User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default 'This country must be African'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-45099915

South Africa is predictably moving forward toward asserting indigenous customs and culture. Re-claiming the land for their own people. Russia made a brilliant move offering to take in 15,000 White farmers to help bolster it's own agricultural endeavors.

Zimbabwe went through a similar cycle, where Australia took the White farmers in. The graph in the BBC article demonstrates the dramatic shift from a regional exporter, to a major importer of agricultural goods. Zimbabwe is offering 99 year leases in an attempt to get the White farmers to return.

I don't have a problem with the Africa for African's movement. But it does entertain me, how the media will shape or ignore aspects...when it doesn't fit the preferred narrative.

It's nice to see Africa rejecting Western Liberal ideas.

There's so much cultural baggage leftover from the colonial era that it's all a bloody mess. It's really quite a shame because Africa is a culturally rich continent with a lot of unique cultures and if they could shed a lot of that baggage they could be a cultural and economic powerhouse to rival east Asia and the west.
    "I cannot sanction your buffoonery."
    Likes sLiPpY liked this post

MBTI
    IXTX
    Enneagram
    163 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILI

Im against using excuses like the past, to be terrible to anyone. No one is alive anymore that did it. Eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind.
    Please fill these out if you feel like it: Nohari Johari

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    There's so much cultural baggage leftover from the colonial era that it's all a bloody mess. It's really quite a shame because Africa is a culturally rich continent with a lot of unique cultures and if they could shed a lot of that baggage they could be a cultural and economic powerhouse to rival east Asia and the west.
    hmm...baggage? Sure, mental baggage...a very odd admixture...of bullshit conditioning vs. reality. We've all been lied to so much, who in the hell knows what actual truth really is?

MBTI
    ISFP

Its their land and I think its okay to take it back. I don't think you can judge a country unless youve walked a mile in that countries shoes. If I were living in South Africa I'd give my land back because it's the right thing to do and we would all share it anyway so I don't think it's really like anyone is actually giving it away. Working together is much btter than working alone.
    With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet, you're too good to go down any not-so-good street.

~Thomas