User Tag List

First 8910

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Because 9 is literally my opposite, as well as 2. Lol. "Trusting, accepting and stable" are not me at all.
    Dude, I literally use to think this until I realized that I was just a 9w8 with a heavy-ish wing. I told Bechimo that I didn't relate to those quoted words but i'm still a 9.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    486 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Dude, I literally use to think this until I realized that I was just a 9w8 with a heavy-ish wing. I told Bechimo that I didn't relate to those quoted words but i'm still a 9.
    And im telling you I have read into ever aspect of multiple types, even tumblr ones. I am not a 9.
    Nohari, Johari
    "If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie."
    Likes Borns liked this post

People Order Our Patties The Tsarevich's Avatar
    MBTI
    POOP
    Enneagram
    478 sx
    Socionics
    :-( None

@Yamimaru

I haven't interacted with you enough to know why everyone thinks you're obviously a 6. I have been on forums for long enough to know the ways 6 typings can be used as a weapon to cut anyone with a fiesty personality down to size. I can't say what's true in this case as I have little interest vested in this argument at present.

However if you'd like to bounce ideas off me and be listened to in a non-judgemental manner, we can talk about it via PM, discord, or Skype. I have had a long history of typing troubles and can relate to your frustration. There's an answer, you just need to understand how it applies to you.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Exolvuntur, Luminous, Borns liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Defense mechanisms for the four types in question:

Ones: Reaction Formation

Reaction Formation is a defense mechanism by which individuals reduce or try to eliminate anxiety caused by their own thoughts, feelings, or behaviors that they consider unacceptable by responding in a manner that is the exact opposite of their real responses. The One’s active inner critic dictates what is acceptable based on social mores, contextual expectations, and moral principles, and reaction formation becomes a defensive remedy when Ones experience what they deem “unacceptable” reactions. A subtle example often seen in Ones is when they dislike someone yet are especially nice and polite to this person. A more blatant example – one that is not exclusive to Enneagram style Ones – is an individual who crusades against corporate corruption, only to be discovered later as having embezzled money from the organization.

Fours: Introjection

Introjection is a counter-intuitive defense mechanism. Instead of repelling critical information and negative experiences that can cause a person anxiety or pain, individuals introject the information – that is, they fully absorb, internalize, and incorporate these data into their sense of self. Fritz Perls, the father of Gestalt Therapy, refers to this phenomenon as swallowing something whole without being able to differentiate between information that is true from information that is untrue. Fours introject negative information – and repel positive data – about themselves as a way of coping with painful information and neutralizing external threats. They prefer to deal with self-inflicted damage rather than having to respond to criticism or rejection from others.

Fives: Isolation

Isolation occurs in Fives as a way for them to avoid feeling overwhelmed and empty. Fives isolate themselves by retreating into their minds, cutting themselves off from their feelings, and compartmentalizing – that is, isolating each part of themselves from the whole or the related parts. For example, Fives separate their thoughts from their feelings and/or feelings from behaviors, as well as separating their personal and work lives. Fives may also isolate themselves from other people and separate their relationships so that their friends never meet one another; in fact, some Fives even have secret lives.

Eights: Denial

Denial is a defense mechanism by which individuals unconsciously negate something that makes them feel anxious by disavowing its very existence. These can include thoughts, feelings, wishes, sensations, needs, and other external factors that are unacceptable to the Eight for some reason. Denial comes in a variety of forms. A person may deny the reality of the unpleasant information altogether, admit that something is true but deny or minimize its seriousness, or admit that both the information and its severity are true but deny any personal responsibility for it.

Fixations for the four types in question:

Enneagram One: Resentment
    Paying attention to flaws so that nothing ever seems good enough.

Enneagram Four: Melancholy
    Thinking continuously about what is missing, with accompanying thoughts of being disconnected or separated from others.

Enneagram Five: Stinginess
    A scarcity paradigm that leads to an insatiable thirst for knowing, a reluctance to share – knowledge, time, space, and personal information – and to strategizing about how to control one’s environment.

Enneagram Eight: Vengeance
    The process of rebalancing wrongs through thoughts related to anger, blame, and intimidation.
    I don't think I've seen this before. Where did you find it? It does make some sense to me that some people can't identify introjection in me because it's mostly hidden. I think the Sp 4s probably rationalize/underplay their self-loathing (externally) so as to appear strong. They are really put off by pity and status (elitism) unlike the other 4s. It's a sort of masochistic humility.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes misfortuneteller liked this post

Destroyer of Souls Lord Lavender's Avatar
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think your INTJ for sure. The Te is really obvious and you feel far more Ni/Se than Si/Ne but ENTJ is a good second option. I'm very sure of your 8w9 core you have this straightforward steady and powerful air to you plus in conjunction with being Sp/So which compliments your style of 8 well (Sp/So 8w9 is by far less aggressive and reactive than the typical 8).. My impression for your fixes are 4w5 and 5w6/6w5 but I don't think you are triple reactive so I incline 5w6.
    Likes Exolvuntur liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I don't think I've seen this before.
    It is one of the many things about Enneagram that is hidden from the masses. Enneagram is so much more than the basic fears and basic desires.

Where did you find it?
    Enneagram Theory: Psychological Defense Mechanisms and the Enneagram - The Enneagram in Business
    Enneagram Fixations: Habits of Mind - The Enneagram in Business

It does make some sense to me that some people can't identify introjection in me because it's mostly hidden.
    I get it. I feel like my 9ish nature is hidden due to me having a heavy-ish wing and being a sp first 9w8.
    Likes Peter Deadpan, The Tsarevich liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    486 sp/so

After much deliberation on and off this thread. I have settled with 8w9 as my core, which is disintergrating to 5. I am then 4w5, which both together give me strong 5 vibes. But I also have the erratic behavior and reactiveness of 6cp mixed in, but it Is not my core by obvious reasons, as well as it too having a 5 wing. Which having wings like this make it terribly confusing to pinpoint the core.

So tritype is 846

I found this top tier explination of it. Tell me if its similar to how I am percieved.

The Truth Teller Eight – (864)
    Archetype, The Truth Teller – Tritype (4.6.8)
    *most reactive Tritype

Intense, truth tellers, shoot from the hip, push for a response, rebelling, reacting, and defending. Direct and intuitive.

The sexual 468 is very impacted by truth and speaking to what is hidden, unknown or unspoken. The intensity of the sx 468 puts this Tritype on the fast track.

For self-preservation 468s the truth is fundamental in life, it requires calm, openness, free from mental noise or emotional reaction. Slow exploring and understanding. It feels like being free from emotional hooks and forget false views from the society without fighting them, to restore a peaceful and benevolent sense of my own goodness and truth at 1. After that I can become really happy and powerful at helping others by simply explaining what I've understood about life.

The Truth Teller Archetype: (468, 648, 864). If you are Tritype 468, you are intuitive, inquisitive and direct. You want to be original, certain and straight-forward. You are highly sensitive, track inconsistencies and are like the ‘canary in the coal mine’ calling off unspoken agendas, motives and emotions. You are also very intense and can at times be rebellious and emotionally reactive. Your life mission is to identify what is insincere and not what it appears to be, and alert others of potential hazards. A whistle-blower, you are happiest when you are in a position to help others from being misled. You can be so focused on what can go wrong and on potential hazards that you miss how controlling you become and your impact on others and what is truly important and meaningful.

The 468 is constantly calling off truth as they see it and sees it as their business to warn people of the potential downfalls and pitfalls in the emotional and mental world. It's the type in each centre that is "truth telling" and tends to be the most reactive, even hyperactive. She said it's typically sexual subtype, but she's seen social too. There's a tendency to feel an acute sense of disappointment because their incredibly acuity at seeing the problems ahead or the potential pitfalls of any situation causes people to misunderstand their reactivity and emotionality.

You have all three Immediate Responder Enneacards, (types: 4, 6 & 8) in your Enneaspread. You see yourself as intense, responsive, challenging and instinctive. You avoid insincerity and people with hidden agendas. Like a canary in a coal mine, you are sensitive to what others miss. You tend to react strongly to pretence, seeking to call off the truth before moving forward. The 468 is a true challenger and truth teller. The 4 may be shy but this Tritype is very intense and reactive, quick to speak their mind. The 485 is the true intellectual that has strong opinions about their feelings and thoughts but less reactivity. Sexual instinct with 4 dominant makes both Tritypes more intense. The 468, however, is more dutiful and feisty whereas the 458 is one of the Tritypes that lives in their head researching and following their own muse.

The 468 Tritype is meant to name the emotional truth that is unspoken and therefore missing and to go on a quest to find it. The Tritype 468 has a counter-phobic 6 and.... the 4 is counter-envious... as in... they hate being envious and try to contain their negative emotions. The problem is that the 468 is impulsive and emotional.... often confronting before they think about it. The 468 has the instinctual, emotional type in each centre. And, there is a need to call off the truth of what is unspoken. I find the 468 to be very persistent... relentlessly so when seeking whatever ignites their passion.

As a 468, I find it tough to be up all the time. I see the darkness, the shadow, that the emperor has no clothes, I see the truth behind the persona, the lie we tell collectively to avoid the pain underneath. When the 4 and 6 are in the tritype there is more negativity as a strategy to prevent making a mistake that will bring shame, blame and criticism.

Type 8 in this Archetype:

Eight/Four fix: The moody, loner eight. Distinct outsider quality; as if on a highly
    personal mission. Tendency to feel exempt from conventional rules
    and circumstances.

Sexual 4s, 6s and 8s can all be pretty fucking ruthless in their extermination of foes; take a sx 684 and you have a veritable pit bull, someone who potentially sees extermination as their mission. And given the truth telling nature of that Tritype and sx/so (at least their truth), that tendency is also compounded. (Truth telling= extermination of lies)

The 458, 468 and 478 are all truth tellers in their own way. The 468 is the one that is hyper reactive and still seeks a fair authority.
    Nohari, Johari
    "If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie."
    Likes Ixaerus, Luminous, Ghost liked this post