• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other Socionics] Am I an IEI or something else entirely?

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am starting to think that I am an IEI/INFp. Maybe this just lines up with the suspicion that I have of me being an MBTI INFJ. I am thinking that if I am an IEI, I probably would be IEI-Fe.
Pros for Ni base:
I tend to be quite daydreamy and I tend to think in pictures. I am also rather future-oriented. I am curious and obsessive about what I am interested in. I am a very good creative writer; I come up with new stories easily.
Cons for Ni base:
I am not good at envisioning the future. I also "control" my daydreaming so that I can get things done. I tend to think in dichotomies a lot, which does not correspond well with Socionics Ni, especially Ni base. I also do not speak very metaphorically (which is associated with "N" types), unlike in my writings sometimes. I also have a good factual memory.
Pros for Fe creative:
I can seem more social than I actually am when I am with my friends (ambiverted tendencies). I am very emotionally expressive. I also used to be interested in politics in the way that Beta types do, especially Beta NFs. I cared about certain issues in the world with the desire to make it right. That being said, I do not intend to act on this desire because I want to be pragmatic in my future actions.
Cons for Fe creative:
I focus on my own system of morality more than I focus on influencing the emotions of a group. I do not monitor the emotional state of the group; I am not good at reading "the room" or people. I am not great at influencing the emotions of other people.
Pros for Ti HA:
I use my Ti very frequently. I am always searching for knowledge, I love to learn new things, and I am quite rule-oriented. The Socionics definition of Ti also seems to suggest that it is an organization function, which I am very organized. I also plan things a lot.
Cons for Ti HA:
Ti base/ignoring might fit me more. I use Ti very well. LxI could fit me well. That being said, I think I am too authoritative to be Se PoLR. Ne PoLR would be a better fit, due to my unchanging opinions and belief that there is "the one right way" to do something. I can also see myself as Te base (which would mean that I am Ne/Se HA, leaning more towards Ne HA) because I acquire information from external sources frequently, I am focused on productivity, and I am assertive. I can deal with "hard facts" well.
My relationship with Socionics Se:
I am intrigued by the workings of politics, law, and business. I admire influential people. That being said, I do not see myself as a dual to an SEE/SLE. I am very authoritative, and I am more attracted to Fi/Si dominants because I see them as more "chill" than I am. I am very ambitious and I tend to be industrious.
Pros for Te PoLR:
There were a few times when I have overlooked facts. I had an astrology phase for a while before I discovered typology. I can be quite curious; I have tested things that were not scientifically verified but others said that they have worked. That being said, I have harbored a logical skepticism while I was testing them, to see if it worked. I did not just blindly believe that they would work. I hate being seen as incompetent or lazy as well.
Cons for Te PoLR:
I like working with factual information. I have been skilled at factual analysis. I also focus on being productive when I work. Dealing with matters of efficiency is not painful to me. I think that efficiency is fairly important, but my perfectionism does impede my efficiency. I am also very assertive; I like leading others. I have heard that IEIs do not like leading other people. I am also very frugal and self-disciplined. I also prefer to work all the time, pushing against my emotions to get the job done. I have heard that IEIs working capacities are emotionally driven. I also think that being fair and judging based on standards is a good attribute, and I do not find it painful to judge something based on standards (unbiased). If anything, I can find it painful for me to judge based according to other people's feelings.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll give you my two cents regarding things that stick out about what you've typed here:

"I am not good at envisioning the future," this sounds more like lower dimensionality in Ni and it may even be role or vulnerable.

"I focus on my own system of morality more than I focus on influencing the emotions of a group," this quote right here specifically goes against the definition of Fe base and it showcases a preference for the Fi/Te axis over the Fe/Ti axis (values wise).

Then, I'm going to make a list of quotes in order to showcase my next point:

"I acquire information from external sources frequently, I am focused on productivity, and I am assertive. I can deal with "hard facts" well."

"I also have a good factual memory."

"I am always searching for knowledge and I love to learn new things."

"Ne PoLR would be a better fit, due to my unchanging opinions and belief that there is "the one right way" to do something."

"I like working with factual information. I have been skilled at factual analysis. I also focus on being productive when I work. Dealing with matters of efficiency is not painful to me."

"I also prefer to work all the time, pushing against my emotions to get the job done."

These quotes in particular stand out to me because not only is it indicative of valued Te, but with taking other quotes into account from the OP, I'm more inclined to say it's also Te base as opposed to creative.

As for why I believe it's Te base, I'm going to break down some of your other quotes for you:

"I am very emotionally expressive," an Fe PoLR is going to go out of their way to avoid being emotionally expressive since it's the most painful function for them to use, so therefore, it's very unlikely that they would say this at all.

"I am very organized and I also plan things a lot," one way that Ni vulnerable can manifest is by over-planning for the future.

"I am very authoritative," rationals also have an authoritative leadership style as opposed to an irrational type (which means that this is more likely where you fall into dichotomy wise as opposed to the latter).

"I am more attracted to Fi/Si dominants because I see them as more "chill" than I am," this also sounds more indicative of Fi > Ne seeking/suggestive since you've pointed out that you're the most drawn to those types as opposed to mentioning Ne at all.

Taking all of this into account, my final conclusion for your typing is LSE. [MENTION=41022]Opal Star[/MENTION]

Last edited:

infinityaurora

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Definitely a logical type and not IEI. Leaning towards sensing over intuitive as well.