User Tag List

First 234

Results 31 to 38 of 38

  1. #31
    Demon King Yamimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Here there is a fair concentration of none Americans. (my bet is on that one)
    Not many Americans you say? Thats very interesting! I have to admit, Americans get old after a while. My only issue is Brittish humor tends to annoy me more than make me laugh.
    Please fill these out if you feel like it: Nohari Johari
    You only really die when you are forgotten.
    8w9, 5w4, 4w5

  2. #32
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Not many Americans you say? Thats very interesting! I have to admit, Americans get old after a while. My only issue is Brittish humor tends to annoy me more than make me laugh.
    Please stop derailing this thread.

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    I think the government will ALWAYS do things far more terribly than the worse private company.
    My life experience often says otherwise. What actually points to the fact that you simply live under the government that sucks. (what is completely different pair of socks)
    I think whether a government or business is more capable depends on the government or business. I tend to distrust both though. Well, I mostly distrust businesses because I find it hard to grapple with the mindset and can't seem to understand it. I understand much more about government, but I still do not trust whoever is in power mostly because I feel that mistrust is sort of just naturally hardwired into my brain. Other times, I just get really bad vibes in my gut from public figures (regardless of ideology).

    While I say I am a centrist ideologically, I lean mildly towards being a libertarian, mainly because my distrust of government makes me extremely cautious about the idea of a big government. I am also more socially liberal and more economically conservative in ways. Though, those aren't straight match ups either.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    You guys are a bit strange compared to other political discussions I have had on other forums. Curious.
    People have thought discussing politics with me in the past has been weird. I have been told on multiple occasions various versions of "Oh my god, just pick a side already." To which I smirked and responded 'nope,'".

    Every environment is different, which probably has to deal with the different individual perspectives at hand.

    And, for me, I think people are sometimes puzzled by me for numerous reasons. One being that moderates are not usually the political voices the public hears. There are some issues I'm not as moderate about. But I call myself a moderate because I believe in the importance of listening to and considering all sides and searching for compromises above all else. Sometimes compromise cannot be done, which I understand, but that doesn't mean the other ideas get automatically dismissed. I also msintain that extremists ideologies are always dangerous and lead to problems regardless of what that ideology actually is. That probably did not make much sense.
    Likes Yamimaru liked this post

  4. #34
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,293

    Default

    The point of Time and Thinking is that the naive things we think are only true in limited cases and are not true beyond the limited cases. This is particularly true for narcissists who have a limited case of one.

    For example, for homo sapiens now is a limited case because our now only extends as far as light travels in one tenth of a second, about the size of the Earth.

    It is nice to discuss the Doctrine of the Elect but why not do it on another thread, and here read The Order of Time by Carlo Ronelli and discuss it on Time and Thinking.

  5. #35
    =.= asynartetic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    12,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    You can eat chocolate and you can eat a turd, I think you'll find the experience is pretty different.

    Although, like I say.

    Be my guest. Try it out.
    Depends. Chocolate will rot the teeth and can have other potential negative effects when eaten beyond moderation. So are you arguing communism is good in moderation?
    har har

  6. #36
    Demon King Yamimaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    845 sp/so
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LucieCat View Post
    I think whether a government or business is more capable depends on the government or business. I tend to distrust both though. Well, I mostly distrust businesses because I find it hard to grapple with the mindset and can't seem to understand it. I understand much more about government, but I still do not trust whoever is in power mostly because I feel that mistrust is sort of just naturally hardwired into my brain. Other times, I just get really bad vibes in my gut from public figures (regardless of ideology).

    While I say I am a centrist ideologically, I lean mildly towards being a libertarian, mainly because my distrust of government makes me extremely cautious about the idea of a big government. I am also more socially liberal and more economically conservative in ways. Though, those aren't straight match ups either.



    People have thought discussing politics with me in the past has been weird. I have been told on multiple occasions various versions of "Oh my god, just pick a side already." To which I smirked and responded 'nope,'".

    Every environment is different, which probably has to deal with the different individual perspectives at hand.

    And, for me, I think people are sometimes puzzled by me for numerous reasons. One being that moderates are not usually the political voices the public hears. There are some issues I'm not as moderate about. But I call myself a moderate because I believe in the importance of listening to and considering all sides and searching for compromises above all else. Sometimes compromise cannot be done, which I understand, but that doesn't mean the other ideas get automatically dismissed. I also msintain that extremists ideologies are always dangerous and lead to problems regardless of what that ideology actually is. That probably did not make much sense.
    I don't consider myself "Right winged" either, just that I am right of the current Democrat voters. Im relatively moderate. I just find myself sympathizing with the Republicans far more than the Democrats.
    Please fill these out if you feel like it: Nohari Johari
    You only really die when you are forgotten.
    8w9, 5w4, 4w5

  7. #37
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,293

    Default

    The point of this thread is to show our perceptions are plausible but wrong. This is because we have discovered the very small and the very large are not like our medium size.

  8. #38
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    19,293

    Default

    We are now reaching into the very small through Quantum Mechanics to influence our medium size, and we are also reaching into the very big through Relativity to change our medium size world, yet our imaginations have not caught up, and we can only imagine what is merely plausible and not what is true.

Similar Threads

  1. When your actions and thinking don't mesh
    By Mycroft in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2018, 01:19 PM
  2. [MBTItm] Why Do Thinkers See Emoting and Thinking as Dichotomous Processes?
    By SquirrelTao in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 09:30 PM
  3. A poem for a time and place
    By Pseudonym_Alpha in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 12:18 AM
  4. Time and Type (S/N)
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO