User Tag List

MBTI
    IDK!
    Enneagram
    0w0

Default Do you analyze people you don't know well out loud and why?

I understand some people do this in their heads, including me, when they want to figure someone out - but recently I had an interviewer who talked about me like he knew who I am (some of which were out on a limb). I didn't even need to promote myself because he did that part for me as well. Hate that part of interviews, so not going to complain. :P Though I'm still not sure if that was a way to ask me to do more self-promotion, or it was his way of giving me multiple choice answers from which I could validate which ones were right or wrong. If that's the case, I pretty much failed to give any indication. ._.

So do you ever evaluate people you don't know and share your analysis with them? Is there purpose to it/are you looking for certain responses?
    If there's no response from the other, do you assume you're right? Do you feel like you're just talking to yourself?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    964 so

No I dont usually analyze people- at least immediately for no reason. If they start talking to me a ton... even then I dont usually analyze THEM but more the situations they are talking to me about.

If they seem... if something is brought to my attention/is very obvious, I moght analyze it. If I have an issue with someone I do try to analyze why- I like to understand things, or try to.

But normally I dont analyze people for no reason. And I dont share my analysis usually
    Johari

Nohari
    Likes wallflour liked this post

MBTI
    ENtP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wallflour View Post
    I understand some people do this in their heads, including me, when they want to figure someone out - but recently I had an interviewer who talked about me like he knew who I am (some of which were out on a limb). I didn't even need to promote myself because he did that part for me as well. Hate that part of interviews, so not going to complain. :P Though I'm still not sure if that was a way to ask me to do more self-promotion, or it was his way of giving me multiple choice answers from which I could validate which ones were right or wrong. If that's the case, I pretty much failed to give any indication. ._.
    It might be part of a bigger thing about "thinking out loud," at least for him. Depends on whether or not he was a talker across the board on all subjects. If that's the case, then he didn't have a motive for doing it.

I'll tell a person what I think about them if they ask me, but there's usually no reason to bring it up otherwise.
    Ne = Ni > Ti = Fe > Te > Fi > Se = Si
    J. Scott Crothers
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics
    Mod, Typology Central

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes wallflour liked this post