User Tag List

Thread: Hello Everyone

Enneagram
    7w8

Default Hello Everyone

Hello,

My name is Matt and I am new to this website. I have been fascinated by personality psychology ever since my first brush with The Enneagram in 2007. I was depressed for various reasons, and sought help in the form of therapy. My coach had me work with The Enneagram. I started out by reading Personality Types by Riso and Hudson. When I got to the chapter on Type 7, I felt as though the authors had installed cameras in my home, and knew me better than I knew myself. Working with the Enneagram can be a very powerful means of developing self awareness, and of self improvement. Here's something I'd like to put on the table for discussion. In my experience with The Enneagram, I have come to agree that one's type more or less fixed; that it won't change. That said, I feel as though the wings are a bit less static. I can certainly see real differences in some types, for example a 9w8 vs. a 9w1. I consider that an easy distinction to make. However, my internal process of integration has come with the experience of moving closer to the "center" of my type. I feel as though I typically lean towards the 8, but can easily oscillate to 6. This has always interested me in that types who are at the extreme ends of their psychological health, be it at the far top or at the far bottom, are harder to "see". At the upper levels of development, it is because they are able to integrate the wisdom of the other types into their overall expression, whereas at the bottom, there type expression is largely hidden from view.

Looking forward to starting some clarifying discussions with you all!

~Matt

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

Welcome to the forum!

MBTI
    isdb

Hellooo Matt!
    Die Brezel & ich

Senior Member Neal Caffreynated's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx

Welcome to TypoC!
    Great art captures a time, a place and an emotion.