• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics and Quadrable's--Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta

KDude

ENTP is not ENTj. We already have an ENTj here who also posts on a socionics board (FDG) who will confirm to you he's ENTJ in both systems. We have Z who's INTJ and INTp there as well.

The easiest way to go about it though is quadra values. Gamma NTs like discussing ideas like an ENTP might, but they have a heavier interest in terms of practical, political, or monetary concerns. They're called "light researchers" in Socionics, while ENTps are heavy researchers, and part of the Alpha segment of NTs who enjoy theory and Ne ideas just for the fun of it. Ni Te Se Fi (all Gamma values) is more goal driven, just like MBTI NTJs.

Gamma types like to talk about where present trends are leading in terms of potentially profitable events and undertakings.
Gamma types tend to give more value to ideas and concepts that are firmly connected to factual information

Alpha types are inclined to discuss highly theoretical concepts as a source of intellectual stimulation and fun rather than for their practical merits.

And they are generally not socialable in the same way as ENTP.

Groups made up of primarily Gamma types tend to be small in size; perhaps 6 at most. Laughter and very obvious displays of emotion are subdued, instead, there is a lot of smiling, amusement with ironic and witty remarks or, when serious subjects or not very happy personal experiences are discussed, a serious demeanour. Even such small groups tend to split into smaller ones; perhaps 3 is the ideal "group" size for Gammas.

Group discussions are focused on exchange of information and ideas on subjects of mutual interest, discussing and planning activities together, or on personal experiences. The latter are usually discussed not with the purpose of making people laugh or to boast one's position but to get an insight into the lessons to be drawn from such experiences.

Gammas usually dislike being "drawn" into larger groups where loud exchanges of jokes and quick shifting of one subject to the other are the norm, as in a large dinner table in an informal environment, especially if the group is also somewhat "artificial" as in work colleagues or business partners where personal relationships weren't really spontaneously formed. In such situations, Gammas will tend to focus on the persons sitting immediately near them in order to engage them in more individual conversations or will tend to remain mostly silent, not really participating in the group atmosphere, making the impression of being "introverts" in the everyday meaning of the term.

Once a group is formed, it tends to be wary for some time of "newcomers", being neither exclusive nor inclusive on purpose. Conversations often focus on trends regarding material and yet personal issues, such as career prospects and developments, success or failure of financial investments and enterprises, and the future prospects of romantic relationships, as well as the reasons for the failure of past ones. In more light-hearted moments, such talks get a "bawdy" flavor with some slight teasing.

Other subjects tend to focus on internal work politics from the point of view of how it jeopardizes general efficiency, the nonsense of bureaucracy, and how to be better than competitors.

Sunny Ghost

all this switching from mbti to socionics talk is really confusing.

The easiest way to go about it though is quadra values. Gamma NTs like discussing ideas like an ENTP might, but they have a heavier interest in terms of practical, political, or monetary concerns. They're called "light researchers" in Socionics, while ENTps are heavy researchers, and part of the Alpha segment of NTs who enjoy theory and Ne ideas just for the fun of it. Ni Te Se Fi (all Gamma values) is more goal driven, just like MBTI NTJs.
perhaps it's because it's late... but i'm lost. :frown:

mbti ENTP is more likely a gamma quadrable and are light researchers...

while mbti ENTJ is more likely an alpha quadrable and are heavy researchers?

KDude

It's OK :)

ENTj and INTp is more likely to be ENTJ and INTJ in MBTI
ENTp and INTj is more likely to be ENTP and INTP in MBTI

It's not always the case for some (odd) reason, but you should keep it as a rule of thumb. The only reason why INTp is called "p" is because they are Ni dominant (a percieving function..). And INTj is j because of their leading Ti, a judging function. It's kind of confusing, but you get used to it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so you believe socionics Te is similar to mbti Te? i haven't read enough to come to my own conclusions yet.

so as an ISTP male, you find ENFP females exhausting?

I never really liked socionics functions. I like there interpersonal relationships though. They appear to match up with MBTI types better when you use MBTI functions to determine type instead of just descriptions. I tested ISTP in both, but I dont really get socionics functions. I spent some time last year looking into it all, but gave up lost. The positioning of functions really lost me. I dont shift mentally in that fashion.

I dont find ENFPs exhausting at all. I can easily keep up with them without getting exhausted. I cant even come close to matching them same function for same function, not even remotely. But when I reach a point I cant keep up it doesnt drain me in the least. I find people who dont think for themselves extremely exhausting, ENFPs appear to think for themself. Even when I try to figure them out the most it does is confuse the crap outta me, but not drain me.