User Tag List

Default MBTi type/functions and Preferred Humor?

What do you think is the preferred style of humor that each type possesses or the relation between humor and certain functions?

I enjoy dark humor and creating PUNS...One particular situation I thought was funny was when I was working in a Math Clinic....I noticed the students stressing out a week prior to "Dead Week." I then stated: " We'll have ourselves a Medical Clinic by the time next week rolls around." One of my favorite comedians was George Carlin, who was very good at wordplay.

Back with a Vengeance Hummingbird Spirit's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    163 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESi None

xxFP. I prefer sarcastic or witty humor. or I usually laugh at the really stupid joke no one else does.
    Likes Fay, hurl3y4456 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Dry humor. I find that most jokes lose any sense of comedy when the delivery overplays it, I feel like many stand-up comedians are incredibly boring to me for this reason.
    "No human being is ever beyond redemption. The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists. How to support that possibility in others & in ourselves is the ultimate question.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hummingbird Spirit View Post
    xxFP. I prefer sarcastic or witty humor. or I usually laugh at the really stupid joke no one else does.
    Life is too short to be taken so seriously....Laughing is a good way to boost endorphins and stay optimistic, which will increase life span. A happy person may perceive life to be shorter than a depressed person, but what matters is the substance.

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    Dry humor. I find that most jokes lose any sense of comedy when the delivery overplays it, I feel like many stand-up comedians are incredibly boring to me for this reason.
    I always enjoyed Joe Kenda's dry humor in the series "Homicide Hunter." I definitely agree that too much expression can really downplay the delivery.

Ne humor is always welcome ... finding stupid connection bewteen concepts it's alot of fun.
    Carefully written humor is fine too.

Sarcastic humor is fine when you can learn from it , being sarcastic just for that is just meh.