User Tag List

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Forum Welcoming Committee

I'd like to solicit members who would like to be part of group to help new members of the forum feel welcome to the community. Key asks for participation in the group are:

- Be a positive influence in helping to make new site joiners feel welcome on the forum
    - Making a connection with new site joiners by learning a little bit about them
    - Encouraging them to participate in a manner that's comfortable to them
    - Helping them to learn how to navigate the site or assist with questions they might have
    - Developing suggestions on ways we can make the forum more hospitable to new members

Please let me know if you're interested in participating in this.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Stigmata liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Following are some stats on new member participation (i.e., number of new posts in the last week by new members that joined in the last 20 days)

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

In addition to information like the above which will be available to the committee, there is a new plugin under development that is going to facilitate a survey to gather feedback on member experience. I'm estimating this will be done in three to four weeks. This description is a bit technical sounding because they are specs for a software developer but it's going to include things like the following.

An email and/or PM will be autogenerated with four options for kicking it off, which will be configurable:

1. A configurable period of time after the member first joins (@X days)

2. A configurable number of posts after the member joins (@Y posts)

3. After a period of inactivity (no posts for @Z period of time, where the member has at least one post).

4. Any combination of 1, 2 and 3. If 3 is selected with 1 or 2 in combination, 3 should take precedence over 1 or 2 (i.e., we may want to see users who have ben inactive for the last 60 days who have at least 50 posts). Perhaps this is as simple as a logical AND.

Note: it should be configured such that any one, any two or any three or four of the above options can be selected. (i.e. three different schedules may be in effect for different types of members in different stages of the member lifecycle). The email/PM will provide a link to a list of questions on their forum experience. There should be a different survey link, which is configurable, for each of the three above options/schedules that are selected, as there may be different surveys designed for different members at different stages of the lifecycle. For example, one could set up one schedule for new members after they have been on the forum for four weeks and one for users who left and are no longer posting. There should be an option if we want to send a PM, email or both for each schedule separately.

The email/PM will include a configurable introduction, which would be unique for each of the above three schedules.

Tri-type 639

Back with a Vengeance Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    163 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESi None

I am interested.
    Likes highlander liked this post

Behind you... Hermit of the Forest's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sx

I'd be interested in helping new members, however, I don't have the necessary typology knowledge to be much use with typing.

And tonight I'm in love with everybody on the city bus.
    I feel the push and pull, keep saying that it doesn't mean much.
    But what do you see? What do you see?
    — Blind Pilot

Cu·ri·ous
    adjective
    1. Eager to know or learn something.
    2. Strange; unusual.
    INTP 9w1 2w3 5w6 so/sx
    Likes highlander, Hummingbird Spirit liked this post

I am kind of new but would be glad to help.
    Likes Hummingbird Spirit, highlander liked this post

I only wrote the thing! Jacques Le Paul's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

@highlander I can help, if needed.
    Always forward, never back!

"I always love talking to people and hearing their story. People always have a good life story to tell ya know?"

Today is the beginning, and tomorrow is the beginning of everything else.

My blog in regular blogs
    Likes highlander, Hummingbird Spirit liked this post