User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Elan Musk; incapable of the most basic concept of pragmatism or reality.

That guy you know who is always going on about how hd’d totally survive a zombie apocalypse but everyone knows would go down immediatly would without tech-gagets or google to tell them how to build a fire.
    Also lacks any and all practical/life skills.
    "It's a good day to die, Valhalla! Who wants some blue potato chips?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreen View Post
    I think "stupid" is a great word for the "your wrong, I know stuff" types that keep replying with vacuous shit for the sake of arguing. Academic or philosophical discussions are great, but you can't have one with these types. Half the time they probably don't have a clue what they are talking about either.
    agreed
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    At the risk of a bit of a tangent, I take issue with this whole notion of "multiple intelligences". While those other so-called "intelligences" are valuable, they are not intelligence by any conventional definition. They are their own qualities: things like wisdom, empathy, physical grace/ability, artistic ability, etc. The problem isn't failing to call them by the wrong name, but rather overemphasizing/over-valuing conventional intelligence in comparison.
    yes, exactly my POV as well. I call these talents / skills, but they are not strongly correlated with g. The reason this 'multiple intelligence' idea is being parroted everywhere despite being utterly assinine and discredited is due to the general obsession average people have with intelligence, it's the same reason they'll both put it down as 'unimportant' or incorrect (despite it being the best predictive and most backed by research construct in the whole field of psychology) while simultaneously generally claiming to have an above average intelligence.
    It's similar, in a way, to self reported erect penis size: "size doesn't matter, but everyone you ask has a bigger than av. slong." Sure, that's how statistics work.

If you want to know what people value, look at what they either exagerate (or understate) - such as the number of sexual partners they've had, their iq, size of their shaft, income, academic achievements ...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueScreen View Post
    I think "stupid" is a great word for the "your wrong, I know stuff" types that keep replying with vacuous shit for the sake of arguing. Academic or philosophical discussions are great, but you can't have one with these types. Half the time they probably don't have a clue what they are talking about either.
    agreed
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I knew one - a likely INTJ who was obsessed with analyzing everything in reality based on the number 3.
    Likes Lady Lazarus liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    I knew one - a likely INTJ who was obsessed with analyzing everything in reality based on the number 3.
    Is that really stupid/dumb? It strikes me more as a misdirection of mental energy/resources. Although I suppose that could be considered a criteria for stupidity.
    "I cannot sanction your buffoonery."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    yes, exactly my POV as well. I call these talents / skills, but they are not strongly correlated with g. The reason this 'multiple intelligence' idea is being parroted everywhere despite being utterly assinine and discredited is due to the general obsession average people have with intelligence, it's the same reason they'll both put it down as 'unimportant' or incorrect (despite it being the best predictive and most backed by research construct in the whole field of psychology) while simultaneously generally claiming to have an above average intelligence.
    It's similar, in a way, to self reported erect penis size: "size doesn't matter, but everyone you ask has a bigger than av. slong." Sure, that's how statistics work.

If you want to know what people value, look at what they either exagerate (or understate) - such as the number of sexual partners they've had, their iq, size of their shaft, income, academic achievements ...

agreed
    Agreed. I tend to go with the metric, "What are the topic 5 things that a person spends time on - avoiding and fixating on?" In some ways, I consider myself flipping stupid, but I have spent 1000s of hours on introspection and analyzing other people (no joke) so I would like to think that I am proficient in that arena.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Is that really stupid/dumb? It strikes me more as a misdirection of mental energy/resources. Although I suppose that could be considered a criteria for stupidity.
    It is a highly simplified version of the kinds of mental processing in Ni-Te. The degree of simplicity and arbitrary application makes it ineffective and a slowed down version of what I've seen in other NTs.
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None

A stupid NT looks like me waking up on a hot summer morning. You would think I’m lying, but you also havnt seen me on a hot summer morning. So that’s that.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran

What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari