User Tag List

First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Drapeaux View Post
    It's strange to see someone trying so hard to dissuade people away from participating in what I'm assuming this forum is supposed to be about. What makes you feel this way?
    I advocate evidence and reason, while mbti is a form of hypnosis, quite like astrology.

And remembering the sleep of reason brings forth monsters.

MBTI
    IN--
    Enneagram
    538 sp/so

What is your MBTI?
    I'm typed anywhere between INTJ, INFJ, INFP, sometimes ENTP (mostly in real life)- including it because it may be relevant.
    I don't relate to the stereotype of any of those (nor do I appear like any of them) so it wouldn't be too informative.
    I put more stock into Enneagram however- tritype 53X (either 9w8 or 8w9, inclined towards the latter).

What mental illlness(es) have you been diagnosed with?
    Major depression / later discovered to be Bipolar disorder, ADHD, social anxiety, PTSD.

How, in your own words, would you describe your personality?
    I have Bipolar, so I'll explain the 'spectrum' of my personality;
    Normal: cheerful, sanguine, and optimistic, seemingly extroverted, friendly, yet distant, deliberate, and cautious with a touch of coldness that is not obvious at first.
    Manic: energetic, scattered, insensitive, sociable, arrogant, "looks like he has never doubted himself in forever, brimming with confidence".
    Depressed/low: critical, impatient, brooding- anywhere between temperamental and combative or melancholic and cynical.

A common thread that remains in all states is a degree of cautiousness, even when manic.

Do you think your type affects the way you express symptoms of your mental illness, or even what symptoms you express? If so, how?
    Sometimes I do. Also, definitely affects what I express- as a 5 core (or introvert in general), I default to detached thinking before acting as a main strategy in anything, so compared to others with ADHD and Bipolar, I am much more calculating and cautious than you might expect- I don't tick the 'obvious' outward symptoms checklist of impulsiveness, for example. If I had been a reactive or ID type like 4, 6, 7, 8, I'm sure I would appear much differently.

Any other comments?
    I'd like to add that due to mental illnesses (or mood disorders, or personality disorders), descriptions of 'personality' would be very... Misleading, especially for those born with it. It's rather unstable due to the nature of the illness/disorder in itself (especially really unstable personality disorders like NPD, BPD, DPD) and does not characterize or even hint at the person's 'real' personality, not necessarily.
    For example, my energy level / energetic appearance may not necessarily be a part of my personality, it is the mind in dysfunction and causing me to feel and become energetic. In other instances, it would not apply. An easy way to keep this in mind is depression as an example- it characterizes a person for a while, till it's gone. It (thankfully, for neurotypical 'healthy' people) does not 'change' their personality (or mindset, at least not forever), only what and how they manifest.
    Last edited by Ixaerus; 01-24-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Fixed / appended a few things.
    JohariNohari | MBTI : iNFi-NiTe |Wanna type me via collage? [1] [2] [3]
    What you wished for was — an endless world —
    What I wished for was — the end of the world —
    Likes Drapeaux liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    I advocate evidence and reason, while mbti is a form of hypnosis, quite like astrology.

And remembering the sleep of reason brings forth monsters.
    Your artful dialect is always a wonder to behold.
    "A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death." - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Alignment: True Neutral/Chaotic Neutral (Rational Neutral - Rebel Neutral)
    House: Slytherin
    ENTP-ti / Logical
    Likes Mole liked this post

What is your MBTI?
    INTP

Fucking idiot.

What are your coping methods for dealing with difficult or stressful situations and emotions?
    Fucking idiot.

How does your type affect the methods you use to cope?
    Fucking idiot.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp

What is your MBTI? INFJ
    What mental illlness(es) have you been diagnosed with? Schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type
    How, in your own words, would you describe your personality? Moody as hell, fond of routine and safeness, (sp dom), loyal but critical of others, opinionated but trying to be open-minded
    Do you think your type affects the way you express symptoms of your mental illness, or even what symptoms you express?
    If so, how? Yes. INFJs can be very insecure and that is expressed in delusions of persecution.
    Any other comments

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

I'm a psychology major interested in the ways type affects expression of mental illness. I would appreciate if whoever feels comfortable doing so would fill out this survey.
    What option does one answer if they do not currently have a mental illness but have had one in the past?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    What option does one answer if they do not currently have a mental illness but have had one in the past?
    For those who do not currently have a mental illness but have had one in the past:
    What is your MBTI?
    What mental illness(es) were you diagnosed with?
    What led to the resolution of the above?
    Did your type affect the way you expressed symptoms? If so, how?
    Did your type affect your recovery? If so, how?

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

For those who do not currently have a mental illness but have had one in the past:
    What is your MBTI?
    What mental illness(es) were you diagnosed with?
    What led to the resolution of the above?
    Did your type affect the way you expressed symptoms? If so, how?
    Did your type affect your recovery? If so, how?

1)INTP

2)PTSD, PTSD, and acute anxiety.

3)Thoughtful, logical, funny...

4)Well the cause probably was having awkward coping mechanisms and wanting to be appreciated. If one grows up with a schizophrenic parent they probably just learn avoidant tendencies towards problems, but that does not work in grown up situations like at work. So resolution was probably just learning the art of not giving a f*^$ rather than being on edge and expecting something bad to happen. Just accepting people are annoying and just looking forwards not backwards.

5) Presumably it was the other way around as the illnesses brought out shadow personality type; conflict between rational and shadow emotion state.

6) Not sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.
    Likes Drapeaux, Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

ENFP

Generalized Anxiety Disorder. ADD, and ADHD (I've been diagnosed with both on separate occasions for some reason)

I am a naturally curious person who is generally friendly towards others. I often have found myself as the source of humor in conversations, it's a role I sort of slip into unconsciously. I tend to over think as well, and often have my head in the clouds.

I think my GAD has caused me to act in a manner that is more introverted over the years. It's been a huge influence in my life and a problem, but it's extremely well-managed now as long as I take my medication regularly.

Although my anxiety is much better now, I by no means consider myself cured. Though I have dealt with depression in the past, but that seems to be behind me (for now at least).