• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJ Socionics Subtypes?

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I found this...

Questions & Answers

on Socionics.com and immediately felt it was extremely true in what I've seen in differences amongst INFJs. Does anyone know anything else about this? I haven't found any other info on it anywhere, nor have I found much info on subtypes for other types.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well, first of all... you should be aware that INFJ =/= INFj. Socionic functions don't even mean the same thing as MBTI functions at this point, despite being similar due to having common Jungian roots.

Secondly, if you're referring to Socionic INFj's (EII) specifically, then I would agree. This does tend to show a common difference I've noticed between them. But MBTI INFJs are not necessarily EIIs, although they can be. INFPs, and possibly other types, could also be EIIs.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
The functions are opposite for the types between Socionics and MBTI, but the essential characteristics of the type are relatively the same overall (i.e. type profiles). But disregarding MBTI and Socionics differences, I find breaking down INFJ (or any type) into subtypes really intriguing. Eh part of the problem is the link didn't work right... I'll edit the post to fix it. The link lists character trait/lifestyle type differences between what are noted as two different subtypes for INFJ (Fi in Socionics or Ne in Socionics). Fi subtypes are more quiet, while Ne subtypes are more outgoing, etc, etc.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree there are two subtypes. One is much more restrained and ascetic, similar to INTj and the other is more outwardly friendly and fun-loving. But the way socionics names them, the first would be the Fi subtype and the second would be the Ne subtype. It seems it should be the reverse, but I have yet to find out why they named them that way.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Behavioral traits for both socionics INFp and MBTI INFP, for example, are the same. And I think Jung would consider the stereotypical behavior of an INFP to be more related to his Ni concept than Fi.

This socionics site is far more in depth and accurate.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, first of all... you should be aware that INFJ =/= INFj. Socionic functions don't even mean the same thing as MBTI functions at this point, despite being similar due to having common Jungian roots.

Secondly, if you're referring to Socionic INFj's (EII) specifically, then I would agree. This does tend to show a common difference I've noticed between them. But MBTI INFJs are not necessarily EIIs, although they can be. INFPs, and possibly other types, could also be EIIs.

Sorry I don't have a ton of experience with Socionics (know most of the Socionics.com subpages off-hand, but haven't read into it a ton outside of that). EII subtypes is what it seems to be (I poked around Google results for socionics subtypes) :redface: thanks :) ...
Category:Subtype descriptions - Wikisocion

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
I agree there are two subtypes. One is much more restrained and ascetic, similar to INTj and the other is more outwardly friendly and fun-loving. But the way socionics names them, the first would be the Fi subtype and the second would be the Ne subtype. It seems it should be the reverse, but I have yet to find out why they named them that way.

Agreed... you'd think an F subtype would be the more outgoing and the N the more innerly-focused. But, I'm guessing maybe because Ne is extroverted, that's why the Ne subtype is more outgoing/friendly/fun-loving/whatever and Fi is more introverted, that's why the frail appearance and quiet demeanor?

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Behavioral traits for both socionics INFp and MBTI INFP, for example, are the same. And I think Jung would consider the stereotypical behavior of an INFP to be more related to his Ni concept than Fi.

This socionics site is far more in depth and accurate.

Agreed that behavioral traits seem to match in both Socionics and MBTI for each type (despite the functional differences). I guess it's all just different interpretations of Jung's original concept, but with the same-ish basic outcome. I do like that socionics has sub-divided types into subtypes, because I have noticed that there seem to be different types within the types.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Agreed. Ni according to Jung is the dreamer, wanderer type which theoretically corresponds more with INFP than INFJ.

Agreed... you'd think an F subtype would be the more outgoing and the N the more innerly-focused. But, I'm guessing maybe because Ne is extroverted, that's why the Ne subtype is more outgoing/friendly/fun-loving/whatever and Fi is more introverted, that's why the frail appearance and quiet demeanor?

Hmmm...good thinking, that is probably what they were referring to; E vs. I. It just seems, based on my observations of the subtypes, that the "Ne" subtype actually has stronger F and the "Fi" subtype has stronger N.

fleurdujour

MBTI Type
INFJ
Agreed. Ni according to Jung is the dreamer, wanderer type which theoretically corresponds more with INFP than INFJ.

Hmmm...good thinking, that is probably what they were referring to; E vs. I. It just seems, based on my observations of the subtypes, that the "Ne" subtype actually has stronger F and the "Fi" subtype has stronger N.

Agreed.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

And Si is the aesthete or art connoisseur, more in line with ISxP. Fi is the loyalist or religious person -- more in tune with IxFJ.

In my opinion, Jung's concepts are deceitfully simple.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I would be the Fi subtype since I have only a very slight F preference (55%) but a strong N preference (80-85%). I've noticed I'm a lot more reserved than many other INFJs. I also took a cognitive processes test a while back, and I came out as:

Ni=24
Fi=24
Fe=22
Si=19
Ne=16
Ti=13
Se=11
Te=11

...and if you go by the typical order for INFJs, Fi is not even in the top four functions, and yet it shares my dominant, so I think that backs it up too (along with Se being switched with Si).

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, you seem that way to me. Creeping into Pee territory? :yes:
No, I have a very strong J preference (tests out at 80-90%), but my Enneagram is 9w1, so that tempers it a lot as far as keeping most of my views on things to myself, since for most of my life it's been pretty much impossible for anyone I've been around to understand me, so most of the time I just don't bother with it because I really don't like arguing.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Does anyone know anything else about this? I haven't found any other info on it anywhere, nor have I found much info on subtypes for other types.
There are good descriptions of subtypes for all types in this article: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/14-Subtype-descriptions-Meged-Ovcharov ... if you are INFJ read "Intuitive Ethical Introvert IEI" section, if you are INFP read "Ethical intuitive Introvert EII" section, if you are ENFP read under "Intuitive Ethical Extravert IEE", for ENFJs "Ethical Intuitive Extravert EIE".

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
All I want to know is why the outgoing type and chubby type have to go together?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "fat and happy" stereotype?

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5