User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    Are you also on the flat Earth bandwagon?
    Better be careful or you might drive right off the edge.
    Do you actually have any substantive issue with my post? If so, let's hear it.

In any case, have fun with SuperDuperDave.

MBTI
    NFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Do you actually have any substantive issue with my post? If so, let's hear it.

In any case, have fun with SuperDuperDave.
    I'm merely asking if you value advancement in knowledge.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Website looking for cash
    The strongest thing we track is what people fear and blame
    I doubt people wish to discuss their childhood at length.

Quote Originally Posted by Website looking for cash
    The selfish person can't hide that they fear tribe retaliation. The factual person can’t hide that they disrespect the abstract.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    — Confucius

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I'm merely asking if you value advancement in knowledge.
    Ah, well, I'm always happy to clear up a simple misunderstanding. Yes, I value advancement in knowledge.

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by reckful View Post
    Ah, well, I'm always happy to clear up a simple misunderstanding. Yes, I value advancement in knowledge.
    I might be missing something - but if this were the case, why did you refer to Jung, and not to more modern understandings of introversion and extroversion?
    It's possibly the only facet in all of personality theory that has any kind of credibility behind it - and it goes beyond surface level traits such as those you quoted, and into the mechanics of how our brains are wired (see: The Introvert Advantage by Dr. Laney).

If I recall correctly - I believe most people that are "Highly Sensitive People" according to Dr. Aron also believe themselves to be "introverts" - so again we're seeing more modern understandings of introversion and extroversion here, I don't feel we need to refer to Jung on this, as I believe we've advanced beyond his work here - though, of course, we haven't advanced past his theories, as he predicted this was the case).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Turi View Post
    I might be missing something - but if this were the case, why did you refer to Jung, and not to more modern understandings of introversion and extroversion?
    The post I replied to criticized the purportedly "non-Jungian" association of E/I and sociability, and my reply just corrected that misunderstanding.

MBTI
    NiTe

I think these are the same people who to the most comparative extent, say Te/Fis don't do their own thinking, nor do they care about others' values over their own values. They didn't really plan out their strategy or brainstorm better type combinations, nor seem to have an extensive knowledge on meaningful variations in human psychology, but went with the most basic approach they were familiar with. This is of course layered with just as many problems brushed under the rug as the next theory, at least, I know of theories with many less problems, like The True Types of Carl Jung which takes much more depth of understanding. I mentioned in another thread, that the majority of Ns I've studied relate to both Objective Personality's Ti and Fi definitions (being Ti-Fi types, not Ti-Fe or Fi-Te types) however shallow these definitions are. I haven't really gotten any psychological use from Objective Personality's understanding on MBTI, their relational theory seems out the window, however, there are many better systems out there for understanding the functional groupings of people, more useful galleries and definitions on relational chemistry if your preference is for accuracy > ease of understanding.

This is about as catchy and pop-psychology as standard Keirsey when realistically compared to what's been achieved. There is a correlation between extraversion and sociability, but that's not its, nor Jung's, complete understanding and substance on the issue. Its definition and etymology are "outward-turning" or "outward-referencing," and are the benchmarks which Jung and Socionics used to draw these correlations, that MBTI avoided and skipped over. One thing however that MBTI and Socionics have achieved over Jung's understanding is the simple realization that all people dominantly Value and feel emotions, that F is much more related to a preference for Ethics and People Concerns > Logic and Reason.

If our human values were a function, they would be primary / #1. On a real test which tests for reasons and values, no one will obtain the former result, unless programmed by the likes of Hitachi Robotics. Even so, we're testing for what we indeed value: our own reasoning (T) or the opinions and concerns of others (F). MBTI was unknowing that their function system falls apart with these goofy Jung functions, like Fi equaling "personal values," which is hopefully something we all have, and it seems that, with all the good bits from each typology, Objective Personality / Dave has taken the worst bits from each theory.

I give the work overall a 3/10, I think that's fair. To each his own however.
    Gamma | NiTe | INTJ
    I'm more concerned with what an Introverted vs Extroverted Function really is in the human mind, than I am with the mainstream definitions.
    Ni vs Ne [1] | What are Pe, Pi, Je and Ji? [1] | What are Ni and Ne? [1] [2]