• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI vs. Socionics: Which one is better?

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I prefer Socionics. However, they both give me that general "This is NOT empirical science... approach with caution" vibe.

jaana-frieda

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
MBTI on the other hand is far more widely known as a theory. It's far easier to find people to discuss MBTI than socionics. MBTI is more accessible and easier to grasp. Alot of socionics is in Russian and when its translated to English, the translation is often poor. It's harder to find good, reliable socionics tests.

I'm also active on the socionics forum, the16types.info/vbulletin I enjoy the forum and the discussions the arise there. But since there's not a whole lot of literature out there (at least the stuff that's translated in English), there's alot more speculation and conjecture. Alot of the stuff I read on that forum is quite abstract and hard to grasp without any good, specific examples. There isn't even always a good general consensus on what some of the basic terms even really mean, which adds to the confusion.

100% agreed. I'm a native Russian, and have spent whole my life in Russia, and so I can compare the texts on both languages. I have come to this forum occasionally from Google in search on the hidden agendas of MBTI types. There's not much information about it on socionics sites, and I need it for my friends have asked me to clear a specific question on "Reinin's signs".
I don't think there's much information on the subject of Reinin's signs in socionics in English, though right now on russian socionics forum's there's a huge discussion about it going on. So the MBTI and socionics differ in many ways for me, both in the approach and the subject.
Btw, i don't like much either MBTI or soconics, I'm just curious:) Sometimes. When been asked :)