User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I find his response excessive, especially for something so trivial.

I think it was a little excessive as well considering that I am generally mindful of his work and will not bother him when I know he’s busy. I can only assume that he was either in a very stressful situation and/or was already angry/annoyed with something or someone as he has never in over two years “spoken” to me in that way. I like the format of your suggested approach, and will be using it. Thank you so much.

We’ve worked it out. He misinterpreted my response as being snarky or last-word-itis. Which it wasn’t of course. But he thought it was. We talked. I made it clear to him that while we joke and push at each other, I would never do that in regards to his job. We made a plan for going forward. And all is good.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Assuming one is being passive-aggresive when they aren’t is always projecting. Personally, I’d be gone after s7ch an incident.
    ...but then you aren’t me.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”
    Likes I, Tonya liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I find his response excessive, especially for something so trivial. Apparently he is too busy to read a thumbs up from you, but not too busy to text back in all caps. (You could point out the illogic of his own behavior . . . later, when he is not busy and is in a better mood.) Seriously, I would just tell him later that you didn't mean to be a pest, you only wanted him to know that you got the message. Ask him what you should have done instead to confirm receipt/understanding, or if he perhaps feels it is not necessary to confirm. This is actually a decent formula for many things that may upset or annoy an INTJ: wait until the situation is over, then explain why you did what you did, and ask how he would prefer it be handled in future. A willingness to do better in future is worth much more than a standard apology to most INTJs from what I have seen.
    all of this .... His response would make me mad...I am actually mad at him now and mentally throwing a shoe on your behalf..But this is why i do not understand why Enfp and Intjs are supposed to work so well. they can-be so self righteous.
    Likes I, Tonya liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I would say, shut up and start talking the next day rather, starting by noon'ish

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Why apologize to a friend, what the actual hell. What.

You are never forced to be in a relationship with anyone, doesn't matter the years.

Nvm, not my problem.
    I'm always apologizing for feeling like I'm outta my mind when I'm doing just fine.