User Tag List

First 12

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaylin View Post
    Thanks @Peter Deadpan. So sorry I missed your reply for so long.
    I strongly doubt the J, however (unless... ah yes, this is the socionics subforum lol so j=p in MBTI-speak?)
    No, I mean I think you are ISFJ in MB. I see an awful lot of what I am interpreting as Si-Fe in your communication.

Si is often about enjoying a comfortable environment, so that could be how stereotypical "J-ness" could show up.

In reality, the J just means that you prefer extroverted judging (Fe or Te) over introverted judging (Fi or Ti). You "manage" the emotional well-being of others frequently on forum by offering support, encouragement, and understanding. I haven't seen enough from you to assess how you align your ethics (internally vs externally), but I'm pretty comfortable guessing that it's external (Fe).

You are very sensory in discussion. I don't think I've seen you use any metaphors (?) and you don't seem to paint images with words or explore tangential connections. You are very good at explaining things in concrete detail (your blog is basically storytelling your life experiences in SF fashion).

I'm not the world's most gifted typer of functions though, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

Likes Zhaylin, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

I thank you for trying anyhow <3 I'm terrible at all of the functions, so you're a better judge there in any event.
    *shudders* J scares the dickens out of me I do not want to be tied down to lists and schedules. I need things to be open ended. I'm not the least bit tidy (well, unless you count my email).

Encouragement and support are very important to me because I've been shown so little throughout my life. I've also come to be more lenient and flexible in my personal values and beliefs because crap happened to shake up my world view.
    I've ultimately come to accept that everyone is at a different stage of their own personal path, so where values clash, I greet them with patience or take a different fork in the road.

As for metaphors... I'm not intelligent enough to make good use of them. I forbade my self-consciousness their use when I was just 13 years old lol (which is when I started diving deeply into dream interpretation).
    I doubt my intuition, so I prefer people talk to me plainly so there's no room for misinterpretation.

I also edit myself a lot. One ramble will lead to another train of thought, which leads to another until I forget what I was even going on about originally lol. I'll add the end of a story in the middle, realize what I did, then copy/paste it into its proper place.

I internalize everything. I have no tribe to speak of, save my children. I make excuses for everyone. My DIL and I constantly clash in that regard. "Why is he mean-mugging me?" she'll ask. I'll say, "He wasn't. The sun was in his eyes." Or *flips off a driver* "Idiot! He cut you off!" to which I always reply along the lines of: "Perhaps he just got a phone call that his wife has been rushed to the ER." and then she rolls her eyes at me lol.

Which is where all of this becomes even more confusing. How much is MBTI, how much is my E9 or do they sort of go hand in hand?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    ESE None

You sound a lot more like an SEI, IEI's tend to sound more.. N, if that makes any sense.
    Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Thank you, @Skittles
    I no longer trust tests, in the least. I have no idea if I am any of the things I thought I should be rofl.
    I was recently typed by a pro. I baffled her a little, but she landed on ISTJ. The entire chat room agreed with her (and there's rarely a a fast consensus among them )

Can an ISTJ even be an SEI? Especially of the -Fe variant?
    (I must google now...)
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Thank you, @Skittles
    I no longer trust tests, in the least. I have no idea if I am any of the things I thought I should be rofl.
    I was recently typed by a pro. I baffled her a little, but she landed on ISTJ. The entire chat room agreed with her (and there's rarely a a fast consensus among them )

Can an ISTJ even be an SEI? Especially of the -Fe variant?
    (I must google now...)
    I can't comment on SEI / ISTJ combo, nor can I confirm or deny your typing of yourself, but I just wanted to say that how you extrovert your feelings and such online reminds me very much of my IStJ mother (she's not a strong T, though she's tested as either it or ISFJ and I'd select ISTJ *easily* over ISFJ for her) -- my mother, especially as she has aged, can be very sensitive when it comes to who she is / her values/ her feelings, and she can get especially worked up online (not saying you get 'worked up' -- just saying this might run counter to a lot of stereotypes of ISTJ's) --- and her feelings can be hurt easily. She doesn't come across in an Fe/FJ way at all, though. She just comes across --- online (NOT in real life, I don't think) -- as rather sensitive and somewhat forward in sharing her political views, what she cares about/values, what she finds terrible, and so on.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    952 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

Thanks to the Talking with Famous People community, and Host, I have my type down pat now- though I am not a typical ISTJ.

My sociotype, then, has to be SLI and the Si subtype. It fits well enough- as well as the Delta Quadra.
    Socionics Types: SLI-ISTp Subtypes
    Socionics Quadras: Delta

It's still a whole bunch of confusing stuff, but I think I'm finally (albeit slowly lol) getting a grasp of it all.
    E9w1 5w6 2w1 sp/so

Thanks to the Talking with Famous People community, and Host, I have my type down pat now- though I am not a typical ISTJ.

My sociotype, then, has to be SLI and the Si subtype. It fits well enough- as well as the Delta Quadra.
    Socionics Types: SLI-ISTp Subtypes
    Socionics Quadras: Delta

It's still a whole bunch of confusing stuff, but I think I'm finally (albeit slowly lol) getting a grasp of it all.
    :/
    MBTI doesn't translate into Socionics. You can be one type in one system, and another in another.
    JOHARI || NOHARI