functions. Valued functions are functions 1, 2, 5, and 6 in socionics model A.

Functions 1 (base) & 2 (creative) make up the ego block. They are strong functions that the person also values.

Functions 5 (dual seeking) & 6 (hidden agenda) make up the Super ID block. They are weak functions but we value them in other people. Thus we seek others who have these functions in their ego block.

According to Wikisocion regarding quadras:

A possible explanation for quadra values is that the valued elements are either in the ego functions, which are conscious and strong, or the Super-Id functions, which are unconscious and weak. Because one naturally likes to have conscious control in the area of their strengths, the ego functions are valued. Similarly, because conscious engagement of one's weaknesses is painful, the conscious Super-Ego functions are subdued, and the unconscious super-id functions valued. This is directly related to the idea of complementarity, which implies that duals allow the best possible environment for each other to develop their strengths, and at the same time, support their weaknesses in a healthy way.

Members of the alpha quadra (INTj/LII, ENTp/ILE, ISFp/SEI, ESFj/ESE) value Ti, Ne, Fe, and Si

Members of the beta quadra (ISTj/LSI, ESTp/SLE, INFp/IEI, ENFj/EIE) value Ti, Se, Fe, and Ni

Members of the gamma quadra (INTp/ILI, ENTj/LIE, ISFj/ESI, ESFp/SEE) value Ni, Te, Se, and Fi

Members of the delta quadra (ISTp/SLI, ESTj/LSE, INFj/EII, ENFp/IEE) value Si, Te, Ne, and Fi

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Weak/valued are basically what we know of as the tertiary and inferior.

All four "valued" are what Beebe calls "ego-syntonic", and the "subdued" are "ego-dystonic" or the shadows.
While I have not seen any well-known theorist directly spell this out, the "strong/weak" divide is implicitly apparent in the extended MBTI theory, where the dominant ("hero") and aux ("parent") are more mature and confident; the tertiary ("child") and inferior ("anima") are more immature and vulnerable. The shadows basically parallel these, with the Oppositional (negative hero) and Witch/Senex (critical parent) being more confident, but in a negative way, and the Trickster (negative child) and Demon (negative anima) compensating for vulnerability in a very reactive way.

Heres a way we can think of them:
1/2: ♦ diamonds: the ego's most cherished goals (strong/valued)
3/4: ♥ hearts: the vulnerable, innocent area (weak/valued)
5/6: â™  spades (sharp weapon; strong/subdued)
7/8: ♣ clubs (blunt weapon; weak/subdued)

Type A is similar to Lenore Thomson's "lasagna" model, in that the functions usually listed as #3 and 4 are actually #7 and 8 in Beebe's model (the "shadows" of 3 & 4). This threw me off as well, so INTj (TiNeFiSe) looked like a cross between INTJ and INTP, as the first two fit INTP, but the second two fit INTJ , but the second two are not claimed to be the tertiary and inferior; they are the weak/subdued, and would fit the Trickster and Demon or "right brain alternatives" (even if they are not described that way), thus completely matching MBTI INTP. (Where the ambiguity really occurs is in the descriptions of function-attitudes themselves, where Ti and Ne are said to behave more like Te and Ni, respectively; at least in some people's claims).

So the Quadras are just a neat grouping of the four types that share the same four ego-syntonic functions.
They basically pair up Keirsey's "Intelligence Variants":

(In MBTI/Keirsey notation):
Alpha: SFJ/NTP
Beta: NFJ/STP
Gamma: SFP/NTJ
Delta: NFP/STJ

Sunny Ghost

hey! thanks for the input, guys. much appreciated.

i've got to go for now, but will return to it later tonight.

Sunny Ghost

hey! thanks for the input, guys. much appreciated.

i've got to go for now, but will return to it later tonight.

Sunny Ghost

So the Quadras are just a neat grouping of the four types that share the same four ego-syntonic functions.
They basically pair up Keirsey's "Intelligence Variants":

(In MBTI/Keirsey notation):
Alpha: SFJ/NTP
Beta: NFJ/STP
Gamma: SFP/NTJ
Delta: NFP/STJ
you lost me here... i don't understand this chart above.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Perhaps I can figure this out on my own... let's see...

ENTP--Ne/Ti/Fe/Si
ISFP--Fi/Se/Ni/Te
ESFJ--Fe/Si/Ne/Ti
INTJ--Ni/Te/Fi/Se

None of us share any of the same functions... there fore none of our functions compete... but rather supplement the others?

I have noticed I get along very very well with these particular types, and for the same reasons MBTI offered...

for me as an ISFP, the ENTP is the novelty personality--we're intriguingly different to one another.
for me with an ESFJ--we're contrast personalities, being point and counterpoint on each function.
for me with an INTJ--supplement relationship, like pal's (which for me is an ESFP) but farther removed, each adding to the others strength.

and for the ENTP, the INTJ is his contrast, the ESFJ is his supplement, and then the ISFP--the novelty.

and then so on...

and where two of use are similar in primary function, the other two are similar in their tertiary function. ISFP and ESFJ leading in feeling function, but INTJ and ENTP using it in tertiary. while INTJ and ENTP lead with intuitive functions, ISFP and ESFJ have it as a tertiary...

i still don't get it. do ISFPs and ESFJs bring out a softer side in INTJs and ENTPs? i've noticed this myself... but it's funny to see it as a grouping.

Yeah, a quadra is formed by two given types whose base and creative are each other base and creative, plust their two dual types (that's just one definition, you can start where you want, of course). They're not easy to understand on a practical level, because it seems that intra-quadra interactions become smooth with no strong effort from either side, thus it's hard to analytically decompose how each type helps the others.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Socionics makes some pretty simple ideas look like some complex math formula. Is it just me who finds it annoying ?!

Sunny Ghost

Yeah, a quadra is formed by two given types whose base and creative are each other base and creative, plust their two dual types (that's just one definition, you can start where you want, of course). They're not easy to understand on a practical level, because it seems that intra-quadra interactions become smooth with no strong effort from either side, thus it's hard to analytically decompose how each type helps the others.

well, if my MBTI ENTP, ESFJ and INTJ friends are still socionics ENTp, ESFj, and INTj, then I can understand this, simply due to experience. plus, it matches up with well mbti's novelty, contrast and supplement relationships.

my personal experience with ENTP's, for instance, is that there definitely is an intriguing sort of lure to these types, and i believe they feel the same towards me. because we're intrigued and see in each other qualities we ourselves wish we had, we leave a comfortable air where we can get along very easily and not offend the other.

with ESFJ's, we can get along quite smoothly and have quite a comfortable relationship... however, there isn't typically much on a deeper plane. usually a lack of connection. our Fi/Se and Fe/Si compliment, but clash at the same time. i've dated a few of these types, and also my sister is an ESFJ... it's as though their Fe will find a way to not mind our Se, and the ISFP's Fi can be sympathetic towards their Si.

with INTJ's, we get along... will have spontaneous get togethers... but it's almost as if we enjoy fighting with one another. we try to help the other see our side. and in this way, we sort of supplement, or rather support the other with our own strengths. with the INTJ i knew in real life, we fought a lot (not like angry fighting though), and would have many debates with one another... but we ultimately enjoyed one anothers company... though we could sometimes tire the other out.
it matches this activation relationship socionics describes:
Activation
[top] Partners are good at helping solve each other's real-life problems and are able to be open with one another without causing misunderstandings. Thus, discussing life and solving problems is very rewarding and productive. When doing complex projects together that require lots of planning and commitment, however, partners discover that they have different rhythms and that minor misunderstandings constantly arise. Partners tend to take each other too literally and act on each other's recommendations too quickly, leading to disappointment when the other doesn't follow through or makes changes to his plans. Also, communication tends to be either too intense or too slow. Partners rev each other up mentally and physically and then need to increase the psychological distance to relax and return to a state of equilibrium.
http://www.socionics.us/relations.shtml#6

Here are some MBTI relationship descriptions:
For types that have no difference is called the identify

* Identity - same types; a typological mirror-image. e.g. INTJ - INTJ

For types differing by one preference

* E/I - Pal - work and play well together; minimal natrual type conflict.
* N/S - Neighbor - arrive at the same place by variant processes.
* T/F - Compansion - similar modes of expression; bear each other's company well.
* J/P - Complement - compatible strengths with opposite emphases.

For types differing by 2 preferences

* E/I and N/S - Counterpart - perform similar functions in totally different realms.
* E/I and T/F - Tribesman - share a sense of culture, but with different interests and abilities.
* E/I and J/P - Contrast - point and counterpoint on each function.
* N/S and T/F - Enigma - a puzzle; totally foreign in nearly every facet.
* N/S and J/P - Suitemate - A person one might be comfortable sharing an office. Prefer similar climates, but don't necessarily have much in common as far as goals or world views.
* T/F and J/P - Advisor - each has an area of insight that the other lacks.

For types differing by 3 preferences

* E/I, T/F, and J/P - Pedagogue - each is both the other's mentor and student; has a "parent to child" feel.
* E/I, N/S, and J/P - Cohort - mutually drawn into experiential escapades.
* E/I, N/S, and T/F - Novelty - intriguingly different; interestingly so.
* N/S, T/F, and J/P - Supplement - like Pal, but functions are farther removed; each can add to the other's strengths.

For types differeing by all 4 preferences:

* Anima - fits Dr Beebe's description of the anima/anumus; each is the other's inferior (4th) function.

Sunny Ghost

i thought i might post the socionics relationsips as well.... though i've yet to fully decipher which type of relationships these are describing asides from the Identity (duh) and activation relationships (S/N, F/T, P/J).

Identity
[top] Two like-minded partners who strive to occupy similar social niches. Understand each others motives and goals and easily become jealous of each other's successes, especially if partners have the same social status. Good for occasionally touching base and sharing experiences, and for teaching purposes — if one partner is older and more experienced. Difficult for doing multi-faceted tasks together; partners quickly tire of each other, and cooperation tends to break down if they have the same status. Partners tend to talk only on subjects related to their mutual strengths and avoid other topics. They are not able to help solve each others' real problems and can only offer general advice and relate personal experience. In group settings identity partners who are already personally acquainted tend to avoid one other.
Kindred
[top] Like-minded partners with similar views and thinking styles but with different emphases within their common spheres of interest. Generally enjoy discussing their views, but rarely are able to arrive at a complete consensus or make decisions jointly. Less competition and avoidance of each other in groups than identity partners, but also less teaching potential. Partners tire of each other after a couple hours of contact. Cooperation is possible if formalized and if partners are able to maintain their autonomy.
Business
[top] Partners are interested in many of the same areas, but approach them in completely different ways. Partners are generally impressed with and value one another's strengths at a distance, but find it difficult to get any practical benefit for themselves from these strengths. Partners cannot form anything more than a superficial relationship with each other.
Super-ego
[top] Each partner is the embodiment of many qualities the other wishes he had and tries unsuccessfully to develop in himself. Talking about these respective strengths can be enthralling if partners find interest in each other. If partners have a common mission, they cover each others' weak areas, making for a powerful team. However, close cooperation and ironing out details is difficult, as partners can't agree on principles. Conflicts and disagreements between super-ego partners are out in the open and are usually discussed very vocally, at times causing heated arguments without a clear winner.

Duality
[top]
Generally very enjoyable and rewarding relationship, especially if partners share common values and interests. Partners strive to shorten the psychological distance and enjoy simply being around each other and doing a wide range of activities together. Effective cooperation takes place automatically, with each partner taking on what he is best at. If partners share common interests, they also have productive discussions where they help each other see things from different complementary viewpoints. Partners relax each other and help release pent-up thoughts and emotions, but seldom feel like straining themselves and doing hard work together. Duality is by far the best relationship for restoring emotional equilibrium, developing spontaneity and natural personality traits, and overcoming fears and complexes.
More on duality and dual relations
Partial duality
[top]

Similar to duality in providing meaningful psychological support and important insight along with an element of mutual fascination. However, complete unity and balance are unattainable. Partners are drawn to different groups of people and internally are not as committed or devoted to each other as might be implied during their moments of resonance and self-disclosure. Partners tend to talk much and do little, as if avoiding a common area of weakness.
Mirage
[top] Partners are able to provide meaningful assistance in each other's areas of weakness, often making for fruitful cooperation in getting things done. Partners find each other useful, but almost never fascinating (i.e. someone who you would want to get to know deeply). Thus, partners tend to do more and talk less.
Extinguishment
[top] Partners feel a strange draw to each other that seems to promise much but never delivers. Partners seem to be interested in the same fields and have similar yearnings, but they describe things in a strange and fascinating, but ultimately unfathomable way. Expectations that go beyond having an interesting conversation are almost never met.
Activation
[top] Partners are good at helping solve each other's real-life problems and are able to be open with one another without causing misunderstandings. Thus, discussing life and solving problems is very rewarding and productive. When doing complex projects together that require lots of planning and commitment, however, partners discover that they have different rhythms and that minor misunderstandings constantly arise. Partners tend to take each other too literally and act on each other's recommendations too quickly, leading to disappointment when the other doesn't follow through or makes changes to his plans. Also, communication tends to be either too intense or too slow. Partners rev each other up mentally and physically and then need to increase the psychological distance to relax and return to a state of equilibrium.
Request (+/-)
[top] Asymmetric relationship. One partner (the recipient) finds he is constantly trying to solve the other person's (the transmitter's) problems and is overly emotionally involved in the other partner's life — always waiting for a reward from the transmitter. The transmitter, on the other hand, is largely unaware of this and wonders why the recipient is so dependent and so sensitive to the things he (the transmitter) says.
Quasi-identity
[top] Partners seem to share broad areas of interest in a way that is similar to identity or kindred partners. However, the language they formulate their thoughts in is hopelessly different and hard to digest at a close psychological distance. Moreover, partners are drawn to opposing social groups where the other partner does not feel comfortable. Partners are unable to provide meaningful support and have to strain to reach a mutual understanding.
Mirror
[top]

Partners can be themselves around each other without causing misunderstandings. Partners have a correct intuitive understanding of each other and are rarely surprised by anything the other does or says. Arguments are very rare. They always have things to say on the same topics and easily come to a consensus, but at the same time put opposite emphasis on things, creating a revisionary effect. These relations are highly verbally oriented, with partners discussing their hobby topics (and avoiding most others) and revising and adding to each other's views. Partners tire from the discussionary nature of the relationship and try to separate for work and rest. Partners immediately liven up when someone else shows up who is the dual of one and the activator of the other partner.
Supervision (+/-)
[top] Asymmetric relationship. One partner (the recipient) feels like he is being watched closely by the other (the transmitter) and becomes overly self-conscious and defensive or apologetic. The transmitter doesn't appreciate most of what the recipient does and underestimates his abilities and personal qualities, which hurts the recipient's self-esteem and can lead to long-lasting scars. The transmitter is surprised by the recipient's sensitivity and doesn't know what to do about it. The recipient feels like he can't take any initiative when he is around the transmitter, who wonders why the recipient doesn't do anything on his own. Difficult relations for a close or medium psychological distance.
Conflict
[top] Both partners seem to monitor each other's weak areas. This prevents conflicts from coming out into the open, since both partners feel too unsure of themselves to discuss their relationship effectively. As a result, conflicts stew beneath the surface — causing pain and long-lasting offense (if partners expect anything of each other) — without any hope of resolution. Initially partners may attract each other from a distance because they are such opposites, but their language and thought patterns are hopelessly difficult to digest at a close psychological distance. At best partners may have occasional rare moments of resonance when both are in a strange mood and begin to talk about life without focusing attention on one another.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you lost me here... i don't understand this chart above.
Is it that list you don't understand; or did you mean the card suits?
This list seems pretty clear. Those are the four three-letter groups in MBTI that correspond to the four quadras.
SFJ and NTP have in common Fe, Si, Ne and Ti; though in different orders.

Sunny Ghost

Is it that list you don't understand; or did you mean the card suits?
This list seems pretty clear. Those are the four three-letter groups in MBTI that correspond to the four quadras.
SFJ and NTP have in common Fe, Si, Ne and Ti; though in different orders.

no, the card suits i understood...

i'm not an SFJ though... and INTJ's aren't NTP's... so i'm lost on that translation.

KDude

no, the card suits i understood...

i'm not an SFJ though... and INTJ's aren't NTP's... so i'm lost on that translation.

Alpha NTs are ENTp and INTj

ENTp is Ne Ti and INTj is their introverted counterpart.

INTj functions are Ti Ne, and they are Ti and Ne in just about the same way they're defined in MBTI. INTjs are only called "j" because their first function is a judging function (Ti). It has no relation with the MBTI assignment of "J-ness".

Extroverted Intuition
Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators (lol). Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

Introverted Logic
Ti is generally associated with the ability to recognize logical consistency and correctness, generate and apply classifications and systems, organize systematic and conceptual understanding, see logical connections between things (including logical similarities, differences, and correlations) by means of instinctive feelings of validity, symmetry, and even beauty. It is like common sense, in that it builds on one's expectations of reality, through a somewhat personal, though explicable, understanding of general truths and how they are manifested.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Introverted Logic
Ti is generally associated with the ability to recognize logical consistency and correctness, generate and apply classifications and systems, organize systematic and conceptual understanding, see logical connections between things (including logical similarities, differences, and correlations) by means of instinctive feelings of validity, symmetry, and even beauty. It is like common sense, in that it builds on one's expectations of reality, through a somewhat personal, though explicable, understanding of general truths and how they are manifested.

I have never seen this part of me as common sense strangely enough. The most confusing part is "correctness" because most of this world is opinion. So for every situation there is a huge multitude of correctness based on opinion. I huge logical structure based on opinion because the outcome changes. So it really has to be general truths so it can be adaptable as things change.

Duality
[top]
Generally very enjoyable and rewarding relationship, especially if partners share common values and interests. Partners strive to shorten the psychological distance and enjoy simply being around each other and doing a wide range of activities together. Effective cooperation takes place automatically, with each partner taking on what he is best at. If partners share common interests, they also have productive discussions where they help each other see things from different complementary viewpoints. Partners relax each other and help release pent-up thoughts and emotions, but seldom feel like straining themselves and doing hard work together. Duality is by far the best relationship for restoring emotional equilibrium, developing spontaneity and natural personality traits, and overcoming fears and complexes.

I like this description of duality. Especially the bolded part.

Sunny Ghost

Alpha NTs are ENTp and INTj

ENTp is Ne Ti and INTj is their introverted counterpart.

INTj functions are Ti Ne, and they are Ti and Ne in just about the same way they're defined in MBTI. INTjs are only called "j" because their first function is a judging function (Ti). It has no relation with the MBTI assignment of "J-ness".

Extroverted Intuition
Ne is generally associated with the ability to recognize possibilities, create new opportunities and new beginnings, recognize talent and natural propensities in others, reconcile differing perspectives and viewpoints, rapidly generate ideas, and be led by one's intellectual curiosity and stimulate curiosity in others. They enjoy discussing unusual insights into the nature of the world and crazy out-there ideas, like space elevators (lol). Typical Ne quadra humor juxtaposes seemingly unrelated phenomena.

Introverted Logic

so in this case, the socionics INTj is an mbti INTP?

is a socionics ENTp and mbti ENTJ?

I have never seen this part of me as common sense strangely enough. The most confusing part is "correctness" because most of this world is opinion. So for every situation there is a huge multitude of correctness based on opinion. I huge logical structure based on opinion because the outcome changes. So it really has to be general truths so it can be adaptable as things change.
well, i suppose socionics Ti is more like mbti Te...

i really don't know if i can devote more energy to socionics. got too much mbti in my brain.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
well, i suppose socionics Ti is more like mbti Te...

i really don't know if i can devote more energy to socionics. got too much mbti in my brain.

They are similiar, to me Te is more about truths, which is different then correctness. Te also seems stuck on a single logical view point of a system as it is more external goal oriented. Lets take efficiency and Te. When you get into different people, expending more energy may be more efficient then expending less energy. Since we are on the subject of duals I have had a dual pretty much "give" me energy by expending it, where as a Te would have looked at my problem from a logical standpoint and tried to figure out how to do it without spending much energy. Took the ENFP about an hour and I was so charged up I couldnt sleep that night and the problems I was having due to my energy being drained went away. Te would have actually tried to analyze, provide a solution, blah, blah, blah.

For me I would have listened, gave my opinion or point of view. Soem things I would possibly try, but at the end of the day I am not set on providing a solution. Not providing a solution to Te is "wasted" energy. But at the end of the day I didnt expend much personally as understanding internal thinking takes no energy, and most of the time people just want to be heard and understood.

I havent spent much time on socionics. It seems like a mixed bag compared to what I naturally see which makes some of it match up and some of it not. MBTI seems more complete with what I see and understand. I prefer to stick with MBTI functions, and learn to recognize people on my own using a loosely based type description. More focusing on how they interact with others.