User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

When I find myself isolated after any significant amount of social activity, it is as if little automatic simulations of the people I've been around are running inside my head. I can hear them saying things, things they haven't actually said but that they could say, and occasionally I catch glimpses of them carrying out actions that they might perform in real life. Often I'll address my thoughts to these little echoes of real people.

Aside from that, my thought processes are rather vague and, in my opinion, uninteresting.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

So I came across this video on YouTube not too long ago and that’s where the idea of this thread came from. I wanted to see if people could describe how they view and experience the world and see if it relates, or how they personally relate to their dominant function through this unique outlook. Now, I don’t have synesthesia, had some massive brain injury, or any event that could mirror what was shared in the video, but I would say I experience and understand things in a way similar to this guy, but rather than seeing all these mathematical representations presented before him, I see things through their dynamics and relationships, more along the lines of physics and how properties play out. This is easily translatable to objects in my environment, sure, but, also think and perceive in this mode as it applies to the dynamics/relationships in people through their emotions, between people in social dynamics, ideas and concepts are “seen” as a series of shared relationships, everything, is understood through this applied, universal understanding.

As a side note, this is why I’ve been typing as ESFP as of late because I am wondering if this understanding of the mechanics behind everyday life, people, ideas, and objects, is really what Se is. But, that’s a side topic. Anyways, here’s the video

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Metis, RooibosKrayfish liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    So I came across this video on YouTube not too long ago and that’s where the idea of this thread came from. I wanted to see if people could describe how they view and experience the world and see if it relates, or how they personally relate to their dominant function through this unique outlook. Now, I don’t have synesthesia, had some massive brain injury, or any event that could mirror what was shared in the video, but I would say I experience and understand things in a way similar to this guy, but rather than seeing all these mathematical representations presented before him, I see things through their dynamics and relationships, more along the lines of physics and how properties play out. This is easily translatable to objects in my environment, sure, but, also think and perceive in this mode as it applies to the dynamics/relationships in people through their emotions, between people in social dynamics, ideas and concepts are “seen” as a series of shared relationships, everything, is understood through this applied, universal understanding.

As a side note, this is why I’ve been typing as ESFP as of late because I am wondering if this understanding of the mechanics behind everyday life, people, ideas, and objects, is really what Se is. But, that’s a side topic. Anyways, here’s the video

I turned ESFP-ish when I was concussed, but it wore off with the other symptoms. No known long-term effects. I really miss it, though.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Oh, I see; I had read "had some massive brain injury" as meaning that you'd had one. I'm glad you haven't. That's what I get for skimming the actual paragraph and focusing on my own story semi-related to the video.

but rather than seeing all these mathematical representations presented before him, I see things through their dynamics and relationships, more along the lines of physics and how properties play out. This is easily translatable to objects in my environment, sure,
    I do see movement in the physical world in terms of vectors of movement, but I think that started when I took introductory physics. I could look for college transcripts and see if I was taking the physics class when I had the concussion. I never thought of the possibility that they could be related. Just assumed that an idea from the class had gotten ingrained and stuck with me. In either case, I haven't always perceived the world that way.

but, also think and perceive in this mode as it applies to the dynamics/relationships in people through their emotions, between people in social dynamics, ideas and concepts are “seen” as a series of shared relationships, everything, is understood through this applied, universal understanding.
    That sounds Ne.

Do you have trouble categorizing things? For example, if you were sorting the contents of boxes, would it be hard for you to organize the contents in a way that didn't just amount to a reshuffling of them and result in their going back into boxes, but in different combinations? I do.

I am wondering if this understanding of the mechanics behind everyday life, people, ideas, and objects, is really what Se is.
    Sounds more Ne to me, but ask some Se persons.

This is a completely foreign concept to me. I cannot imagine perceiving some sort of visible geometrical overlap.

I do have some understanding of energy flow though and particularly how to use that to make processes more efficient. For example, years ago at a different company (same job), I was rinsing the dog hair out of the bathing room with a hose sprayer attachment. I was using a precise and intentional sweeping motion to capture as much hair as possible in such a manner that the flow of the water toward the drain would maintain an efficient wavelike movement. Someone noticed and complimented me on the way I was doing it (weird compliment but okay). I also utilize items in a manner that makes things more efficient, like using the high powered blow dryer at work to clear out areas that are hard to reach with the vacuum.

There is no visible pattern recognition in these actions for me, but rather a felt awareness within me sorta, like I can just feel what the most optimal move would be. I do have to consciously tap into this though... I'm definitely not automatically a graceful mover by any reasonable standard.

Also, synesthesia is one of my favorite nerd subjects. ASMR is fascinating too and I wonder just how connected they are.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    613 sp/so

I would describe it as.... A mess/a shitshow!

Nonetheless, since a lot of it's unconscious it can become difficult to describe. I guess you could say that my thought process is heavily categorical, predictive, and possibility oriented. Most of my time is just me taking in information, analyzing it half to death, and trying to generalize the way things work and systems progress so that I can adapt to and respond to things appropriately. In a technical sense, often I'll generalize different concepts, notice how they function together/separately/similarly, and then play with those ideas in my head to figure out how such concepts would apply to different scenarios or in different conditions, sometimes for predictions other times for problem solving. In a more human sense, I'll tend to pay attention to the environment I'm in and generalize people's behaviors as to provide a proper and appealing response. I'm almost constantly adjusting the systems I create because a) There's always new input to deal with and b) Being as general as I am, there tends to be a lot of errors that must be adjusted for and finally c) I'm a very doubtful and skeptical person who cannot even trust their own thoughts fully.

It's funny that synesthasia was brought up in this though, because it was (semi)-recently suggested that I could have that. Going off of the fact that I'm pretty general and seek patterns rather than details to adjust to the world around me, I tend to categorize a lot of this information in an awkwardly impressionistic way. When I think of certain words, concepts, people, or even sounds, I tend to attach colors or visuals to them, which sometimes can be really useful in connecting concepts to one another. It helped me early on in school, for example, with prefixes. Sometimes, I will associate certain one's with color (ie. Kines- I'll think of red, phys- with purple, ect), which probably helped me with vocabulary building early on. It's nothing super exciting, and for the most part useless outside of maybe that one example, but I tend to categorize a lot of things in my head through colors. I don't think it's actually synesthasia though, rather just me being impressionistic and categorical in nature.