User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Suaimhneas View Post
    I haven't yet.. it's something that I still struggle with pinpointing. For a few years I was quite confident that I was an INFP, but when I really delved deeper into MBTI a year or so ago I started to second guess myself. I tend to be very cynical.. even quite nihilistic regarding life. I see some situations objectively in ways that might make some 'feeling types' horrified, yet I tend to internalize these thoughts due to my dislike of conflict and asserting my opinion. That being said, I don't necessarily see things in black in white... rather in shades of gray. I can still see the beauty and connection in many elements of life despite my pessimism. Perhaps I am just an INFP that has been disillusioned with the reality of the world I have grown to know in my life? I'm not sure.

Can you explain what you mean with the T/F 'balance' of the ENxP/ISxJ types that you mentioned?
    Basically ENxPs and ISxJs have feeling and thinking in the middle of their stacks like ISFJ is Si/Fe/Ti/Ne and ENTP is Ne/Ti/Fe/Si. INxPs and ESxJs on the other hand have feeling and thinking on opposite ends like a INFP is Fi/Ne/Si/Te and a ESTJ is Te/Si/Ne/Fi.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

nothing on your lists are clear indicators.... i share many of your "infp traits", but i doubt i will often be seen as infp...
    “The only intelligent tactical response to life’s horror is to laugh defiantly at it.”
    ― søren kierkegaard

“Most men are not wicked... They are sleep-walkers, not evil evildoers.”
    ―franz kafka

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
    ― kurt vonnegut
    Likes Suaimhneas liked this post

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

Sounds intp to me. The 9 enneagram seems to be good bridge between the two sets of traits you listed.

A pretty clear indicator (to me) that separates fi dom and ti dom, is that fi essentially means you're a huge lover. Where as fe means you are loved. Fi doms come can come off as mean where as Fe doms (users of fe in general) are just gonna come off like they don't care as much.

I get that your gentle and likeable and that's normal for an intp.

An infp would come off more like, they're a really sweet person, but they can be mean to someone's face too. But if they love you, they realllyyy love you.

The interests you listed don't sound atypical intp to me at all really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by TheCheeseBurgerKing View Post
    Sounds intp to me. The 9 enneagram seems to be good bridge between the two sets of traits you listed. A pretty clear indicator (to me) that separates fi dom and ti dom, is that fi essentially means you're a huge lover. Where as fe means you are loved. Fi doms come can come off as mean where as Fe doms (users of fe in general) are just gonna come off like they don't care as much. I get that your gentle and likeable and that's normal for an intp. An infp would come off more like, they're a really sweet person, but they can be mean to someone's face too. But if they love you, they realllyyy love you. The interests you listed don't sound atypical intp to me at all really.
    Ooh, yeah, I'm more like an intp then.
    Intps seem to get portrayed as abrasive elsewhere on the internet, and the whole 'rational and logical' stereotype seems to attract some really distasteful people into identifying with it, hahaha. I guess that's why I thought I wasn't one.
    Thanks for the explanation!
    Likes TheCheeseBurgerKing liked this post

Sounds intp to me. The 9 enneagram seems to be good bridge between the two sets of traits you listed.

A pretty clear indicator (to me) that separates fi dom and ti dom, is that fi essentially means you're a huge lover. Where as fe means you are loved. Fi doms come can come off as mean where as Fe doms (users of fe in general) are just gonna come off like they don't care as much.

I get that your gentle and likeable and that's normal for an intp.

An infp would come off more like, they're a really sweet person, but they can be mean to someone's face too. But if they love you, they realllyyy love you.

The interests you listed don't sound atypical intp to me at all really.
    So by your standards would someone that struggles with assertion and conflict automatically be an Fe user? What if that someone openly lives out their personal values and principles, versus the held or expected mores of the group, but does not engage in confrontation? Someone that may withholding a judgment or thinking something "mean" while not presenting it to someone's face?

Can you also explain what you mean by a huge lover (Fi) compared to someone that, "comes off like they don't care as much" (Fe)? I imagine an Fi user to be open and loving to those they have opened up to or brought into their inner circle, while being more blasé of aloof to others around them. Comparatively I would think an Fe user would be more outwardly engaging and friendly.

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

@Suaimhneas

You're understanding of the functions seems right.

I was comparing two negatives to paint a picture. Now you're taking one positive and one negative and comparing them, which is not the same context that I used them in. Not to mention you sound like an ass.

I don't like you're attitude so I'm not gonna respond to any thing else you said.

I made a comparison to help someone gain an understanding, which seemed to work. The comparison was in no way addressed to you.

@Suaimhneas

You're understanding of the functions seems right.

I was comparing two negatives to paint a picture. Now you're taking one positive and one negative and comparing them, which is not the same context that I used them in. Not to mention you sound like an ass.

I don't like you're attitude so I'm not gonna respond to any thing else you said.

I made a comparison to help someone gain an understanding, which seemed to work. The comparison was in no way addressed to you.
    I'm sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to dig deeper into your answers to better understand your statement. Yea, I didn't make the OP, but does that mean I can't attempt to clarify your position so that I can understand how you got there?

I agree with the comment RE: you choosing this based on hobbies instead of actual thought/feeling patterns. I'm a definite INTJ, but that doesn't mean I'm completely cold-hearted and scientific. I work as a content strategist and editor in media technology, but I also write romantic novels. I love to organize and plan to maximize structure in my life, but I also enjoy lazy weekends playing the piano and reading some good fiction. What we entertain ourselves with isn't necessarily the "core" of who we are in the most explicit terms. I am an INTJ because I'm an introverted thinker who lives in a world of abstract analysis, and how that plays out in my life is a constantly evolving and blossoming thing.
    Likes Suaimhneas liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by AI_INTJ View Post
    I agree with the comment RE: you choosing this based on hobbies instead of actual thought/feeling patterns. I'm a definite INTJ, but that doesn't mean I'm completely cold-hearted and scientific. I work as a content strategist and editor in media technology, but I also write romantic novels. I love to organize and plan to maximize structure in my life, but I also enjoy lazy weekends playing the piano and reading some good fiction. What we entertain ourselves with isn't necessarily the "core" of who we are in the most explicit terms. I am an INTJ because I'm an introverted thinker who lives in a world of abstract analysis, and how that plays out in my life is a constantly evolving and blossoming thing.
    Yeah, I see that by now, haha. The people on this site seem to have a stronger concept of what the thought/feeling patterns actually are than in other mbti resources I've accessed, so I'm gradually gaining some of that knowledge from the replies in this thread.
    I just don't really resonate with type descriptions that say things like 'you're an abstract analytical thinker' or 'you're a dreamy person who is driven by morality' because those statements seem so vague and designed to appeal to the the Forer effect. I mean, almost anyone could say those things about themselves and it would be relatively true? Like, if I said to someone 'oh hi I'm an intuitive introvert' it wouldn't actually explain much?

Sorry, this is going totally off topic but I'm making myself laugh sooo like imagine that conversation playing out:
    intp: hey i'm an intuitive introvert, are you some kind of extroverted intuitive or what
    estp: nah mate i'm an impulsive extrovert with major sensing tendencies
    intp: ah sorry dude my bad. so how's that living-in-the-moment thing going?
    estp: yeah it's been pretty cool, can't complain
    intp: yeah i gotta try some of that some time, i've been analysing future possibilities too much lately

MBTI
    NiTe

So, you're an N primary type, since they have relatively equal F/T. You can't be confused if you're a T primary, because they're F inferior. Check out this post first to determine Ne or Ni primary: Ne vs Ni

Then figure out what your secondary function is: Functions (more on Ne vs Ni here as well)
    Gamma | NiTe | INTJ
    I'm more concerned with what an Introverted vs Extroverted Function really is in the human mind, than I am with the mainstream definitions.
    Ni vs Ne [1] | What are Pe, Pi, Je and Ji? [1] | What are Ni and Ne? [1] [2]