User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

@SearchingforPeace - How does your reactivity present? Do you look 6-ish to those close to you? Bonus: Do you walk with a tough guy swagger?
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by notmyapples View Post
    I experienced the same things, I wonder if this has correlation? Possibly an unintentional aura of independence that sx/so types give off.
    I don't know. I didn't talk until I was almost 4. I am told I was a very easy toddler.

Of course, I had to fend for myself, given my narcisstic unattached bipolar mother never paid close attention. I was picked up by the police 6 times before I was 4 (and I couldn't talk), so I would get picked up from the police station, usually after my dad came home and noticed I was gone.

She also left me to wander stores while she shopped. I usually got picked up by security and she would show up, eventually.

I guess she might have gotten arrested for neglect in today's world.

So I don't know how much was forced independence vs. natural confidence ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I don't know. I didn't talk until I was almost 4. I am told I was a very easy toddler.

Of course, I had to fend for myself, given my narcisstic unattached bipolar mother never paid close attention. I was picked up by the police 6 times before I was 4 (and I couldn't talk), so I would get picked up from the police station, usually after my dad came home and noticed I was gone.

She also left me to wander stores while she shopped. I usually got picked up by security and she would show up, eventually.

I guess she might have gotten arrested for neglect in today's world.

So I don't know how much was forced independence vs. natural confidence ....
    Jesus.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    @SearchingforPeace - How does your reactivity present? Do you look 6-ish to those close to you? Bonus: Do you walk with a tough guy swagger?
    I am normally the nicest friendliest guy on the planet. I am the person that people will approach out of a crowd for help. I am "safe", for all I am 6'6" and built like a NFL lineman.

But when I go to war, I am force of nature, a wall of force that swamps those around me. I go to war for others, not myself. I have a strong aversion against self-promotion.

Yet people I can't remember at all come up to me and remind me we once met. I immediately impact any new place I go.

I am extremely fast at reacting to anything. I am extremely aware of everything around me. I play mental games with myself predicting future actions of strangers.

If needed, I walk with the swagger. It isn't my nature mode. It tends to put too many on the defensive and I am a strong believer that sugar works better than force, most of the time.

I do go about life with confidence that may appear like swagger. When I recently met a major political figure recently, someone who had major party nominee, I was shocked that he seemed intimidated by me. I was not trying to do so, but.......

I have been known for forcefully pushing points and winning. I don't lose many arguments....

I guess I don't look 6-ish, except when I am doing really poorly overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes Peter Deadpan, Luminous liked this post