User Tag List

First 234

Quote Originally Posted by Bauerh View Post
    Predicting the future even with scientific methods is “iffy” at best. But, of course, any info can potentially have an impact on what one does, whether it were an accurate prediction of the future or just a fictional prediction.

There are self-fulfilling prophecies, in which the mere belief that something is going to happen, leads to actions that make something occurring to be more likely and even inevitable.

And our will is determined, anyway, by whatever the factors are, be they predictions included or just all of the other factors that go into determining what we will do.

Certainly this is plausible, but I prefer the hard data. I know how easily I am misled, so to avoid being led up the garden path by charm and status, I prefer to keep my nose in the data
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I know this is an old thread, but what is there to debunk about Astrology? Everyone already knows that Astrology is pseudoscience.
    ISFP - 6w7 sx/sp - 684 (6w7, 8w9, 4w3) tritype - SLI-ISTp (Si Subtype, Socionics) - Melancholic-Choleric - Aesthetican

-- Nobody is born 'Special'. Every skill, quality, personality and talent is earned through life experience, practice and trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by Charus View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but what is there to debunk about Astrology? Everyone already knows that Astrology is pseudoscience.
    Nor everyone knows mbti uses exactly the same means of manipulation as astrology.

But mbti rewards us with a feeling of control, puts our critical mind to sleep, and wakes our imaginative mind. This is irresistible to those in emotional pain, and will believe anything to stop the pain.