User Tag List

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Default Postscript: Previously Unpublished Speeches from April 2018 Member of the Day

Several members declined nomination for an April 2018 Member of the Day award.

Two of these members already had beautiful speeches written about them by the members who nominated them, and I wanted to share them. With the permission of the authors and their nominees, here are the two nomination speeches and the reply of one of the nominees:

Virtual Ghost is a longtime member of this forum, and has consistently made thoughtful and substantive contributions on a variety of topics, from politics to that neverending ENFP/INTJ thread, all while conversing in a second language. He is always genuine, and I can trust him to say what he means and mean what he says, which - like common sense - is none too common. I especially appreciate the insights Virtual Ghost provides on life in Europe, particularly Eastern Europe. He provides much needed perspective on events in the U.S., and I always learn from what he shares of his own experiences. He represents the best of us, and I am glad to know him, if only "virtually".

Coriolis

I'd like to nominate geedoenfj because she has faced everything life could throw at someone, and rather than becoming a defeated or negative person, she turned it around into something which made her a better and stronger person. It seems that when she's not saying something funny or interesting, she's saying something nice or profound. I've learned so much about life and about wisdom from her posts and our interactions here on the forum.

JAVO

I’d like to thank you a lot for sharing this message, it moved me to tears reading this.. I always respected JAVO and learned so much from him myself, and it’s very nice to see his kind words, thank you again and again

geedoenfj

Thank you to JAVO, geedoenfj, Coriolis, and Virtual ghost for participation and permission to publish these.
    And did you exchange
    A walk-on part in the war
    For a lead role in a cage?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESE

I nominate @Metis because as far as I can tell, they're just plain good.

and there's nothing plain about being good, because it's so hard to find
    Likes Metis, Kas liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Why are you doing this to me @JAVO you literally made me cry this must be the nicest thing I’ve ever heard, you are a dear friend to me and I learned a lot about life from you too..

Thank you so much for your kindness, and I brought you something to show my appreciation

———————
    I 100% agree with coriolis about Virtual Ghost, his insight are always subjective and rational, specially with English not being his mother language, everytime I start reading one of his posts, I know I will eventually click that like button
    Likes Metis, JAVO, Kas liked this post

MBTI
    eNTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    Why are you doing this to me @JAVO you literally made me cry this must be the nicest thing I’ve ever heard, you are a dear friend to me and I learned a lot about life from you too..

Thank you so much for your kindness, and I brought you something to show my appreciation

Aww...

Thank you. I'll ride it over to visit you sometime!
    Likes Kas, Metis, geedoenfj liked this post

Love seeing this <3
    Likes geedoenfj, JAVO liked this post