User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    260

    Default Do you have any experiences with 8-ish 2s?

    Do they often deny that they are helpers because they'd see that as appearing to be people-pleasing?

  2. #2
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I think that the mum from Precious may be a 2w3 that disintegrated to a 8.

    YouTube

  3. #3
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    I'm a 2w3 with a strong 8 fix. It's not uncommon for someone to type me as 3 or 8 because of it.

    I've never denied my e2 typing due to that perception of 2s. I do think there are a lot of 2s who mistype themselves (often as 6 or 9) because of how negatively 2s are portrayed though.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic > Conventional > Investigative > Realistic
    Love Language: Words of Affirmation + Acts of Service
    Potter House: Slytherin

    Johari · PRIDE · Nohari

  4. #4
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I do think there are a lot of 2s who mistype themselves (often as 6 or 9) because of how negatively 2s are portrayed though.
    Are you being serious? 2s are portrayed in a brilliant light like 4s and 5s. 1s, 3s, 6s and 8s are the ones that are painted in a bad light.

  5. #5
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    2's aren't portrayed negatively. 3s and 8s often are though.
    I agree that 2s and 8s also have negative portrayals but the poor summary of 2s as manipulative and needy enablers is absolutely a contributor to why 2s mistype as 6 and 9.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic > Conventional > Investigative > Realistic
    Love Language: Words of Affirmation + Acts of Service
    Potter House: Slytherin

    Johari · PRIDE · Nohari

  6. #6
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    260

    Default

    the poor summary of 2s as manipulative and needy enablers is absolutely a contributor to why 2s mistype as 6 and 9.
    No. 2s are often seen a good light unless you read the unhealthy side of the type and it is the 6s and 9s that mistype as them.

  7. #7
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    No. 2s are often seen a good light unless you read the unhealthy side of the type and it is the 6s and 9s that mistype as them.
    I disagree. There is a stigma against 2s and a preference towards 9s and 6s, despite the three types having a lot in common. You can even see it on the forum.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic > Conventional > Investigative > Realistic
    Love Language: Words of Affirmation + Acts of Service
    Potter House: Slytherin

    Johari · PRIDE · Nohari

  8. #8
    Senior Member misfortuneteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Merced View Post
    I disagree. There is a stigma against 2s and a preference towards 9s and 6s, despite the three types having a lot in common. You can even see it on the forum.
    Well there may be here but everywhere else 2s are seen a good light. You can't pass of what happens here as a fact.

  9. #9
    Talk to me. Merced's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    LSE Si
    Posts
    2,829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Well there may be here but everywhere else 2s are seen a good light. You can't pass of what happens here as a fact.
    What happens here isn't 100% representative of everywhere, but my anecdote isn't disqualified because of that. How people type due to perceptions of a type within a typing community is a valid point to bring up. I didn't spend much time on there admittedly, but the preference for aligning with the e6 image over the e2 image was apparent there too. I don't know a typology community that doesn't put more stock in 6s than 2s-- or a typology community that isn't underrepresented in e2s because of it.

    Edit: There being Personality Cafe, my bad
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Fi > Se > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian)
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic > Conventional > Investigative > Realistic
    Love Language: Words of Affirmation + Acts of Service
    Potter House: Slytherin

    Johari · PRIDE · Nohari

  10. #10
    Senior Member ceecee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    10,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misfortuneteller View Post
    Do they often deny that they are helpers because they'd see that as appearing to be people-pleasing?
    No. In my experience they use the people pleasing as ammo to guilt trip or to convince others that their self-sacrifice is 100% real and not a front for manipulative behavior. Yes the 2 I know is unhealthy and pathetic and angry but 2's are seen as spineless and repulsive, not a brilliant light at all around here.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes misfortuneteller liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. [ESFP] ESFPs, do you have any interests/hobbies?
    By sandbeige in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-30-2017, 12:22 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-16-2017, 11:22 PM
  3. Do you have any desire to own controversial books?
    By Lark in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-08-2011, 12:01 AM
  4. [MBTItm] SPs, do you have any advice for an NF on how to better enjoy the "now"?
    By TheEmeraldCanopy in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-19-2010, 11:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO