• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SEI or EII?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi guys. Most of the the16types people say I'm a SEI. I know we shouldn't really cross systems and such, but I've always tested as INFP in MBTI, and that usually means one should be an IEI or EII. A few people have thought I was EII, and I usually test as intuitive. It's weird, I'm hearing:

"ISFP. You like Ne."

"I see plenty of Si, but also a great deal of openness and thirst for novel experiences (Ne). I don't think your Si is in your ego block, but it does seem to be valued. I think delta quadra would fit you. EII-Ne"

So, can you help? Maybe I'm secretly mistyped in MBTI. :3 Also, fun fact, I keep getting VI'd as SEI. However accurate that is, don't know, but it is funny that so many people agree.

I do find that socionics Si, with all the aesthetics and comfort, is more relatable than MBTI Si. Even if I'm not perfect, I am very health conscious. I am aesthetically inclined-I like to dress up, like to make my room look spiffy, enjoy crafting, and just try to appreciate the peaceful beauty of nature. I can be pretty attuned to my environment too. That makes me wonder if I'm an S in MBTI sometimes. Like, I zone out a lot and glaze over details, but I relate to how Si users are aptly aware of how comfortable they are in their environment. For me, this can be sounds, the amount of people, how spaces are arranged. Also, I like food :p. Really though, it appears to be a very Si thing. I like fancy food, I like exotic food, I like spicy food. All the food xD.

I am known to be generous, and this is known to be an Alpha value. This statement suits me to a T too:

SEIs are often highly attuned to the emotional environment immediately surrounding them. They are skilled at loosening up the atmosphere and often seek to actively contribute to the overall sense of group harmony and familiarity. SEIs often feel uncomfortable in circumstances in which the group atmosphere is overly hostile or virulent; in such situations, they may seek to play the role of peacemaker in order to restore the mood to a sense of joviality or calmness.

SEIs may expect individuals around them to behave according to the predominant emotional affect in a given environment. They tend to enjoy crafting an open, conflict-free, and relaxed environment where individuals are able to express themselves freely, but they may feel confused and deflated if somebody espouses viewpoints contrary to the predominant mood.

Many SEIs are shy, sensitive, and reserved. They may develop a mild, friendly, and soft-spoken demeanor, as they can frequently be overly concerned that they have offended others with their actions. They can be inclined to a somewhat avoidant, withdrawn, and socially reserved lifestyle. Rather than forge strong emotional connections with others, some SEIs may be inclined to interact spontaneously (and often reservedly) with others according to the immediate emotional ambience of a situation.

But onto EII! Their Ne seems more similar. I've always been very curious-soaking up knowledge about various subjects, probing peoples' minds, discussing ideas with people even if they have no practical purpose. And yes, I am very attracted to novelty, the new and uncanny. I am pretty open to new experiences-if I'm not, it's because I'm clumsy or there are too many people involved. I am attracted to symbols, and I'm say I'm pretty good with them.

But, I find Socionics Fi less relatable. It honestly seems more rigid, and, given the above statement, I relate to their Fe more. Maybe me being an E9 has more to do with me wanting to mediate and having less rigid views. Although, it seems Fi has to due with empathy and Fe more so sympathy, and I experience more of the first.

"Also, I relate well to this statement. This was technically from a description of Ne as a leading function, but still:

The individual is skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. He easily sees parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and likes to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows him to be part of many things at once. He enjoys considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled. He enjoys the beginning stages of just about anything - new projects, acquiring new skills, experiencing new people and relationships. Preparing for and launching something new is seen as having greater value than the process of experiencing what one already has and finishing what one has begun. The concept of "finishing" seems foreign to him. Instead of taking care to finish things and tie up all loose ends, he tends to drop things when he can't handle them any longer or realize that he has neglected them for too long (this might be equally related to suggestive introverted sensing)."

Am I a SEI with good Ne or an EII with good Si? I'd be happy to answer more questions!

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know. Perhaps some of this confusion could be because we have 2 dominant "selves". Like, how we act when we're with others is different than we do when we're alone? Even on forums. Do you seem to express yourself *more* or differently than how you process information internally?
If so, which is our "true" dominant self?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Bump. Been almost 3 months and still haven't decided.

By health/body attuned btw I am very attuned to my energy levels, being touched/how things feel on me, chest pains, stomach pains, space. I know SEI and INFP is a weird combo but comfort is really important to me.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
SEI-Fe (explained reasoning in DMs)

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
might not be particularly helpful here maybe but in my experience there is nothing that compares to getting to know someone face to face in the process of typing them. Online people seem to go on so many tangents, some people are strangely totally and completely sure of their opinion even though this is online, and in the end maybe not a lot gets accomplished...it's upto you of course. Once huge difference between those two types is that EII "cannot get enough of" Te and SEI will not be soothed by it. Real life interactions with Te types may help parse this out better.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
might not be particularly helpful here maybe but in my experience there is nothing that compares to getting to know someone face to face in the process of typing them. Online people seem to go on so many tangents, some people are strangely totally and completely sure of their opinion even though this is online, and in the end maybe not a lot gets accomplished...it's upto you of course. Once huge difference between those two types is that EII "cannot get enough of" Te and SEI will not be soothed by it. Real life interactions with Te types may help parse this out better.

You talking duals? I get along with Te doms pretty well. Like I like the contrast(like they'll be bold and assertive and I cool them down). Though I also get along with Ne doms well cause I like how inventive we can be together. If this has to do with things, I relate to Te POLR as I get mistrusting and sometimes angry if something goes against my experiences. But I also relate to Se Polr cause I'm not very forceful.

On another note, I wonder if my enneagram is making me look extra Si cause 9s and SPs love comfort anyway.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You talking duals? I get along with Te doms pretty well. Like I like the contrast(like they'll be bold and assertive and I cool them down). Though I also get along with Ne doms well cause I like how inventive we can be together. If this has to do with things, I relate to Te POLR as I get mistrusting and sometimes angry if something goes against my experiences. But I also relate to Se Polr cause I'm not very forceful.

On another note, I wonder if my enneagram is making me look extra Si cause 9s and SPs love comfort anyway.

I was contrasting polr vs. suggestive
both are 1D, both can have fears but PoLR is more painful, it is almost like a blind-spot people unconsciously and consistently avoid

Also EII leads with Fi, their main concern is how close or not close they are based on feelings of antipathy or likeness; contrast this with Fi creative where they are bit more wishy-washy (from my POV) about that and can adjust closeness based on situation (according to the descriptions) while for EII being a rational type it needs that closeness (or lack of it) to be stable and consistent.
SEI can do all that but it's not their "valued" priority.

How close are you to these Te users that you get along well with?

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I was contrasting polr vs. suggestive
both are 1D, both can have fears but PoLR is more painful, it is almost like a blind-spot people unconsciously and consistently avoid

Also EII leads with Fi, their main concern is how close or not close they are based on feelings of antipathy or likeness; contrast this with Fi creative where they are bit more wishy-washy (from my POV) about that and can adjust closeness based on situation (according to the descriptions) while for EII being a rational type it needs that closeness (or lack of it) to be stable and consistent.
SEI can do all that but it's not their "valued" priority.

How close are you to these Te users that you get along well with?

Not too close but yeah we get along well. Though it's online; I don't have any friends interested in typology in real life. I like to guess types in my head but yeah. Most of my close friends have been Ne doms past few years(online and through deductions, one took the test). I do relate that Fi description, but yeah, I also feel very Si.

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not too close but yeah we get along well. Though it's online; I don't have any friends interested in typology in real life. I like to guess types in my head but yeah. Most of my close friends have been Ne doms past few years(online and through deductions, one took the test). I do relate that Fi description, but yeah, I also feel very Si.

I guess the only thing I could add besides what I have said is that if forming close relationships based on sense of likeness or antipathy is not something that comes to you naturally, is not something that is automatically the most salient/obvious part of your personality, it's worth considering Fi (lead) not in the ego block...

1. The program, base, or leading function directs the global perception and general lifestyle of a person i.e. it constitutes the "program" for a person's life. The perception and filtering of reality through the base function happens so naturally and imperceptibly that often it is difficult for an individual to imagine that the surrounding reality can be perceived any differently. The base function is always subtly present and "coloring" an individual's perceptions from a very early age. Its presence as a constant stream of information without strong variations makes it difficult to notice in others, as well as in oneself, despite it being the strongest and most conscious function. For typing purposes, a person needs to be considered "on global scale" to determine the activity and orientation of their "program" function. It could be said that people "embody" their leading function rather than express it in daily situations. People often have strong ego identification with their "program" function as it is assumed to be a part of their identity.
The leading function is inert and relatively inflexible. It changes its notions and outlooks slowly and gradually, especially for people of leading function subtypes. Often, information that is capable of causing such changes evokes resistance and rejection from the leading function, and is therefore integrated very slowly. Such integration has the highest chance of taking place typically under the conditions of repeated and prolonged exposure to the leading function of one's dual TIM.
8. The
demonstrative
function is another strong function that is directed at not allowing the situation to develop in a negative way for oneself and for one's partner. In contrast to the limiting function, the demonstrative function does not warn one's partner about potential consequences, but without extra words the person takes measures for preventing negative development of a conversation or a situation. Despite being a strong function, any active discussion of this aspect is rejected by the person with the wish to change the course towards the strong valued aspects of their type. Since the aspect of demonstrative function corresponds to the aspect of the painful function of dual types, in this manner duals stop the influx of unwanted information and shield each other's painful functions. Any actions against oneself or close people are met by rebuffs from demonstrative function. The demonstrative function is more strongly expressed in people of creative function subtypes.

Model A - Wikisocion

LittleVoice

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hi

I had the exact same dilemma and thought I was EII for a while. I came away from typology communities and figured it out without anyone influencing me. It helped to talk it through with my husband as he knows me best.

MBTI and socionics are two different and imperfect systems. I happen to be SiFe in both, but many SEIs can type as ISFP and even INFP in mbti. Don't worry if you're not the "same" type in both.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
16types seems to be populated mostly by boring teens and boring early 20 somethings trying to compete over who can come across as edgiest online. Not sure how much stock I'd put in their typings.

saskiazaaza

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
About SEI and EII differences , I have close friends who is SEI. He is male SEI too. Although , SEI doesn't like confront and conflict. Coz , his Se isn't valued. But , he has good As and he can does handle Se environment which are fast and aggressive. Mine is EII. Coz , I have PoLR Se. I can't handle Se environment too. My best friend who SEE said " You should confront others to protect yourself. " But I can't lol.

Majesty

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ME
Enneagram
ME
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you're relating more to Si lead than you are to Fi lead in Socionics, then you're more likely to be an SEI.

Last edited:

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
16types seems to be populated mostly by boring teens and boring early 20 somethings trying to compete over who can come across as edgiest online. Not sure how much stock I'd put in their typings.

Just say Kiana

(sorry, year old comment but I just had to lol)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I have dated three EIIs (not at the same time). It didn't work. The first was a harmonizer, a student of art history. The second was a Normalizer photographer. The third was Dominant, a teacher and some kind of political activist.

It's hard to summarize but I think the relationship always stays on a slightly distant or polite level. It's hard to just be yourself. Confusing. With EII there is also this "extra layer" because they adapt to you and are willing to work on the relationship. But that doesn't improve the basic compatibility of course.

There is definitely attraction though.

I also had the feeling that the EII couldn't see me for what I am at all. Don't know if it's true but it felt like that.

Not a good combination. IEE is better if we stay in the delta quadra.

Somebody didn't read the OP.

nightoftheshallow

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SEI and INFP is pretty common, Bjork i'm fairly sure is an INFP SEI. From what you have written so far I'm thinking SEI as they tend to have pretty good Fi despite not valuing it

Have you looked into the factors that I think aren't necessarily crucial but can help you decide between types such as romance styles and reinin traits? I found them pretty useful when I was between IEI and ILI

Good luck and hope you figure it out soon