User Tag List

Amethyst's Marshmallow 🍬 Bismuth Blitz's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 sp/so

Default Can you be an intuitive in MBTI but a sensor in socionics?

So, I'm kinda a newbie at socionics. I got some typing help over at the16types and everyone said SEI-si. They could easily be wrong(description sounds mostly like me though), but either way, can I be intuitive in MBTI and a sensor in socionics? I've heard yesses and nos, yes because the systems are different and have different functions, no because SEIs have low intuition. I've seen some members on here who were introverts in MBTI and extroverts in socionics, and I know INFP is INFj in socionics and yadda yadda. But S vs N, those are usually the no-no letters. So what's your opinion?
    If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

Phleg-Mel/RLUAI/Aries Sun, Aquarius Moon, Leo Rising

βœΊπ”Έπ•žπ•–π•₯𝕙π•ͺ𝕀π•₯ π”Έπ•£π•”π•™π• π•Ÿ, π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•—π•šπ•Ÿπ•–π•€π•₯ 𝕛𝕖𝕨𝕖𝕝 π•šπ•Ÿ 𝕒𝕝𝕝 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•π•’π•Ÿπ••, 𝕒 π•™π•šπ••π••π•–π•Ÿ π•₯𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕀𝕦𝕣𝕖. 𝕀 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•ͺ𝕠𝕦 𝕀𝕠 π•žπ•¦π•”π•™ 𝕓𝕖𝕀π•₯π•šπ•– ✺

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9 sp
    Socionics
    ISFj Fi

There's no one answer. Some people say so, others say no. Some people treat them as two separate systems. I personally disagree... Mbti and enneagram are two separate systems. But socionics? They are just slightly different interpretations of the same theory. In the end there are still the same 16 types in each system, and the same dichotomies (sensing...introversion...thinking...feeling...etc .). It's trying to describe the same exact types in the end. INTj - INTJ, INFp - INFP and so on. The functions are also described differently. Si in mbti is much more J-ish, about routine and memory. While in socionics it's about living in the present and being impulsive. Again, different interpretation. I don't think some of the types are described the exact same way, for example ESFP, but generally the closest type for each is the same four letter code, especially if you don't try to overcomplicate it. It takes a bit of mental gymnastics to think otherwise That's just my opinion though, not a fact

What do you think?
    Likes Zhaylin, RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

I saw someone say that it's best to choose one system over the other, which I kind of agree with. They use similar concepts but aren't really that compatible. I don't think you could be an intuitive in one and a sensor in the other unless you're really balanced in N/S.
    Almost too Ti to function.
    Likes Drunkstein liked this post