User Tag List

First 12

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    You're not being a douche.

What Type of Thinker Are You? The Difference Between Extraverted and Introverted Thinking - Psychology Junkie

Extraverted Thinking (Te) - Personality Growth

Socionics Information Elements: Te

In this case, I think she was using Te, because it seems like her brain quickly ran and chose the most efficient algorithm to achieve two goals (getting her kid enough money for a field trip fee and making sure she had laundry money readily available). There was a definite logic involved in her decision, though not an internalized, deliberated, ponderous logic (Ti) in this particular case. It was swift and results-oriented.
    Ah, right, I'm steering clear of internet sources/blogs and am not interested in (don't believe in) Socionics.
    Have you got anything more true to the theory?
    From Jung himself if possible, of Marie-Lousie von Franz? Van der Hoop? Something that's basically not an internet article because I find them all to be too "MBTI" and I'm only coming at this from a Jungian perspective (which Myers deviates from way too much for my liking).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    He is correct about the emboldened. I'm just trying to determine if it's Te because the focus was on usefulness/efficiency.
    I understand it's correct from an internet-MBTI perspective - I was curious as to whether there was any support from Jung or Jungian sources, though.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    485 sp/sx

@Turi - Can you elaborate on the difference for me? Specifics, if possible.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    @Turi - Can you elaborate on the difference for me? Specifics, if possible.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're after - I don't see "Te" as having anything to do with "convenience" and/or "efficiency", directly - I see them as possible byproducts of Thinking in the extraverted attitude but surely not something to hang your hat on as reliable to type with.

I see "Te" as simply Thinking in the Extraverted attitude, as Jung did - essentially "a linking up of ideas by means of a concept, in other words, to an act of judgment" - I view this as reasons in the ordinary, dictionary definition of the word (a cause, explanation, or justification (the linking up of ideas by means of a concept) for an action or event - in context, an act of judgment) - primarily oriented towards objective, outer-world data.

This is to say, I view "Te" as types that are oriented towards making decisions that make sense - stripped of Feeling values - in accordance with external information.. and that's it.

In and of themselves, I don't believe "convenience" or "efficiency" have a whole lot to do with "Te".
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post