• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

COME HERE NOW?!

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay, so what's the difference between SLE, SLI and LSE?

yeghor

Just to bump your thread so maybe someone else can reply.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a lot of differences tbh, I think the most helpful thing when considering these types would be to consider polR and ignoring functions. SLI and SLE are somewhat inverse of one another, being that SLI ignores Se influence (hence does not care as much about influencing others and asserting pressure despite being capable) and SLE ignores Si (hence may be less aware/concerned of comfort and health). If you can see yourself in both of these types, it's probably worth looking at LSE in particular, as both Si and Se are valued here and not in a position to be ignored. (ie. it would be the "happy medium" of these two types in terms of sensing functions). By not including LSI in this set, it can be assumed that you probably can see yourself through socionics Te usage. It may also be worth looking into valued vs. unvalued functions as well (ie. Would you consider traits defined by Fe to be an asset regardless of your personal ability in regards to it's usage? How about Fi? Ne? Playing around with these ideas should help you identify your polR function as well).

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's a lot of differences tbh, I think the most helpful thing when considering these types would be to consider polR and ignoring functions. SLI and SLE are somewhat inverse of one another, being that SLI ignores Se influence (hence does not care as much about influencing others and asserting pressure despite being capable) and SLE ignores Si (hence may be less aware/concerned of comfort and health).

If you can see yourself in both of these types, it's probably worth looking at LSE in particular, as both Si and Se are valued here and not in a position to be ignored. (ie. it would be the "happy medium" of these two types in terms of sensing functions).

By not including LSI in this set, it can be assumed that you probably can see yourself through socionics Te usage.

It may also be worth looking into valued vs. unvalued functions as well (ie. Would you consider traits defined by Fe to be an asset regardless of your personal ability in regards to it's usage? How about Fi? Ne? Playing around with these ideas should help you identify your polR function as well).

Ok, I'll break this up into points:

1. Yeah, so if we're taking SLI for an example and their Fe PoLR. I'm not generally an expressive person, but I sometimes have my moments. I know how to work a room, but I don't always do that obviously. Only really at social events, and when I have to. I think my Fe is probably 2D over 1D. It's bad, but not my weakest function. And as for the Se ignoring, I think my Se is too strong to just be ignored. I don't think my Si is 4D, but I don't know if I value it past 3D.

1a. The problem that I find with Si, is that people tend to have a hard time defining it. So for this topic, I'll just Wikisocion's definition:

The individual is naturally good at organizing relaxing activities and recreation and making sure people are calm and enjoying themselves, but displays this behavior and skill when he sees a specific need for it rather than doing it automatically, all the time. The individual does not place emphasis on being calm and balanced all the time, as opposed to those with Si as a leading function.

The individual is attuned to people's tastes and personal preferences and likes to do things for or give things to friends and family members that will cause them to enjoy themselves and gain pleasure. For example, creating a comfortable, clean, and spacious setting in the home, taking them out to do something they enjoy, or finding opportunities and people with whom they can pursue their hobbies.

So, Si = balance in short. I don't think that I visibly care about "balance" enough for it to be there as a base function. I'm not a very balanced person who cares about comfort from that perspective but again, the description is very vague.

2. I am thinking about LSE mainly because of Te usage. I think that as I said both my Se and Te are strong. The real thing I am having trouble to a point differentiating is Ti, but again, some of the descriptions are vague and some of them are badly translated from Russian. And yes, Re:Te, I think my Te is too strong to be LSI.

3. That's a good question. I think I don't value Fi much or Ne. I am creative, yes, and I am kinda visual but I'm not good at actually brainstorming possibilities. I think that if I a set idea, I want to stick with that. I can improvise and all that, but I prefer to stick to a path and do it in whatever time it takes to finish it. I am very specific and like to control everything.

4. Yes, I once typed SEE in Socionics but I realised that my Fi wasn't 3D at all, and that it was most likely going to be 1D/maybe 2D. I realised that my Se and Te were both very strong. Yeah, I thought about Delta (LSE) before, but I am super direct in general, very common sense based and practical. I'm not afraid to assert myself and disturb the piece and do things the way I want to though. I'm not much of a feeling based or a sentimental based person at all.

Cuz you told people to come (which, was hilarious.) Including those just as confused as you are. x'D

True xD

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok, I'll break this up into points:
Generally, I think what you've written definitely narrows this down to LSE and SLE then, since both specifically possess strong and prominent Se and Te. Of the types you mentioned, I figured SLI was going to be the odd one out lol.

1. Yeah, so if we're taking SLI for an example and their Fe PoLR. I'm not generally an expressive person, but I sometimes have my moments. I know how to work a room, but I don't always do that obviously. Only really at social events, and when I have to. I think my Fe is probably 2D over 1D. It's bad, but not my weakest function. And as for the Se ignoring, I think my Se is too strong to just be ignored. I don't think my Si is 4D, but I don't know if I value it past 3D.
This makes me think SLE might be a bit more likely for you (and if you're not relating super heavily to Ti, than SLE-Se or the dominant subtype (which would accent the presence and reliance of Se and Te) since that would generate a character most likely to straddle SLE and LSE. You could also apply these subtypes to LSE (or rather LSE-Te/Dominant), but this almost makes it sound as if you value, but weakly use Fe. Fe isn't really so much about expression by necessity as it is about being able to "read" the room at an emotional level and (often in the case of lower grade Fe) play with that environment sometimes in an almost impish fashion. Mentioning that you know how to work a room (unless you are specifically doing so exclusively through force and knowing where to push others to get them to behave in the way you wish) sounds like valued/more natural Fe. Not to project, but as a low Fe valuer myself, what you describe here is how I have specifically described my Fe.

So, Si = balance in short. I don't think that I visibly care about "balance" enough for it to be there as a base function. I'm not a very balanced person who cares about comfort from that perspective but again, the description is very vague.
Yeah that is rather short, but I think it does get to the point. From my understanding, Si brings an attention to specifically comfort, sensation, and a knowledge of how to use these things to generate the "ideal" environment. Sociotype.com describes it like this:
Sociotype.com said:
LSEs value safety, comfort, leisure, aesthetics, and a peaceable environment. They often place a great deal of importance on free time, commodious surroundings, and familial well-being. They often enjoy recreation with a physical element, including hiking, sports, etc. They often dress comfortably and inextravagantly, maintain a moderate focus on cleanliness, and seek to create a pleasant and functional environment. They may expend a large amount of their energy and focus to this end; their productive goals differ somewhat in this respect from those of LIEs, who often consider attention devoted to their surrounding environment somewhat wasteful.

LSEs usually exhibit a tendency to adhere to their own internal demands. Many LSEs recognize their leisure time as essential to their overall well-being, and may exhibit a need to fulfill certain internal obligations before other tasks are undertaken. They may eschew the methodology of others and rely on their own experience and knowledge to guide them. They may avoid implementing the work of others if it conflicts with their own needs for leisure and comfort. They may fall into routines to around which organize their work and lifestyle, and can resist deviation from these routines even when they are ineffectual.

Additionally, LSEs may seek to ensure the physical and overall well-being of their family members and loved ones, and naturally fit in to a "caregiver" role where their initiative and attentiveness to the needs of others are welcomed.
Understanding how descriptions like these work and where they tend to be flawed, we can assume that this doesn't necessarily be as family oriented. I think the important aspect this is the leisure and "doing what you want at your own pace" comes above specifically pushing your own agenda and not being naturally aware of your personal comfort by necessity (though being able to generate it if you really had to). Especially as a sp blind this would be an important distinction.

2. I am thinking about LSE mainly because of Te usage. I think that as I said both my Se and Te are strong. The real thing I am having trouble to a point differentiating is Ti, but again, some of the descriptions are vague and some of them are badly translated from Russian. And yes, Re:Te, I think my Te is too strong to be LSI.

3. That's a good question. I think I don't value Fi much or Ne. I am creative, yes, and I am kinda visual but I'm not good at actually brainstorming possibilities. I think that if I a set idea, I want to stick with that. I can improvise and all that, but I prefer to stick to a path and do it in whatever time it takes to finish it. I am very specific and like to control everything.

4. Yes, I once typed SEE in Socionics but I realised that my Fi wasn't 3D at all, and that it was most likely going to be 1D/maybe 2D. I realised that my Se and Te were both very strong. Yeah, I thought about Delta (LSE) before, but I am super direct in general, very common sense based and practical. I'm not afraid to assert myself and disturb the piece and do things the way I want to though. I'm not much of a feeling based or a sentimental based person at all.
Fascinating. It would be worth looking into Fi polR and seeing how naturally you understand the process of relational formation (as that is separated from chemistry and sx things, since I notice you type as sx dom). You sound like you could potentially be Fi polR, but again, I'm no expert.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Generally, I think what you've written definitely narrows this down to LSE and SLE then, since both specifically possess strong and prominent Se and Te. Of the types you mentioned, I figured SLI was going to be the odd one out lol.

This makes me think SLE might be a bit more likely for you (and if you're not relating super heavily to Ti, than SLE-Se or the dominant subtype (which would accent the presence and reliance of Se and Te) since that would generate a character most likely to straddle SLE and LSE. You could also apply these subtypes to LSE (or rather LSE-Te/Dominant), but this almost makes it sound as if you value, but weakly use Fe. Fe isn't really so much about expression by necessity as it is about being able to "read" the room at an emotional level and (often in the case of lower grade Fe) play with that environment sometimes in an almost impish fashion. Mentioning that you know how to work a room (unless you are specifically doing so exclusively through force and knowing where to push others to get them to behave in the way you wish) sounds like valued/more natural Fe. Not to project, but as a low Fe valuer myself, what you describe here is how I have specifically described my Fe.

Yeah that is rather short, but I think it does get to the point. From my understanding, Si brings an attention to specifically comfort, sensation, and a knowledge of how to use these things to generate the "ideal" environment.

Understanding how descriptions like these work and where they tend to be flawed, we can assume that this doesn't necessarily be as family oriented. I think the important aspect this is the leisure and "doing what you want at your own pace" comes above specifically pushing your own agenda and not being naturally aware of your personal comfort by necessity (though being able to generate it if you really had to). Especially as a sp blind this would be an important distinction.

Fascinating. It would be worth looking into Fi polR and seeing how naturally you understand the process of relational formation (as that is separated from chemistry and sx things, since I notice you type as sx dom). You sound like you could potentially be Fi polR, but again, I'm no expert.

Yeah. I thought that I'm not an Si base. I think that in general, I am too assertive and intense (also taking into account the sx part) and don't always seek comfort. Yeah, I am sometimes lazy but so is everyone. That has nothing to do with Si. People seek convenience at times too, but for various reasons and not just comfort. It can be economical as well. Stylistic. Yeah, someone is going to argue that convenience = Si but it's also about the motives. Socionics is about the IMEs and motives too. Not just definitions. It's about the parts making up the whole and how they manifest in the psyche. Hence why we have subtypes and main types.

As for SLE-Se, I have been thinking that if I am SLE because I don't care about Ti as much as I do Se, even though I seem to use a lot of it in my processing. Based on descriptions, I think I related more to SLE-Se and kinda Ti. Again, the descriptions are quite general (because they are descriptions and archetypes and not based off every test subject) and they can come across but yeah like you said, I relate some to the LSE-Te, but seemingly not as much. Like you, said, it's probably the Se subtype. Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that I use Fe weakly. But I can use it to entertain people yeah. Yeah that's what I also thought, people pay too much heed to the EXPRESSIVENESS OF FE and NOT THE IMPACT IT CAN HAVE EMOTIONALLY. Yeah, I get called a troll quite a bit, like to ruffle some feathers at times.

Yeah. If enough sources agree with someone, you can agree on a general definition, and get the key points from it. Yeah, I could be more comfortable than I am but I don't always seek out comfort unless I'm tired or sore. I think I am also kinda sp blind because I do lag behind in maintenance. I can do it, but I need to be more prepared in general, you know?

Yeah, I am not good at keeping relationships. I can just about do it, but it never works well and I can't maintain it for long at all. I prefer visible cues instead of guessing things.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Maybe you should see whether you relate to Delta or Beta more? What do you think of them?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe you should see whether you relate to Delta or Beta more? What do you think of them?
Deltas are boring, but I guess everyone thinks that. Deltas are too lax for me, they care too much about self-improvement. And they value Fi. I think that the Quadras also don't match up exactly a lot of the time because the descriptions can and will exaggerate parts of each Quadra to "equalize" them in a way. But Quadras aside, Beta NF are the only types (especially IEI) that I seem to get on with well, and who seem to delve into deeper subjects with me, for some reason. I just can't dig Delta NF (and their man/woman child attributes) in the same way. And ExI types seem to annoy me a lot in general, and they are kinda vague about their values and crap. I can't see them being my dual (okay, I know you're not meant to get on with them all the time, but I can't find anything that we both think about similarly).