User Tag List

MBTI
    WEEB
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Default Phantom of the Opera?

I am like 100% sure he's a 458 tritype. I think most people would be sure of that.

But is he a 4 or a 5?

And what's his MBTI? I have literally seen ALL of the INxx types listed for him over the years.

Yeah, I know the book is different than the play/movie. Let's just say this is a thread for all of his reincarnations.
    Likes Avocado liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    486 sp/so

Ive never watched Phantom of the Opera, is he as dramatic as me?
    Nohari, Johari
    "If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie."

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I can see the phantom being a kind of dark archetypal INFJ because of the intensity of emotion. I would say E4 much more than E5 because of the idealism and sense of singularity in how he idolizes his love.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL
    Likes 21% liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    I would say E4 much more than E5 because of the idealism and sense of singularity in how he idolizes his love.
    I agree with this.
    4w5 sp/sx EII
    Fear less, love more, be the change you want to see in the world.
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    More so, and in a very different way. (But then I don't find you particularly dramatic.)

I can see the phantom being a kind of dark archetypal INFJ because of the intensity of emotion. I would say E4 much more than E5 because of the idealism and sense of singularity in how he idolizes his love.
    I agree about the emotion, but it has always seemed more Fi than Fe, in both book and play/film versions. Enneagram-wise I would put him at 4 rather than 5. MBTI is hard because that system cannot account for pathologies, and the phantom certainly has some significant ones going on. For that reason, I wouldn't even rule out his being an E. It is his circumstances that dictate much of his apparently introverted behavior, but at the same time, he seeks attention in ways that won't expose him to ridicule.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    More so, and in a very different way. (But then I don't find you particularly dramatic.)

I agree about the emotion, but it has always seemed more Fi than Fe, in both book and play/film versions. Enneagram-wise I would put him at 4 rather than 5. MBTI is hard because that system cannot account for pathologies, and the phantom certainly has some significant ones going on. For that reason, I wouldn't even rule out his being an E. It is his circumstances that dictate much of his apparently introverted behavior, but at the same time, he seeks attention in ways that won't expose him to ridicule.
    Could the bolded be Fe? I agree there is an inwardness of emotion, but it is worked out externally by trying to force an outcome, and that seems like Je to me, although it could be the Te function being driven by Fi. My idea is that Fi by itself experiences the intense emotion, perhaps creates art about it, but doesn't know how to act upon the external world to get a result the same way that Fe can.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL

MBTI
    WEEB
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    can't say i know how dramatic you are, but now i want to get to know you just to find out lol

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Could the bolded be Fe? I agree there is an inwardness of emotion, but it is worked out externally by trying to force an outcome, and that seems like Je to me, although it could be the Te function being driven by Fi. My idea is that Fi by itself experiences the intense emotion, perhaps creates art about it, but doesn't know how to act upon the external world to get a result the same way that Fe can.
    I don't remember much of the book because I read it a couple years ago, but I also got the sense of Fe from him.
    "No human being is ever beyond redemption. The possibility of renewal exists so long as life exists. How to support that possibility in others & in ourselves is the ultimate question.”