User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Off topic I was aware of Brightburn and I'm really looking forward to it. Unbreakable and Split were excellent films. David Dunn is my favorite of Bruce Willis's roles. James McAvoy in Split showcased in a small way how impressive acting really is as a profession. @Totenkindly I wonder if his use of that phrase was a nod to his role as Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? That is the only role I was familiar with of James's when I saw Split so it was a delight to see him in such a different way. I know he also played Charles Xavier but I didn't make that connection until later.

I am looking forward to Glass but I'm a little puzzled with the direction it's taken in the trailers. I didn't expect to see those three characters together in an asylum and I'm not sure how I feel about that setting. I'm reserving judgment until I see it, I very much want to.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I guess I should warn folks too -- probably depends on the chain, but damn, you're in for the long haul with pre-trailers. I swear there were probably 10+ trailers before they finally started running this film, most horror-y or thriller kinds of things. All I remember right now is Us, and Happy Birthday 2U, and Godzilla King of the Monsters.... but I actually love trailers and here I was starting to groan in exasperation by the sheer number Regal was trotting out.

Oh. Pet Semetary. I knew it as soon as it started. I'm hoping the film ends up being a good iteration of the book. The trailer could go either way, it was certainly unnerving.

Quote Originally Posted by TricoFeathers View Post
    Off topic I was aware of Brightburn and I'm really looking forward to it.
    I like how they are modeling some of the look and feel right off of Man of Steel. But it does look like an actual comic I could have read about ten years ago, in the style of Supreme (remake of Squadron Supreme, starring Hyperion) and other books by Michael J. Straczynski or something.

Unbreakable and Split were excellent films. David Dunn is my favorite of Bruce Willis's roles. James McAvoy in Split showcased in a small way how impressive acting really is as a profession. @Totenkindly I wonder if his use of that phrase was a nod to his role as Mr. Tumnus in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe? That is the only role I was familiar with of James's when I saw Split so it was a delight to see him in such a different way. I know he also played Charles Xavier but I didn't make that connection until later.
    Yeah, I'm not sure if were simply a similarity (the "animal/lion god returning") between both Aslan and The Beast here that drove Shyamalan to write that into the script, or if it was also an added bonus with McAvoy having played Tumnus in the films as well... maybe both of those.

That was the first movie I saw McAvoy in as well, although I saw him in Atonement, Wanted, the X-men flicks, Atomic Blonde, etc as well. So he's got some "serious" films + some genre films under his belt... a lot of genre films now, actually. Always thought he was decent at least, and at least Split gave him an opportunity to show great range.

I am looking forward to Glass but I'm a little puzzled with the direction it's taken in the trailers. I didn't expect to see those three characters together in an asylum and I'm not sure how I feel about that setting. I'm reserving judgment until I see it, I very much want to.
    Go for it, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I have avoided as much of the big spoilers as I can. Yeah, the trailer was really confusing and disappointing in itself, although I'll say the film actually works it a little better than that (even if not very polished). I'm not one to tell people to not see a movie, and it's why I saw this even though I had some really uneasy feelings about it. For me, it's just one of those films I mentally block out of the story so that I'll only ever watch Unbreakable and Split again and pretend this didn't happen, lol.

Just sad for me, kind of like when I saw The Matrix Revolutions... movie with potential and a few good ideas but.... wow. I care about these characters.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft