User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I think I would be to happy being busy and feeling useful and appreciated.

I have honestly grown very tired of the area I live in for the opposite reason. There is zero concept of community. Saying "Hi" to people you pass is seen as a sign of aggression. The only thing I know about my neighbors is that one of them is a drug dealer and is constantly screaming at his poor little dog ( when he isn't getting the cops called on him for fighting with other people)
    And the rest smoke outside my window ( or in their own apartment letting the smoke directly into my bedroom) 24/7.

There is ZERO tradition; no one celebrates any Holidays. Every season, every day is the same with nothing to look forward too. It's soul crushing.

I think in a traditional community I could always leave for a bit when I got bored.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

MBTI
    WEEB
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

"Intuitive" doesn't automatically mean "free-thinker" or "intellectual." An N is literally just someone who thinks more conceptually, abstractly, and in the hypothetical rather than the present moment.

I think you're questioning more about worldview than the MBTI definition of intuition. They aren't related at all.
    Likes Norexan, Tina&Jane liked this post

MBTI
    WEEB
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Edit: nevermind my post, I see now you were more asking for specifics than assuming all Ns are intellectual iconoclasts and Ss are stupid lol.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    I think it's likely many of them retreat inside themselves, into their own heads, thoughts, feelings, imaginations.
    Yeah, there are various ways of "escape" other than by physical distance. instead, you go deep "inwards" rather than outwards.

I was not raised as a Mennonite, although I was surrounded by them in my rural area. But the area was still pretty religious and traditional valued. (And yes, it was PA -- so I was raised about 1.5 hours from regular Amish and then ended up living within an hour as an adult for a decade or more). I was raised to believe certain things and view the world in certain ways, even though I was always trying to grasp a better understanding of the "why" and felt uncomfortable. I again did this by either "going within" and/or reading as much as I could and/or spending my time exploring nature rather than hanging out with human beings.

Eventually I felt very stifled and physically moved from the area (it was increasingly crushing). I also eventually left organized religion.

When I was growing up, I knew very few N people although at the time I didn't know about MBTI or typology structures. Like, on very rare occasion, I would meet someone and immediately click with them; later in life, I recognized this as the N factor. I never really knew many N types at all until I went online years later. Even if there are N types in those kinds of rigid structures, either they have to be channeled into the structure to engage and survive, or they are withdrawn in some way and thus you don't really meet/engage them... or I think their ideas take them outside the structure eventually.

I guess also there are degrees of style, it's not just S and N as extremes. Extreme N's have trouble being bound by a system, just as extreme S's might feel super-uncomfortable in a system without known boundaries. but you get a lot of folks who are just moderate one or the other, or have a slight preference. They find it easier to exist within such systems... they can more easily accommodate their surroundings. And people usually don't change unless they have a reason or find their setting unpalatable, even if they don't like it per se or have a preference --- basically it's a matter of cost vs benefit of staying vs leaving.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Luminous, highlander liked this post

Nothing can remain traditional, once I joined.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtBubbles View Post
    Edit: nevermind my post, I see now you were more asking for specifics than assuming all Ns are intellectual iconoclasts and Ss are stupid lol.
    Because shallow people think that every N is iconoclastic INTJ INTP ISTP ISTJ INFP INFJ 5w4

If Se braking rules and other destructive beehive is showing how they care for traditions than every thief or prostitute could be define as N because it is not part of traditions!
    Neither Si care about traditions because a lot of SJs ARE NOT good citizens as MBTI "idealistic view of types" try to present them.
    True Neutral 8 1 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017
    === Challenger Perfectionist Motivator Inventor===

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    486 sp/so

I was raised in a very strict environment, but not so much religious. I can tell you I dug so deep inside myself its hard to get out sometimes. I do think you spend a lot of time considering, and ruminating over the rules and culture though. So you might rationalize the good in it, as well as the bad. The choice to pursue depends on your own personal values.
    Nohari, Johari
    "If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie."

I would say that any community or society is reliant on a blend of all types in order to be successful. Each type plays a role in maintaining the balance that keeps society growing and prosperous. Within the confines of even the most closed society there is room for every type to have an impact.

I think it’s why we see the mix of types in the percentages in which they occur across large populations, it’s just what it takes to operate a society.